Quantcast Ticket options for more than 10 days

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ticket options for more than 10 days

I am just doing some research in advance of a trip next year. Packaging thru the WDW website, whether I choose a 10 day trip or an 11day trip, the system only offers a 10 day ticket as the longest option. Is this because an annual pass would be cheaper in this circumstance?

How difficult is it to purchase an AP and then get it all linked into the whole MDE thing in order to coordinate plans, FP+, etc.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you have a resort reservation made for a Disney hotel, having an AP would be no different than having a regular 10-day ticket in terms of ease of managing the AP together with other people's FPs etc..

Your situation has a lot of variables that would determine whether an AP would be your best bet. A few questions that would aid in crunching the numbers are:

Are you doing any Water Parks? If so, how often?

Are you intending to visit one of the four "core" parks each of your 11 days?

Do you plan on purchasing the Park Hopper option even if you do not get an AP?

Instead of gaming out all of the possible combinations of answers I will wait until I know this information to post further, but my guess is that a 10-day pass would be far cheaper than buying an AP just to get "day 11". Even a quick ballpark of buying a 10-day Park Hopper AND a 1-day NON Hopper ticket is cheaper ($546.35) than a regular AP ($675.21)
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    As long as you have a resort reservation made for a Disney hotel, having an AP would be no different than having a regular 10-day ticket in terms of ease of managing the AP together with other people's FPs etc..

Your situation has a lot of variables that would determine whether an AP would be your best bet. A few questions that would aid in crunching the numbers are:

Are you doing any Water Parks? If so, how often?

Are you intending to visit one of the four "core" parks each of your 11 days?

Do you plan on purchasing the Park Hopper option even if you do not get an AP?

Instead of gaming out all of the possible combinations of answers I will wait until I know this information to post further, but my guess is that a 10-day pass would be far cheaper than buying an AP just to get "day 11". Even a quick ballpark of buying a 10-day Park Hopper AND a 1-day NON Hopper ticket is cheaper ($546.35) than a regular AP ($675.21)
    Probably no water parks. More than likely we would find ourselves in a park at least for a little while each day. Definitely getting park hopper regardless.

I looked up the current AP rates, and they were way more than adding an additional day. I was just confused on why the reservation system would not list 11 days as an option. Also, it looks like adding an 11th day (following the pattern of the per-day price going down with number of days) would only end up being another $10 or so (difference between 9 and 10).

We are also doing Universal, so not a big deal not to have the full "length of stay".
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

The reason it's not giving the option is because the longest ticket they have is the 10 day. You would need to purchase another ticket for the extra day(s). It use to be that if you were staying more than 10 days an AP would be they way to go. Now it's looking like 12 days is the break-even point.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    ...I was just confused on why the reservation system would not list 11 days as an option. Also, it looks like adding an 11th day (following the pattern of the per-day price going down with number of days) would only end up being another $10 or so (difference between 9 and 10).
    The reason there is no 11-day ticket listed is because there is no such thing (at least for US residents there is no such thing).

The only way to get a "day 11" ticket is to buy a 10-day pass AND ALSO a 1-day pass. Because of this, the "$10 more per extra day" pattern doesn't hold true after day 10, and buying a one-day ticket will cost you at least $100.11 more per adult ($93.72 per child).

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    ...We are also doing Universal, so not a big deal not to have the full "length of stay".
    If you are staying on site 11 days and going to Universal for one or more of those 11 days, you will likely decide to skip one day of WDW parks, doing so will save you over $100.00 per adult!

***all prices include tax

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your responses. I guess I just didn't realize there was a limit on how many days you could buy as one ticket. And since I have never before had the option of going for that long...
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

We always go for longer- usually 10-14 days. We always buy the waterpark fun & more option. It's not much more- actually visiting one water park on one day pretty much covers the cost. Then you can spend one morning mini-golfing, that afternoon at a water park and an evening at Disney Quest. You won't miss not being in a big park that day. With a 10day ticket you can 10 extra options, so it is well worth the money! And you can go back to another water park or back to Disney Quest later on if you want.

Have a wonderful trip!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

We do the same as HauntedMansionGirl, we go for 14 nights, buy 10 day tickets w/ the water park option. We don't go to the parks on arrival or departure days and then pick 3 days to be non-park days during our trip. On those days we go to the water park during the day and typically downtown disney in the evening. Those are some of our favorite days and since we already have ten full days in the parks, we don't feel like we are missing out at all.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

We had a 13-day trip once and spent our 11th full day visiting several resorts that we had not visited before. It was very fun and relaxing.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

BadBoyBill Guest

Another option if finances permit is to buy a 10 day PH ticket and a second 10 day PH ticket with Water Parks and more and add No Expiration to that ticket. That way you pay way less for your 11th. day and have 9 more for future use plus 10 "fun visits" to Water Parks, Mini Golf... That also never expire.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they got rid of the no expiration option...?

Edit: maybe it's just for purchases made online through their website? I'm seeing I constant news online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyBill View Post
    Another option if finances permit is to buy a 10 day PH ticket and a second 10 day PH ticket with Water Parks and more and add No Expiration to that ticket. That way you pay way less for your 11th. day and have 9 more for future use plus 10 "fun visits" to Water Parks, Mini Golf... That also never expire.
    While I have always wanted to buy up some 10-day Non-Expiring PH WP&M tickets in order to get some water park entries paid for and not have to get the WP&M option in the future (or even worse a Premium AP), the cost always scared me away.

Buying a 10 PH WP&M "No Expiration" pass will cost $830.70 with tax!

For the OP to buy both a 10-day PH with expiration and one without expiration would run $1,271.61 per adult!!

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    I think they got rid of the no expiration option...?
    You can't buy it online directly from Disney's website. You can still buy it from online ticket vendors such at the OTC, and you can also buy it in person at WDW, but they don't even put the no-expiration option on the sign or on the ticket literature anymore. I assume that this option will likely be axed in the coming years.

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

BadBoyBill Guest

You can still buy it but you can find it cheaper through licensed ticket brokers. It still saves you about $20 a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default >10

We get annoyed with that too. We like 13-16 days and end up with 2x 7 day hopper tickets with 1 having the "options". AP would have to be the Premium one to get the "options". There really is not anything for the US population that comes for a longer trip, or those who come every few years. Annual is out for us due to "options", we like the mini-golf, waterparks and disneyquest.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: