Quantcast Once Upon a Time - Season 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Once Upon a Time - Season 3

I was wondering if anyone here watches Once Upon a Time. We watched the first two seasons on DVD after they were done airing. We really enjoyed the first season and found season 2 somewhat enjoyable but we weren't sure based on the way season 2 ended if it was worth watching.

I don't want spoilers but would like to know what others think about season 3 and if it is still good and worth watching.

I saw they cancelled the spinoff of once upon a time in wonderland so I don't think we'll watch that.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't heard they canceled Wonderland. I thought it was doing well in the ratings. Interesting.

As for season 3 of OUAT, I have the last two sitting in my DVR to watch. I have only watched the spring premiere, or whatever they call it. Tonight's episode will also go on my DVR and wait until I have time to watch. In other words, I do still watch, but it's last on my priority list now. 😕

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I think its worth watching....there is a new village villan The Wicked Witch so that keeps things fresh...the whole Regina/Evil Queen thing was getting a bit old.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we're still watching in our house too! DD LOVES it, and I'm still enjoying it. I'm waiting to see how things will play out a bit, but the writers have sure expanded their world, lots to work with this season.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Still watching and still loving. Though like Mel said its kind of fallen to the bottom of my priority list when it comes to my shows. But honestly all of my shows except walking dead has done that. I used to watch all my dvr'd shows within a couple of hours of recording. Now it's sporadic through the week. When ever I get a chance to watch I do...but I'm really liking the turns they've made...I think it's spruced things up quite a bit!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

We love it and adding the wicked witch and flying monkeys and adding several new characters makes it more enjoyable. I wondered how they would continue after last year but man have they come up with to keep it fresh. Its not my first show to watch but its far from my last show.
    We love it in our house. I am amazed at all the twists and turns they keep coming up with

Post Thanks / Like

I still love it but like any show some episodes are stronger than others. Season 3 is broken into two halves each with a separate villain.

The first 1/2 season was a little slow in parts for me but it builds nicely and develops the story in new ways. The second half which premiered two weeks ago is excellent.

As far as Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I didn't really enjoy the it as first but is was on my DVR and one day when I had nothing better to do I watched a few episodes. The problem with the spinoff was that Alice didn't really become likable until further into the series and they had probably lost viewers. Recently it has been very good. If the story line interests you, you might still watch it. Even though it has been cancelled ,it was written as a 1 season story so it should hopefully tie up the main story in the last episode.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I fell in love with the characters in OUAT, but I find the current season confusing. Still trying to follow, though.

I agree with AgentC that Alice in OUATIW wasn't a likeable character. In fact, I didn't like any of the characters in the spinoff, and never watched after the first episode. The accents and affectations totally put me off. It was stilted, artificial, boring, weird!

Post Thanks / Like

I really am enjoying the Wonderland shows and am disappointed it was cancelled. I think both series are fun and am looking forward to the show tonight.

The characters in those shows and StoryBrook and the castle and Wonderland might have been a more fun addition at AK instead of Avatar.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

We still watch, but as others have stated, it's not must-see TV for us anymore. We are an episode behind and after tonight it will be 2. I kind of watch now just because I have to. Every once in a while there's a really good episode that pulls us back in, which is why we still watch. I've been teetering on the edge of giving it up a few times. My verdict is out on the Wicked Witch storyline, but like I said, we didn't see last week's... I just feel like it's getting way too convoluted for me.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for all the helpful responses. It sounds like it is still worth watching for a Disney fan and I will still keep it on our list - was mostly curious since I hadn't heard much buzz around it lately.

And after the responses I may at the Wonderland spinoff as well knowing that it was written as a one season story is helpful.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

I still watch. Granted some episodes and storylines are weak but others are strong enough to keep me interested. DD and I can always find something critical to say of David/Charming. It is one of the bonds between us.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

So we got all caught up and watched the finale last night. It was definitely a season of ups and downs, but overall I thought the finale was pretty good. I have to say I loved Emma and Hook back in the fairy tale world and the Back to the Future elements. Of course we all had to know that the woman she was bringing back would have unforeseen consequences, but I have to admit the reveal that it was Marian after Regina and Robin Hood had just been making out and walking hand in hand with his son was quite surprising to say the least. I read a review that said it was a jump-the-shark moment since they spent the whole season redeeming Regina and proving she could love again, but really, I don't particularly feel sorry for her. After all, it sure looks like she was going to be the one to KILL Marian. Killing a woman and then ending up with a life of happiness with her husband and son? Not so sure about that one...

And then we had the "cliffhanger" ending with the appearance of Elsa. REALLY?!?! OK, I don't really mind them working in the new characters, it's to be expected. But the way in which it was done was very strange and just felt tacked on. She was liquified and stored in an urn that Rumpelstiltskin had in his dark magic vault, that accidentally got sucked into the portal with Hook and Emma?
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew Marian was in the final episode so I was pretty sure what was going to happen but I was okay with it. I agree that either way it would have been bad. If they hadn't brought her forward we would have been waiting do Robin to find out Regina killed her.

Other than that I loved loved loved Emma and Hook. But I think as I've mentioned before I'll follow a cute reformed bad boy just about anywhere. The kiss was total payoff for me.

Other thoughts- it was nice to see the old Charming / Snow interplay. I hope that continues next season.

Rumple /Belle- I don't know what to say other than a relationship based on dishonesty is in trouble no matter what how true the love is.

Prince Neal- So is Snow going to be going on adventure next season wearing a baby sling? Or maybe Henry gets permanent baby sitting duty.

I have no idea how they are going to work in the Elsa story next year. I actually wonder a bit if they know. I was okay with the ending because it was something I did not expect and I like it when a show manages to surprise me.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't read another about the finale and so I really had no idea who the prisoner was. I did see a blurb about "Can Regina every truly be happy?" But I was surprised it came to such a heavy handed ending.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

It keeps me on my toes, wasn't as predictable to me as it has been before so I was pleasantly surprised with the Elsa ending.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really disappointed that Regina got her heart crushed. I might be the only one, but I really liked and enjoyed her this season by being the nice villain (villain to the right circumstance, ie the wicked witch). I really wish they hadn't brought in Marian.

As far as the Elsa thing.....I don't get the frozen phenomenon...I just don't get it at all. I would have rather seen one of the ten million other characters they haven't even grazed on yet than seen Elsa....
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the finale! Every week I am amazed at how they are working in characters. And I love the Hook & Emma combo! It is still in my top 3 shows and I'm already excited for next season.

I want to see how it will all work out with Elsa and if she is a good or bad character!!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the 3rd season on DVD and finished it last night. I liked it a lot.
    I will admit that I didn't watch it when it came out. I tried it and didn't like it.
    But last year I lost my job and had a lot of time at night to watch Netflix and my brother and sister in law, and lots of friends loved it. They were all shocked I didn't watch it.
    So I started watching it and fell in love with the show.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

It and The Walking Dead are the only two shows that DH and I watch religiously anymore. We even named our kittens Snow and Charming. That said, I was glad when the Wicked Witch storyline ended, although a bit confused (wasn't she on a mission?!?). We will be watching when it returns for season 4.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: