Quantcast ADR $10 deposit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: ADR $10 deposit

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ADR $10 deposit

Is the $10 per person deposit for all ADRs or just certain ones? Also,what if you make your ADRs the decide that you would like to change the venue....for example you book crystal palace 180 days out then later decide you want Garden Grill? Do you just transfer deposit to the new choice? Surely you can change your plans between 180 days and your trip....is there a cut off date where you can no longer make changes?
    While I sort of agree with the concept of a deposit, it sure takes flexibility away if it applies to all restaurants.
    Is there somewhere all this info is posted? My 180 mark is in 3 days.....
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe you have up to 11:59 pm on day before your ressie. There is a post on here somewhere. I will have to find it. I will bump it up.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe it's a deposit. It's a charge that is made if you don't show for your reservation or cancel later than the allowed cancellation time.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I don't believe it's a deposit. It's a charge that is made if you don't show for your reservation or cancel later than the allowed cancellation time.
    Ok, good. That makes more sense. I had read somewhere that it was $10 per person deposit. I thought that seemed excessive. So basically, I make reservation, change if I wish. Only get charged the $10 if we "no show".

Actually, this is a good idea. Might make it easier to get ADRs in the long run.
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the official policy--. I highlighted the parts concerning charges and when a cancellation needs to be made to avoid the charge.

NEW ADVANCED DINING POLICY AS OF OCTOBER 31,2013.

Effective for dining reservations booked beginning October 31, 2013 this policy will be in effect at ALL table service restaurants.

Guests will be required to provide a credit card for all table service reservations. A charge of $10 per guest will then be automatically applied if a cancellation is not provided at least one day in advance.
    In the case of pre-paid restaurants and venues such as dinner shows, the entire amount will be retained in the event of failing to cancel. The new policy applies to non-Disney operated restaurants as well.

Cancellations can be made on the Disney Dining website, at guest relations, a restaurant podium, or via a special phone number at 407-WDW-CNCL. To avoid the penalty, the cancellation must be made up to 11:59pm on the day before the reservation.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Here is the official policy--. I highlighted the parts concerning charges and when a cancellation needs to be made to avoid the charge.
    Thank you Christine!
    ~Lynne~

Post Thanks / Like

I knew it's $10/person if you No Show or cancel after midnight the nite before.

What happens if you reserve for 6 and show up with 4 people? Do you get charged $20?
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post

What happens if you reserve for 6 and show up with 4 people? Do you get charged $20?
    Yes, because you reserved 2 spaces that could have been sold to other guests. If two can't make it with your party, you need to cancel their reservations at least one day in advance of the reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ADR deposit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post

Hi, I had reservations booked at Tusker for 4, unfortunately DH was sick on the day so 3 of us turned up and we were not charged for anything other than 3 meals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Yes, because you reserved 2 spaces that could have been sold to other guests. If two can't make it with your party, you need to cancel their reservations at least one day in advance of the reservation.
    Is this a new policy because up to now that has not been the case? We had taken a 4 for 3 person ADR in January and were not charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga-Roo View Post
    Hi, I had reservations booked at Tusker for 4, unfortunately DH was sick on the day so 3 of us turned up and we were not charged for anything other than 3 meals
    to Intercot!!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The charge is currently all or nothing. If someone shows up, no charge. If nobody shows up, $10 per person on the reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been making multiple ADR's for our upcoming trip and what I see is that WDW will hit the CC you have on file with a $1 charge when you set each TS and the charge description is coded like a room internet charge, BUT when you actually go to your cards on-line site (mine is AMEX) that $1 charge does not exist. So making the ADR does not have a deposit perse.

You will only be charged the $10 per head fee if (1) you do not cancel 24 hours or earlier before your ADR and or (2) just don't show up at all.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if anyone has first hand experience getting charged with the $10 no show fee. I hope they are enforcing it - I'm just wondering if it is just a scare tactic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: