Quantcast Tiering at Epcot gone?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tiering at Epcot gone?

Huge rumors/confirmed rumors that the tiering at Epcot is gone, or there is a workaround.

After you pick your days FP+, you can go back in and change the two "lower tier" choices to "top tier" choices.

Haven't been able to try it myself, but its been confirmed elsewhere.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    Huge rumors/confirmed rumors that the tiering at Epcot is gone, or there is a workaround.

After you pick your days FP+, you can go back in and change the two "lower tier" choices to "top tier" choices.

Haven't been able to try it myself, but its been confirmed elsewhere.
    I saw this also. Wonder if it is a glitch in the new systme or it is a part of the test to allow you to get more than three also but only after you have used your 3 and if there is more left in the park while you are there.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I read this elsewhere too and was wondering if it is a loophole that Disney will soon close up.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjmdds View Post
    I read this elsewhere too and was wondering if it is a loophole that Disney will soon close up.
    My guess is a loophole, but hopefully Disney will "honor" those who have made their choices.

So, quick! Everyone hustle!

Post Thanks / Like

I had this happen today for DHS while working on FP+ for a client. I thought it was a fluke but the two tier one choices still show up.
    Proud DVC owner

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in 3 weeks. I just went in and exchanged Turtle Talk with Test Track at Epcot and Star Tours with RRC at the Studios. I cant see how they couldn't honor it. It went through with no problem at all.
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

Worked for me today! I changed Epcot and DHS FP+ selections for our March trip today and was able to switch one of my Tier 2 attractions to Tier 1 on three different days. So mow on my Epcot days I have Test Track, Soarin' and Mission Space, and for DHS I have Toy Story, Rock 'n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, they are not chaning the tiers... This is not a rumor, nor any kind of new testing, or removing of the tiers... When they did patch work last night (the other night), the updates created an error in the system, some glitches...

It should now be fixed and back to the tiers again... So, sorry, nothing to see here or get excited about...

As for those who took advantage of the glitch, I doubt they will make you change anything, and will probably honor the FP choices... Just keep an eye out for any changes to your selections... But this is their error, so I would assume you are safe...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floridamom View Post
    Worked for me today! I changed Epcot and DHS FP+ selections for our March trip today and was able to switch one of my Tier 2 attractions to Tier 1 on three different days. So mow on my Epcot days I have Test Track, Soarin' and Mission Space, and for DHS I have Toy Story, Rock 'n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror.
    Same here.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Sorry, they are not chaning the tiers... This is not a rumor, nor any kind of new testing, or removing of the tiers... When they did patch work last night (the other night), the updates created an error in the system, some glitches...

It should now be fixed and back to the tiers again... So, sorry, nothing to see here or get excited about...

It's definitely something to get excited about if you were able to change your FP+ choices!

Yes, they likely only made a mistake... But at least it was a mistake in OUR favor.

Post Thanks / Like

Day late and $1 short,

Post Thanks / Like

Get it free while you can. (apparently been closed off for now).

But in the future, WDW will allow this . . . for a fee. Just wait and see. I think there will be (if not already) many, many guests that will be willing to pay for extra FPs, in spite of the fact that they used to be free. There's just too much potential revenue there for WDW to ignore it for very long.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Get it free while you can. (apparently been closed off for now).

But in the future, WDW will allow this . . . for a fee. Just wait and see. I think there will be (if not already) many, many guests that will be willing to pay for extra FPs, in spite of the fact that they used to be free. There's just too much potential revenue there for WDW to ignore it for very long.
    I've been saying this from day 1. Universals done it for years
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I will be absolutely shocked if there isn't some sort of "pay for play" system or bonus fastpasses given to deluxe resort guests or something like that within the next few years.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that there is huge economic potential for "pay to play" by allowing people to buy more FP+.

My question is: why didn't they do it with the old system? They easily could have sold an unlimited fast pass, allowed people to pay extra to get new FP immediately, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    I agree that there is huge economic potential for "pay to play" by allowing people to buy more FP+.

My question is: why didn't they do it with the old system? They easily could have sold an unlimited fast pass, allowed people to pay extra to get new FP immediately, etc
    Because there would have been less acceptance of it and it takes awhile to wean customers. Since everyone from Six Flags to Universal is now doing some version of it, it's ingrained, and eventually guests might be less likely to object if they still get 3 "free" FPs.

So far, though, the only inkling of a pay to play FP+ has been speculation, not really even rumor.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    I've been saying this from day 1. Universals done it for years
    Exactly why we've never been to Universal. Those with money go fast.Those with less wait in line and watch those with cash whisk by. No thanks. And no thanks if Disney ever does that.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Exactly why we've never been to Universal. Those with money go fast.Those with less wait in line and watch those with cash whisk by. No thanks. And no thanks if Disney ever does that.
    But most folks with less than you and I can't afford to go to WDW (or Universal) in the first place. They get to "watch" the rest of us go to theme parks and wish they could. To them, we are the ones with cash enjoying the high life. There's always someone higher up, and someone else lower down, on the totem pole of life.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Two summers ago, we went to Universal and didn't buy the FastPass option. It was hot and the lines were long. Because of this we skipped some of the attractions. When planning our trip last summer, I budgeted for purchasing the FastPass option, and we were able to ride everything. For us, it was worth the cost. Do I like having to pay extra in order to ride everything? No. But, I did it because we really did want to ride the things we missed on our previous trip. Also, I really like the fact that Universal lets you purchase this option, but doesn't dictate what times you have to ride each ride. It was nice not having to keep track of time windows.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    But most folks with less than you and I can't afford to go to WDW (or Universal) in the first place. They get to "watch" the rest of us go to theme parks and wish they could. To them, we are the ones with cash enjoying the high life. There's always someone higher up, and someone else lower down, on the totem pole of life.
    That's true. But in a Disney Park, we're all treated equal. Sure, there's the tiered hotel system. In a park, though, whether you stay at the GF or the Super 8 in Kissimee, everyone has the same shot at a fastpass whether you get 1 a day or 7 a day. At least that's how it used to be.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: