Quantcast Episode 60 - The Trash Can Said Talk To My Agent - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Take It or Leave It - Queue Waits Longer Than 30 Minutes

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take It

8 26.67%
  • Leave It

22 73.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed this podcast - Shane Gamble was great and lots of good conversation!

I'm bummed about the Jammin' Jungle Parade - one of my favorite parades ever (after Main Street Electrical so yes I like the nighttime parades and Tapestry). I am with y'all on it being weird that they still have all of the families on the floats. I believe it started during one of the promotions when they would give away random things or have guests of honor each day and apparently a prize was to be in the jammin' jungle parade, wear earplugs and wave. Not sure why they didn't change that part when they got ride of those promotions.... But the character floats, puppets and music was outstanding! Too bad they are not replacing it with anything yet.

I also enjoyed the segment about the much needed attractions at Epcot and specifically in World Showcase. I've never understood why the only two countries with a ride are right next to each other.

And one of the most disappointing things to me about Epcot is the closing without replacing - I think Wonders of Life closed when crowds were down in early 2000s and now that crowds are definitely back they've done nothing to fill this void. I miss Cranium Command and really don't think Epcot has much to offer in the way of attractions. The atmosphere of the park is still great especially during the festivals but it could be so much more!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneykidsince1970 View Post
    I am in the middle of reading Marty Sklar's book and he regularly refers to the fact that Walt (and team) wanted to ensure that NEW attractions and NEW experiences would be routinely mixed in to Disneyland. I am a nostalgic person so I sometimes struggle with the changes... but, I usually come around.
    I like this!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Behind in the podcasts as usual, but enjoyed listening to this one. Always like Epcot discussions. Like others, Epcot became my favorite park after my first visit in 1985.

As far as the discussion about Disneyland. Most Disneyland regulars I know, absolutely want the Main Street Electrical parade back at Disneyland where it belongs.

While Disneyland regulars look forward to change, and new things, there is a strong love for things that have become traditions, which the MSEP falls into. Most I know would love to have a night parade back.

Another example is the rumors for major Tomorrowland changes ... It seems most are split on the idea of possibly loosing Autopia, to make more room in Tomorrowland. There has been nothing official I know that that would even happen. Overall, most embrace change with a few exceptions.

For bringing back night parades, reports are that Disneyland officials are concerned that the crowds are too hard to handle between fireworks, Fantasmic, and the night parades. Many annual passholders feel Disney brought this problem on themselves by promoting annual passes so heavily, and allowing people to purchase them now using a payment plan. They still want night parades and feel Disneyland should figure out the crowd issues.

Disneyland certainly knows how to do a good fireworks show. The flying system used for Tinkerbell was designed to make her fly the way it appeared in the Wonderful World of Disney over the castle with the fireworks shooting up behind her. Instead of the old zip line fly-by. Even though they have been doing this for many years, I never get tired of watching the speed, and maneuverability of that flying system.

The Remember Dreams Come True show that was discussed was created for the 50th Anniversary. The show goes through the different attractions in the park, it was considered by many, one of the best fireworks shows Disney has done. It now runs certain times of the year, and has been scaled back a bit from the original version of the show. The show was so good that Disney kind of set the bar too high, and some feel other shows are a little lackluster in comparison.

Remember, is my favorite, and I think the next best show is the one for Halloween, but now only runs as part of the ticketed Halloween event.

The changes to CA Adventure with Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, and the other attractions they added was so successful I'm sure Disney believes it was the best billion dollars they ever spent. CA Adventure is now equally as popular as Disneyland, something that they couldn't get to happen for the first 10+ years that it was open. I think it helped Disney see that people know when a park is built on the cheap.

The more tourist feel in Orlando, makes it harder to get the negative feedback that the LA area gives to Disney when the don't like something. Hopefully the success of CA Adventure will carry over to not only other improvements in Disneyland, but WDW as well.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: