Quantcast Thrill of the trade-

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thrill of the trade-

I trade both pins and vinylmation-tho much more into the vinyl these days. I know what every one says about the thrill of the hunt-finding that totally awesome tiny treasure that you never thought you would find in trade...For me it's so much more and was just wondering if there are any other traders that feel like I do..
    For me it's not so much the hunt of what I want-what I am collecting, it's about helping the treasures move along to it's perfect home. It's about sharing that common interest with a broad group of people and having something that brings us, total strangers, together... I like helping others, if I can along the way, find the treasures they're seeking.
    This past weekend I was a D Street-best place to trade/hunt/share vinyls...I was talking to a guy - we were both looking at the Park Starz 3 display figuring out which tin to grab to hopefully get that one that we really have to have...He said he was looking for the Dream Finder-it was the only one in the set that he wanted. He wanted it to go with his Figment collection. I could tell he really wanted it. I want the Dream Finder too, and the electrical parade float...but I was really hoping for Sonny! We grabbed our tins, wished each other luck and went about our shoping-having shared in the hunt with a fellow collector.
    While I as at the counter done with trading and my purchase-and you always gotta open your vinyl at the counter at DStreet-they want to know what you got just as much as you do! I got the Dream Finder! I was excited-I have a cool figment pin collection that he will look good with- and then I hear beside me at the other register-a deep sigh and a guy say-yeah he's cool I guess...I turned and it was the dude I was talking with before-that wanted the Dream Finder...I asked what he got-he showed me the electrial parade float...I pulled my Dream Finder out of the tin and asked him if he wanted to trade...His face was awesome. He actaully told me not to tease him-he couldn't believe I was really offering to trade him for the 1 thing he wanted that day...
    It was the best trade moment in a long time.
    I still want the Dream Finder and I'll get him...I'm happy with the Parade Float Turtle...and I had the best trading day in a long time.
    Share the love people-share the love!!!!!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

That was awesome! You brought a little Disney magic to a fellow collector!

Thanks for sharing your moment!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! You made his day!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Awesome! You made his day!
    It made my day too! I guess in short that's what I was trying to say... Trading isn't just about what I'm collecting. Its about getting to help others find their treasure

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Its always fun to help others out with trades. We do not do the Vynilmation. My daughter trades pins. For her, it is not that "1 pin". It is more about how many she can possibly trade. She has learned to look for sets. She still keeps an eye out for characters or the theme of the moment.

Her favorite thing to do is to trade for the "mystery" pins on CMs' lanyards if she doesn't see one she likes. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad. If she doesn't like it, she can trade it away. The good thing about pin trading for her it allows us to get away from the hustle and bustle. It is a way to slow down in the AC and out of the sun while still having fun.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: