Quantcast Best location at CBR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best location at CBR?

I'm about to book the CBR for the first time and I am wondering what is the best location. Is it worth it paying extra for preferred or is there another location that is close to a bus stop and not too far from the food court? Jamaica, building 46, looks like it might be good. We spend a lot of time in the parks so close to a bus stop is important. However we are going to try to slow down this time and relax more, spending more down time at the park if possible.

I'm used to POR alligator bayou so how does that compare in size?
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read your post. Do you mean you are going to spend more down time at the resort?
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, lol, sorry about that. I was tired.

Yes We would like to spend more time at the resort! Especially in that awesome pool!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

CBR is our favorite resort; we've stayed there many times since the resort opened. By the way, POR (my first stay was when this resort was known as Dixie Landings) is also tops on my favorite list, especially Alligator Bayou.

CBR is larger than Alligator Bayou, and in spite of its size, you can always find a quiet place to relax.

Back to CBR, CBR is laid out in several island villages, Barbados, Martinique, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica and Aruba. After spending many vacations in Barbados and Martinique, we decided to switch to Aruba and Jamaica and have been very happy with our decision. We enjoy spending a lot of down time by relaxing at our resort, and CBR is a great resort to do that.

The resort is spread out around a lake. There is a jogging/walking trail around the lake and if you enjoy jogging or walking any time of the day, you'll enjoy it. The trail has sections which are wooden, and the views of the resort as you walk around the lake are beautiful, especially early in the morning when the sun is rising, as well as later after dark. There are areas along the trail when you can sit and relax. There are several beaches with hammocks. Unfortunately, you can't swim in the lake, but each island village has it's own quiet pool, in addition to the main theme pool located near Old Port Royale.

Also, Aruba and Jamaica are directly across the lake from Old Port Royale (food court/shops) and the main theme pool; if you want a shorter walk to Old Port Royale, you can walk across a bridge to the island, Parrot Cay and from Parrot Cay walk across a second bridge to Old Port Royale. Our most recent stays were in bldg. 55 in Aruba.

There are bus stops in each island village, as well as at Old Port Royale. We never had a problem with the buses and crowds.

I think CBR is the perfect resort if you want to spend some down time and relax.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Jamaica is my favorite location. It's a short walk to old port royale. I have never found it worth it to pay for a preferred room. I'd request Jamaica building 45 or 44. We were in 44 in sept, it was a little further from opr but right by the bus stop.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in Jamaica building and loved the location. It was close to busses and bridge for a short walk to OPR.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in Martinique Bldg. 25. We loved it there. Close to the main pool, food court and bus stop. There is also a quiet pool close by.

Be advised: Pirate themed rooms are cool, but they are in Trinidad North. The farthest away from everything else. We stayed there in Bldg. 37 a few years ago. That's a long walk to get to breakfast.

Love this resort though...
    Scallywag

August 2004 - POR
    May 2006 - POF (Honeymoon Trip)
    September 2006 - Royal Pacific (Universal Studios)
    April 2007 - POR
    July 2009 - CBR
    June 2013 - CBR
    June 2014 - POF

June 2016 - POLY
    June 2017 - AKL
    June 2018 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

We were wondering the same thing. We had to switch to get the free dining.

I guess I will have to look at a map to figure out where to request.

We have a standard room.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: