Quantcast Rider Switch and Fastpass Plus

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rider Switch and Fastpass Plus

How does the rider switch work with Fastpass plus? If my older child rides with DH can the same child come back and ride with me? This should only be an issue on a few rides but on Tower of Terror and Rock and Roller Coaster only my older son will ride. That will leave my DH or I left to ride alone. Can we use a FastPass Plus from one of our younger children that won't ride?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can use anyones FP+ just by swiping their band.

Rider switch is good for I think up to 4 people. You enter FP and get a pass that you can return with. I believe you return back through the FP line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Yes, you can use anyones FP+ just by swiping their band.

Rider switch is good for I think up to 4 people. You enter FP and get a pass that you can return with. I believe you return back through the FP line.
    Not to be a stickler.... but is using someone else's band to use their FP actually "allowed"?

I get that it's basically the same as just taking someone else's fast pass, or taking their slot, so thee is no "loss" to Disney.

But if "Steve" is using "Lucy's" fast pass, and Disney sees that the fast pass is assigned to "Lucy", couldn't a cast member technically say "no"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    Not to be a stickler.... but is using someone else's band to use their FP actually "allowed"?

I get that it's basically the same as just taking someone else's fast pass, or taking their slot, so thee is no "loss" to Disney.

But if "Steve" is using "Lucy's" fast pass, and Disney sees that the fast pass is assigned to "Lucy", couldn't a cast member technically say "no"?
    This is what I was concerned about. I thought it would be a more considerate option rather that using the rider switch to get more rides. It's just not fun to ride alone.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

So far there has been no change to the use of the rider switch pass. If someone in your party is not riding (not tall enough, afraid, whatever) just go to the ride entrance and ask for a rider switch pass. The pass (paper) is good for three guests when it is presented later at the FP+ entrance, so someone can ride twice even if they do not have a FP+.

If you are not using FP+ for the attraction, then the first members of your group wait in the standby line and go on the ride. The second group (up to three) uses the rider switch to go through the FP queue.

As for a FP+ swap (either wristband or card) most CMs will not say anything. Most attractions do not yet have a policy on this, so it is up to the CMs at the entrance. If it were me, I wouldn't care if a wristband was on the wrong person's wrist. The FP+ space has been reserved and it shouldn't matter who is using that slot.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    So far there has been no change to the use of the rider switch pass. If someone in your party is not riding (not tall enough, afraid, whatever) just go to the ride entrance and ask for a rider switch pass. The pass (paper) is good for three guests when it is presented later at the FP+ entrance, so someone can ride twice even if they do not have a FP+.

If you are not using FP+ for the attraction, then the first members of your group wait in the standby line and go on the ride. The second group (up to three) uses the rider switch to go through the FP queue.

As for a FP+ swap (either wristband or card) most CMs will not say anything. Most attractions do not yet have a policy on this, so it is up to the CMs at the entrance. If it were me, I wouldn't care if a wristband was on the wrong person's wrist. The FP+ space has been reserved and it shouldn't matter who is using that slot.

Agreed.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if someone, sonewhere, sometime, bumped into a CM that said no.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get a rider switch pass if a kid is tall enough but won't ride the ride?
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Can you get a rider switch pass if a kid is tall enough but won't ride the ride?
    It depends on the CMs at the time. There is no written policy on this. Generally, the pass is intended for parents who have to wait behind with a child that is not tall enough to ride. But it is officially called a "rider switch", not "child switch". I will issue the pass when any family member cannot ride and cannot be left alone. This includes seniors.

It doesn't hurt to ask.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in January. We used the rider switch in addition to the fast pass. We also had kids who were tall enough to ride but were not yet brave enough, and we had no problem at all with rider switch. They even gave us a pass for three additional people, plus the person sitting off with each kid. We had a big group and there were sometimes three kids that wouldn't ride. They gave us three rider switch passes.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: