Quantcast Have you ever tried a Disney Recipe?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever tried a Disney Recipe?

If you did, what was it, and did it taste better than Disney's, about the same as Disney's, or did Disney's taste better?

I make my own Lilikoi (Jungle for all you Boma fans) juice. It tastes about the same but doesn't have the same consistency. I do have to admit that Disney's is better but it helps me relive a little bit of Disney magic.

I am going try Tonga Toast next.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a few items from Ohanas. We have family that usually travels to Disney with us and we all LOVE Ohanas so much. One day we invited them over and had an Ohana meal.

I made the Maui scalloped potatoes. Ohanas no longer serves those, but they were so good! I also made the chicken wings. We grilled meats on our BBQ, first marinating it all in Ohanas marinade. I also made the bread pudding with bananas foster sauce. And we had pina colodas in our poly tiki mugs.

The meal was a huge success. Everything was tasty. The potatoes and bread pudding tasted identical to Ohanas. The chicken wings and meats were also good, but not an identical match. I liked my meats better, but Ohanas chicken wings were better.

I once tried making the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby. It was not good. Lol. I threw the whole thing away.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Cottage pie, Huey, Dewey, & Louie sundae, almond chicken, and a sandwich from King Stephen's banquet hall. The cottage pie is much better; my bride makes it!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I found the best recipe for the Bobotie from AKL. It is amazing. I actually kinda like mine better! Could be because there's is on the buffet, while mine is piping hot out of the oven. I do it in individual ramekins as well.

The next one I want to try is the Chai Creme from Sanaa. That stuff is incredible!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheddar cheese soup

I have made the cheese soup from Canada and it was perfect each time. I have all the cook books courtesy of my daughter the Chef who did the college program down there.
    Tina

DM DH DD26 DD21 DGS 4

TRIPS:
    multiple as a child
    just daddy and me Oct 2005
    WITH MY Princesses:
    May 2000 POR
    May 2002 POR
    Oct 2007 POR
    Aug 2009 BC (just Ashley and Me)
    July 2010 POP girls only and Lexi's sweet 16
    Dec 2015 dd and dgs

Post Thanks / Like

I tried making Tonga Toast...not even close, however I got the Yankee Pot Roast recipe from LTT and it was delish...and just like the one they make. I make it all the time now.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

My 10 yr old (with dad's help) made the Strawberry Soup from 1900 Park Fare. They give the recipe with the photo. I didn't try the one there, but my daughter's was really good.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

The almond cheese cake from Narcoossees turned out very close. Pot roast from 50s Trime Time was good, but not the same as the parks. I use the Flame Tree BBQ rub on everything in the smoker and it's fantastic!

Never had a problem with a recipe...

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I made my Tonga Toast this morning and it was just as good as Disney's. Very Good! Note to self though. If I buy another Sour Dough bread block. Cut in half. I had the equivalent of two of Disney's Tonga Toasts with my one. DW and I are very full.

Denise, next time I want to go to O'hana I'm just going to go to your house. It is a lot closer. LOL!!!!
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickclub1955 View Post

Denise, next time I want to go to O'hana I'm just going to go to your house. It is a lot closer. LOL!!!!
    Lol!

There is a Texas de Brazil in Baton Rouge. It's similar to Ohanas in that they bring around meat on skewers. That would be even closer!! We haven't tried it yet, but plan to in March when we are in BR for a weekend for a military convention.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Had the Disney Cookbook for my birthday and made the slow-braised lamb shanks from the Grand California hotel. Never been so can't compare but we both thought they were very good and really enjoyed them. Want to try Tonga toast but can't find sourdough bread over here
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Cheddar Cheese Soup (Le Cellier)
    Italian Lemon Tart (Disney Cruise Line)
    Carrot & Ginger (Boma)
    Salted Pretzel Bread (similar to those in Le Cellier)

So far so good
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Coconut curry soup from boma
    Lentils and hearts of Palm salad from boma
    Hitipi from Spoodles
    Lighthouse sandwich (no recipe...) CHH

All were very good!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Coconut curry soup from boma
    Lentils and hearts of Palm salad from boma
    Hitipi from Spoodles
    Lighthouse sandwich (no recipe...) CHH

All were very good!

Oh yeah! And we have made a dessert pizza, I believe it was called chip and dale dessert pizza from chef mickey's. My kids love it! It has PB, chocolate chips, marshmallows and a little bit of jelly.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chef Mickey Cookbook

My husband and I use our Chef Mickey cookbook all the time! Even if the item doesn't come out exactly as it does in the World, it's wonderful to have a taste (literally) of the magic when we're stuck up here in blustery Ohio. If you ever have a chance to look through it, check out the Flametree BBQ dry rub. We use it on everything and it is delish!
    See ya real soon!

Jess

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to try the breakfast potatoes from O'hana, but no one has the recipe. Sis made Dole Whips.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: