Quantcast Well we did it

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Well we did it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well we did it

After years of dreaming about going to Nights of Joy my wife and I finally decided to do it. Granted our kids have decided to disown us even though we were just at Disney World in December with them and my wife and I haven't had a weekend away let alone a vacation without our kids in 15 years when our oldest was a baby. Plus the line up this year is the best it has ever been and it is seriously all our favorite Christian artists. I justified it by saying if we could pay this much and go see all 16 of these artists/bands we'd do it but the fact that it's at Disney World is just an extra bonus. Now I just hope a better discount comes out so we can tack on a few extra days to the trip. I think my wife has already added Dole Whip breaks to our calendar.....at both the Polynesian and MK.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on taking that big step of leaving the kids behind and having a lovely couples trip! I know you will have a fabulous time - and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can tack on a few extra days!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome. Good for you! I hope you have an amazing time.

I keep thinking the day will come when I am OK to take a trip to WDW just DH and I, but so far I haven't been able to leave the kids. My oldest would probably "survive" , but my youngest would be so heart broken I don't know that I could actually enjoy the trip. Maybe one day......
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

At first we couldn't fathom not taking the kids but our 10 yr old is in that annoying phase so that helped sway us. We had some major fits thrown by him though when he guessed that's where we were going when we were describing the concerts and our 15 yr old is jealous of our dining choices and our 13 yr old says just bring him back something and promise we won't eat at Le Cellier without him but our daughter is trying to get a new puppy via some guilting. My first trip was was after we got married and pre-kids and I remember my wife talking up the castle so much and she had been as a kid and travel agent but then when we arrived during the 25th anniversary and it was "the cake" she thought I'd never go back. But we will take them back in 2 years for our oldest's graduation but that one will be kinda bittersweet.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, 1Goofy - I think I know your wife! Seriously! If not, your trip schedule and family composition is freakishly coincidental....I'll just say July 98? If I'm right - too funny!

Post Thanks / Like

mom2morgan - why yes you sure do know my wife then

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1goofyfamily View Post
    mom2morgan - why yes you sure do know my wife then
    LOL... The internet is a much smaller place than one might think ;-). Glad you guys are doing this trip... You'll have such a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1goofyfamily View Post
    At first we couldn't fathom not taking the kids but our 10 yr old is in that annoying phase so that helped sway us. We had some major fits thrown by him though when he guessed that's where we were going when we were describing the concerts and our 15 yr old is jealous of our dining choices and our 13 yr old says just bring him back something and promise we won't eat at Le Cellier without him but our daughter is trying to get a new puppy via some guilting. My first trip was was after we got married and pre-kids and I remember my wife talking up the castle so much and she had been as a kid and travel agent but then when we arrived during the 25th anniversary and it was "the cake" she thought I'd never go back. But we will take them back in 2 years for our oldest's graduation but that one will be kinda bittersweet.
    Oh the cake castle. That was my first trip too! I hated it!

I tend to forget that DH and I actually did do Disney without our kids....twice.....before we had them. LOL. But that seems so long ago now, and we weren't the "pros" we are now! Can't wait to take the plunge and go just the two of us one day. Enjoy your trip!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: