Quantcast GF or Boardwalk?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default GF or Boardwalk?

We usually stay at the GF and always enjoy it. DD and DW would like to try the Boardwalk. Any ideas from friends who have stayed at both. Room sizes, busses,how quiet is the Boardwalk?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't stayed at GF so I can't comment on comparing the resorts other than commenting on our experiences at BW. We have had rooms right on the Boardwalk and never have had any issues with noise. Waking up and enjoying the sunrise to the sight of Crescent Lake in the morning is one of my favourite things to do. Staying in a standard view room is very quiet since you are in a part of the resort that is not near the hustle of the lobby or the Boardwalk.

We LOVE the BW area hence the reason we are DVC members at BWV. Just wanted to mention the one huge plus of the area is the fact you can walk to both Epcot and DHS.

Buses have never been an issue though you do share them with the other resorts around Crescent Lake. There is no bus service to either Epcot or DHS, but there is launch on the Friendship boats that takes you to both resorts.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I have never stayed at gf but we love the boardwalk.

I second everything Brian mentioned. We never feel that the boardwalk is too noisy for us. While not knowing much about gf, I can say it will more than likely be completely two different experiences. DBF and I love the boardwalk so much that every year when it's reservation time we hem and haw about trying other resorts and then can never seem to pull ourselves away.

I find it hard to explain but I feel a certain way when I walk into the boardwalk, it's more than just the "we are home" feeling, I just can't quite put my finger on it.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we did a couple of days at the Swan and then the rest at the GF. The Swan was right next to the Boardwalk and we enjoyed it so much that we are doing the split stay again this year split evenly between BC then GF. Staying in the Boardwalk area allowed us to focus on a part of WDW that normally was second priority to the MK area. We found the boat transportation to be every efficient and relaxing. Walking to the parks was also an option. As the kids get older (DD12, DS8) they are less interested in MK and more so in EP, HS etc. When we switched to the GF we would then focus on the MK area so we never really took a bus anywhere (car to AK & TL).
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at both. To me the main difference is that GF feels more like it's own little world and has a relaxed feel. I know you can walk to the Poly but it is still really self contained while Boardwalk is in the middle of everything and has a more vibrant feel.

We had a garden view room at BWI and I think it was just as quiet as our room at GF. The rooms at GF are a little bigger and a little fancier but not enough to bother me (though I really like the foor cream you get at the GF and the turn down chocolates. )

I really really like the Epcot resort area. Being able to walk to Epcot is an incredible plus for me.

I think it is always nice to try something new.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. We will choose one of them later in the month. There will be 5 of us and one is our DGD who will be 2 1\2 when we visit. She loved the GF pool and monorail had her interest. She probably doesn't remember last year and moving around the parks with all her stuff is a mail concern. Thanks again and we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

They are both wonderful, we stayed in the inn side of the board walk and often used the quiet pool and it was really quiet and lovely. The thing I love about staying in bw/bc/yc is that you basically have a great place to be at the end of the evening, lots to do on the boardwalk, you can hang out in epcot, see the fireworks and basically walk home. Once you are back at other resorts, you are back,, not much bopping around other then the hotel, but that being said, the gf offers a lot at the resort itself I'm sure.
    Howard Johnsons 1982,Guest Quarters 1989,Guest Quarters 1990,YC 1995,BC 1997, BC 1999, BC 2002, BC 2005 May, Sept., BC 2006 Oct, BC 2007 May, BWI 2008 May, YC 2009 April, YC 2010 December Honeymoon, YC 2016 April, BCV 2017 January, BC 2018 May, BC CL 2019 March

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: