Quantcast Apple Store to Disney Springs?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apple Store to Disney Springs?

I don't think this has been confirmed by Disney yet, nor have I seen a press release, so let's call it a rumor for now...

A large Apple Store will be part of the new Disney Springs area... Where in DS? No idea...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That was a rumor back in 2007! Glad to hear it's still a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't see how an Apple Store would productively fit into Downtown Disney. When on an expensive vacation are people are really looking forward to purchasing pricey laptops and phones. Maybe the out of country visitors might. Then with D-Tech already providing accessories for Apple products in multiple locations in Downtown Disney, I don't see what unique thing an Apple Store could provide.

The building would probably look great, aesthetically it would fit well in the West Side.

Post Thanks / Like

We need another Apple store like we need another Starbucks.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
    When on an expensive vacation are people are really looking forward to purchasing pricey laptops and phones.
    I know when I was younger and would vacation with my parents if I wanted something I knew my dad would always be more willing to buy me stuff on vacation. I don't know if he already was spending money so he figured why not spend more or what, but I always used that to my advantage when I was little.

I kind of have adopted the same theory with my DD while on vacation. I am not sure about a new computer etc. But maybe a new iPod or something small.

Also don't forget they do repairs and sell iPhones there and on vacation people tend to break their stuff and are up a creek when it comes to finding a place to replace a broken phone. Especially those that stay on Disney property with no car to get to a Verizon store etc...
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, when you think about it, having an Apple Store on property makes sense.. Here is why..

MDE... plain and simple, MDE... This generation is already a generation whose heads are buried in their smartphones or tablets... Walking, running, driving... Mostly everyone has their head down reading a text, a website, an Instant Message, doing work, etc...

Disney has created an experience in WDW where you now no longer need to look at and take in your surroundings in the park.. No, bury your head in your smartphone or tablet instead, worrying about your FP or ADR times, looking at wait times, or trying to book a dinner while running to Splash Mountain and dodging strollers...

You are forced to take your phone into the park with you now... Hence, the charging stations at the Tangled bathrooms and the charging locker stations...

So, what happens when your charger falls out of your pocket while on Space Mountain, or RnRC, or gets wet on Splash, Kali, and recently Pirates? Or how about if you lose it in the park... Oh where, oh where do you get another charger? APPLE STORE...

If you bring your laptop, and most everyone does now, and something goes haywire with it, APPLE STORE (unless you have a Windows based laptop)...

Closest one right now is Mall of Millenia I believe... There is also a Best Buy, or maybe a few of them? And Walmarts... But all off property...

Yes, as sad as it is to say it, an Apple Store kind of does make sense...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

If a Harley Davidson store fits, an apple store fits.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't part of the reason for the refurbishment to Disney Springs to draw more locals? As a former local (and hopefully soon will be again) I think it would be fantastic. I hated driving all the way to Millenia.

I would think that this store would have more accessories then actual products, though I'm sure that it would contain plenty of those as well.
    Nothing is impossible, it just hasn't been done yet!

CosmicRay's DH
    DVC Member since 2010 (Saratoga Springs)

Been there more times than I can count. Used to be close enough to watch the fireworks every night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizHawk View Post
    Isn't part of the reason for the refurbishment to Disney Springs to draw more locals? As a former local (and hopefully soon will be again) I think it would be fantastic. I hated driving all the way to Millenia.

I would think that this store would have more accessories then actual products, though I'm sure that it would contain plenty of those as well.
    ...if they make it an "accessory store" then the Apple district store planning manager should be fired. From a marketing viewpoint ...you fill a store with stuff that sells ....you put a store where it's gonna' get customer traffic ....and then you reap the benefits.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizHawk View Post
    I hated driving all the way to Millenia.
    I still haven't been to Millenia, probably because of my avoidance of I4. Florida Mall has an Apple store but it is not any closer. I'm just used to Florida Mall it has been around as long as I have been going.

If an Apple Store opens in Disney it will be popular. The on site tech support would be great (Actually I would just love a overall handyman shop on Disney property). Still question how many sales it would get. I think the big ticket will be a hard sale here and for "fashion" accessories they are competing with the Disney stores. I agree they will make a killing in chargers.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a serious question because we only have one Apple product in our household: do Apple owners seriously purchase chargers and other accessories at the Apple store? If so, why? You can get them from most big box retailers, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. We own a bunch of electronics (more than I care to admit) and I can say I have always bought all the peripheral stuff via Amazon (love the Prime!) or at Best Buy or Target. Other than the use of the "Genius Bar" for repairs, the Apple stores seem redundant. Am I missing something? Do you get something special for purchasing accessories at the Apple store? If my charger broke on vacation, I'd order a new one for next day delivery to my hotel via Amazon prime. Easy peasy.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    This is a serious question because we only have one Apple product in our household: do Apple owners seriously purchase chargers and other accessories at the Apple store? If so, why? You can get them from most big box retailers, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. We own a bunch of electronics (more than I care to admit) and I can say I have always bought all the peripheral stuff via Amazon (love the Prime!) or at Best Buy or Target. Other than the use of the "Genius Bar" for repairs, the Apple stores seem redundant. Am I missing something? Do you get something special for purchasing accessories at the Apple store? If my charger broke on vacation, I'd order a new one for next day delivery to my hotel via Amazon prime. Easy peasy.
    The only thing you're missing is that someone might not be able to wait until the next day to charge their phone and, without a vehicle, may not have any other options.

Oh, and also not everyone has prime so next day shipping is super expensive without it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    The only thing you're missing is that someone might not be able to wait until the next day to charge their phone and, without a vehicle, may not have any other options.

Oh, and also not everyone has prime so next day shipping is super expensive without it.
    Quoted for truth... I have Prime, and even then, I don't get next day shipping.. Prime gives 2 day shipping, and you still pay for over night delivery... Maybe not as expensive, but still not free...

If you are on vacation, but still doing some office work remotely, and you have a report you need to email right away (and yes, there are people who do still do work while on vacation), and something goes wrong (your charger fails, laptop dies, battery won't take a charge, etc), never mind waiting a day or two (paying for the expensive over night delivery), but can you even access Amazon to order it?

So, no, not everyone can use Amazon, or will use Amazon... an Apple Store on property will help big time...

Post Thanks / Like

If Disney Springs turns out to be more of the same kinds of places as West Side or a suburban mall, I won't bother with it. Not going to take time out of my vacation to shop at the same places that I can at home, no matter how much pretty water there is. I'll stick to the Marketplace.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    If Disney Springs turns out to be more of the same kinds of places as West Side or a suburban mall, I won't bother with it. Not going to take time out of my vacation to shop at the same places that I can at home, no matter how much pretty water there is. I'll stick to the Marketplace.
    Agree!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Agree!
    While I agree with both of you, the 3 of us live in metropolitan areas. There are a lot of folks who do not have access to specialty shops where they live, so I can see many people shopping there.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty much a mall now... an outdoor mall, but a mall nonetheless... an Apple Store won't make it more of a mall...

What they are doing with Disney Springs just makes it look like a mall in the 21sst Century...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    It is pretty much a mall now... an outdoor mall, but a mall nonetheless... an Apple Store won't make it more of a mall...

What they are doing with Disney Springs just makes it look like a mall in the 21sst Century...
    But you also live in a major metropolitan area like me and probably have an Apple Store 5 minutes from your house (I know I do). I would say many more people do not have access to stores like that where they live, or if they do it is a bit of a drive and inconvenient to go there. Add into that the international visitors and there is a market for it.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I understand the reasoning. I know I'm not looking to spend the kind of cash I would spend at an Apple Store while on vacation.

I might spend that kind of cash BEFORE vacation, but not while I'm there.

I'm sure it's in the contract between Disney and Apple though, so whatever. I can't remember the last time I spent an "real" money at DTD. I'm positive it was at the Disney @ Home store, which is now Goofy's Candy Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    But you also live in a major metropolitan area like me and probably have an Apple Store 5 minutes from your house (I know I do). I would say many more people do not have access to stores like that where they live, or if they do it is a bit of a drive and inconvenient to go there. Add into that the international visitors and there is a market for it.
    Nope... No Apple Store by me... Maybe you would want to count NYC, but it takes at least 30 minutes, on a good day, to even get into the City by PATH train, and driving? Forget it... Takes 45 minutes just to get through the Holland Tunnel most times, then driving through the City, then finding parking... Not worth it...

The closest mall with an Apple Store by me, in NJ, if probably 30 to 45 minutes away, barring traffic which has been a huge headache for my area the last several weeks... The local mall and my town's local shopping districts do not have an Apple Store...

And I think I been saying what the end of your post says... An Apple Store in DTD would make sense for locals and vacationers who, as of now, have to drive out to Mall of Millenia... An Apple Store in Disney Springs keeps vacationers on property if they need an Apple Store for any reason, and would generate business from locals who don't want to drive out to Millenia...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: