Quantcast Flowers and Gardens - Part 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flowers and Gardens - Part 5

May 7, 2014 Wednesday
    Plan for the day
    Animal Kingdom for early morning extra magic hour
    Magic Kingdom in the afternoon
    Fastpass+ for Haunted Mansion; Winnie the Pooh and Pirates of the Caribbean
    Dinner reservation for Citrico's

How the day actually went
    We were up extra early this morning to get to the extra magic hour at Animal Kingdom. When we arrive at the bus stop, it is a Wow! moment - look at all the people waiting for an Animal Kingdom bus!! The line is so long at least two busses will be needed to clear it out. While waiting, we see just about all the other busses but no sight of even one Animal Kingdom bus.

Around 20 minutes to 8, a bus arrives, fills and leaves. Gene and I don't make it on that bus but bus 2 comes along right behind it. The good news is that we are now close enough to the front of the line to get a seat on the bus. It takes a bit of time to get through heavy traffic around the Polynesian. Still, we enter the park shortly after extra magic hour begins.

Before we were allowed in, our bands are scanned to be sure we are resort guests and then we are allowed into the park. We make our way to Expedition Everest which is totally a walk-on. I would have gone again but it has made Gene dizzy so one trip will be the extent of our ride this time around. The safari is just abut a walk-on. By time we get emerge, the park is now open. We make our way to Dinosaur which is still a walk-on. From there, we walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek. On our way to the Pangani Forest Trail, we walk by the Flights of Wonder arena which is about to begin so we take the detour.

I'm a bit disappointed with the Pangani Trail on this day. The only gorilla we see is a young one who has his back to us - no others are in sight at all.

Lunch is at Flame Tree Barbecue where we both have the pulled pork and share an order of onion rings.

We exit the park and locate the bus stop for the Magic Kingdom. It's a bit of a wait but we are finally deposited at the Magic Kingdom.

We go on It's a Small World which has a 20-25 minute standby time. When we exit, I believe it is time for our Haunted Mansion fastpass+. Oops! I'm an hour early!! We go to check out the standby time at Pirates but there is not a standby line as the ride is totally down. Instead, we attend the Country Bears followed by Hall of Presidents. By then, it is the right time for our Haunted Mansion fastpass+. We now discover the fastpasses are a total waste as there is absolutely no line at this point in time - it's totally a walkon!!

After attending Mickey's Philharmagic, we head over to Winnie the Pooh to use that fastpass+. We do not return to Pirates to see if it up and running and leave the park without using that fastpass+.

We take the boat home, shower and change and head back out to the boat dock. After 1/2 hour, we haven't gone anywhere. We had been standing in line for the Magic Kingdom boat but Gene decides we should take the one to the Contemporary so I get out of the Magic Kingdom boat line and head over to the Contemporary boat line. Where did Gene go? Oh - he's over there talking to the crew of the Magic Kingdom boat. He motions me to go over as he has now decided to take the Magic Kingdom boat. So, instead of being within the first dozen folks on, we are essentially the last ones on the boat. I am not a happy camper. We finally arrive at the Magic Kingdom. Gene had wanted to take the boat to the Grand Floridian but there is a really long line for that so he decides we should take the monorail. There is a monorail at the top of the ramp so Gene goes sprinting up the ramp leaving me to struggle along to catch up. He is literally preventing the monorail from leaving when I catch up to him and board. I am an unhappier camper!! Then we are faced with the two thin, young men taking up an entire monorail seat on which 6 people could easily have been seated. When I say "excuse me", they grudgingly move over a bit. Gene has to instruct them to move over before they move enough to allow both of us to sit down. In the meantime, I don't think the eyes of either one ever left the screens of their telephones. I calm a bit on the ride around and am on a more even keel by time I disembark.

Surprisingly, we have arrived in enough time to be able to listen to the Grand Floridian band for a little bit before we move over to Citrico's to check in. At Citrico's, we are promptly seated in a window table overlooking the Grand Floridian grounds and quiet pool.

For an appetizer, I had Arancini which looks a bit like a giant meatball made up of crispy risotto with Italian sausage with Mozzarella inside along with a tomato sauce. Gene had the cheese plate. For our entrees, we each selected the filet mignon along with a bottle of red wine. Dessert was a specialty coffee.

When the bill is paid and we are ready to leave the Grand Floridian, it is 9:45 p.m. Wishes is scheduled to start at 10:00 p.m. In that 15 minute time frame, we took a monorail to the Contemporary, made our way outside to the ground floor, checked in at Bay Lake Tower, got the elevator to the 16th floor and were approaching the viewing patio when the first firework went off!! From the prior evening, we knew the boat dock would be busy with the incoming pirate cruises so decided to stay for a drink before heading for a boat home. Gene went off the men's room and I remained at the table. For the entire time he was gone, I was totally ignored. One server stopped at three nearby tables and even chatted with the folks seated at one. She never acknowledged my existence. By time Gene returned, no-one had yet approached our table so we decided to leave.

We went to the boat dock and we were soon on a boat back to Wilderness Lodge where we headed to bed as we had another early wake-up call scheduled for the next day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You're nicer than me ... I think I would have gotten on the boat without Gene.

What a busy day!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I would have been very very unhappy. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

A good day! Glad you were able to see Wishes from Bay Lake Towers...it was one of your fastest times in getting somewhere!

Thanks for the report!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I was at AK and MK same times as you that day! Love the view at Contemporary for Wishes. We got to enjoy in Dec. with friends.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Holy busy day, Linda! Sounds fabulous. I love arancini!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe some people- those two guys taking up a whole monorail seat!! I would have been fuming! My DH and I jump up any time someone needs a seat...some people are so rude!! Cell phones have become the bane of society!!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to hear your transportation woes were remedied by the record-setting trip to the Contemporary!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

What full day you two had! I love the Grand Floridian band. I could sit there all afternoon listening to the band and people watching. Your dinner sounded fantasitic and then Top of the World again. Amazing!!!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is rude hogging the seat when they know people are needing a place to sit, some people have no manners.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

HA! Gene reminds me of..........me. My DW gets so mad at me when I do things like that, especially when I walk way out in front and then tell her to hurry up. She also gets embarrassed when I have long conversations with people.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: