Quantcast Fastpass for Offsite Guests?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpass for Offsite Guests?

Hello

We are annual Disney visitors....but we stay offsite at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. I have to say that I am totally confused about the new fastpass system and what it means for offsite visitors. Will we be able to get fastpasses at all? Since going back to teaching full time in December of 2011 I just cannot keep up with all of this! Thanks for any help!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently, for off site guests, the new fastpass+ system is only available on the day you arrive at the park. There are kiosks set up around the park and you can make up to 3 fastpass+ reservations for the day - all for one park.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Question - when making your FP selections, can you choose your times or only the attractions?
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrte62 View Post
    Question - when making your FP selections, can you choose your times or only the attractions?
    You choose the three attractions that you want and if times are available it gives you a, b, or c on a group of times and you pick what works best for you. Then you should be able to go back in if you need to tweek it more and only if there are more times available.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there at the Dolphin. Overall, we found the FP+ system to work well for us. We got to parks early, spent the mid day at pool, and used FP in the evening. However, it was not a very busy week. I CANT IMAGINE how difficult it will be to line up to get to a kiosk to make selections before you start your day at Spring Break or Christmas.

If you are offsite, there are a few things to keep in mind - you won't be able to use the My Disney Experience App to make adjustments to your FP selections. At least that was our experience - I could see my reservations once made, but could not modify. So, you will need to visit a kiosk everytime you need to make a reservation/change.

Also, if you are park hoppers like us, you will need to physically go to the park you need the FP at to get them. In other words, if you want to go to DHS in the evening and get a FP for Toy Story, you need to go there in the AM for your PM passes and hope there are some left (after all disney hotel guests have reserved).

In all fairness, there are a few things that Disney could do that would improve the experience of off site guests. One, enable use of making FP reservations the day of on the mobile app. At this time, if you can't link to a Disney hotel ressie, you can't complete FP reservations from app. This would also address my second issue which is that we like to park hop. At this point you have to physically go to a park to make FP selections. So, if you have dinner at DHS and want to ride Rockin that night, you have to get there in the AM to try to get FPasses.

Again, we were not there on a peak week (week before President's) and our main selections were already unavailable in the afternoon. Who needs a fast pass for Maelstrom, Figment, and Nemo?! We did find that with some persistence the CM gave us a special FP at Epcot because Soarin and TT were already gone. I don't know how they will handle this at peak times.

Lastly, the CMs working the kiosks were all very friendly, but often did not know how/why things weren't working -- we talked to at least 10 before we came across one that could tell us that we wouldn't be able to use our mobile apps as an offsite guest. (They all TRIED to help me use the app!) Everything I had read online had indicated we could.

We are seasoned Disney folks, and have stayed off site and on many times. As I said, we were able to figure things out, but I would not have had the knowledge or expertise to do this my first time out. I feel sorry for first time visitors staying off site this Spring Break.... Hopefully, they can make some adjustments by then.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! We are going the week after Easter (arriving on Easter), so I am thinking this may be the year to do Discovery Cove/Sea World or Universal. I don't know if I can NOT do Disney, but it sounds like it will be a nightmare to get on rides. I'll have to look at the crowd calendar and see what the crowds will be like and then make a decision.

Did anyone go who stayed offsite this week (President's Week and northeast school vacation week)? What was your experience?
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: