Quantcast Best moderate to spend our time (with little boys)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best moderate to spend our time (with little boys)

We usually stay at POR every year because we bring our MIL, but this year she isn't coming so I would love to try another moderate. I have 10 year old twin boys and I'm thinking they would love the pirate pool at CBR.

We always spend all of our time at the parks, and going to our dining ressies and are always wore out. Since my son had a seizure on our last trip the drs. told me not to let him get too fatigued. He also has mild cerebral palsy, but is very active, but always rides in a stroller at the park.

I would like to take more time to slow down this year, sleep in, spend more time swimming and napping, and taking it easy for his sake.

We will also have ADRs every day if they provide free dining this fall and I will be planning better times for those.

I also want to have a room close to the bus stop and everything. I know POFQ would be the most practical but I really want to get away from PO.

Can you give me some advice for slowing down and tell me if you think CBR would be the best for us?

Thanks!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At CBR, get a preferred room. It is a large resort. Preferred rooms are near food court and main pool. CBR has pirate pool area that is quite nice and fun for kids. CBR is an Epcot resort. It is a large resort, which is why you want a preferred room. All parks will have a bus ride. Some people do complain about bus service. The food court is good. There is a table service restaurant. CBR does not have queen beds. There is a marina and bike rental.

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed there in september. My 10 year old nephew loved it! I would also recommend a preferred room. Don't let them talk you into a pirate room, those are pretty far from the main building (food court / pool). I think your boys would really like the pool. It's also fun for adults. I thought bus service was great. Food court was typical, some good some bad. I really liked the sandwich counter.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

My boys (and two of my nephews) loved CBR. It's by far our favorite moderate, and the only mod my kids have repeatedly asked to return to. We love the tropical feel, the many beaches, and hammocks. We also really like the food court. The main pool area has been one of my kids' favorites. Plus each section has its own quiet pool (much like POR).

The pirate rooms would be super cool for 10 year old boys, but those rooms are pretty far out from the main pool and food area, and it's a large resort. The location of the pirate rooms never bothered us, but if you are worried about fatigue with your son you may want to avoid being so far out. The preferred rooms are great for being close to everything. We did a preferred room once for my mother who has knee problems. While we missed the pirate rooms on that trip I must say the location was super convenient compared to the pirate rooms. All rooms are close to a bus stop, as each section has its own stop.

I think your family would love CBR.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'm ready to try something new. I can just see myself in one of the hammocks while the boys play in the sand. The only thing is that I've been waiting and waiting for them to put queen beds in there!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    Thanks! I'm ready to try something new. I can just see myself in one of the hammocks while the boys play in the sand. The only thing is that I've been waiting and waiting for them to put queen beds in there!
    When are you planning to go?

Rumor has it a refurb of the rooms at CBR starts this month. One of the things I have read is that the rooms will be getting queen beds, and there were even some test room photos about a year ago that showed what appeared to be the same fold down bed as what is at Riverside. These photos were taken by a guest staying at the resort who just so happened to pass by the room and the door was partially open. No official word on if this test room will be the final product, but one can hope!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. We're staying at CBR in July. Didn't know about the refurb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Hmmm. We're staying at CBR in July. Didn't know about the refurb.
    Mel,
    From what I have read permits have been filed, but phone CMs seem to know nothing about a refurb there.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that because i wanted to stay there last year and nothing ever happened. We are planning on going in September.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    I remember that because i wanted to stay there last year and nothing ever happened. We are planning on going in September.
    I don't really know anything about how permits work, but it is said the permits state work on refurbing the rooms will be done from April 2014 - May 2015. That seems realistic given the size of the resort, and I think Port Orleans took about a year for all rooms to be done. I guess we'll find out if this "rumor" is true soon enough.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Let me know if you hear more!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I wasn't a big fan of CBR when we were there, mainly because I think I missed POR - but I do think it is the right choice for you! My husband loved the hammocks (be aware there aren't many and that beach is tiny - but no-one else ever seemed to be interested) and what I DID love was the pool area. At POR it feels kind of "off to the side" but at CBR it is right THERE near the food court and such. One golden night we took a dip in the pool, and then sat sipping a margarita while the kids watched Tangled on the big outdoor screen...very nice :-) My daughter also said she enjoyed strolling around the grounds - a couple of neat areas in the middle, apparently. I've never been to Coronado, so I can't really judge, but I've never seen anything about it that really appeals to me.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds so nice!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing I remember about CBR - DS loved to find the little lizards when he was that age, and CBR seemed to have an overabundance of them!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: