Quantcast Upset with fastpass+ ??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree we can easily do more than 3 FP per day and per park.
    I might be in the minority here but I actually enjoyed hustling from one end of the park... With the exception of Soarin' (and maybe EPCOT) altogether. I enjoyed the little workout of rushing across the park while my family did something different. I found the preselected FP to be worse in bouncing all over the park because we just don't know what wait times are going to be or where we will be at a given moment let alone days ahead. We found ourselves wondering what to do because it wasn't time to ride something yet we were done with everything else in that land.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were never big on FP to begin with, If we got one, we got one, BUT after waiting for about an 1 1/2 hours (or longer) for Sorain in October. You better believe I’m going to get them now. We just used them and walked right through and it was great this past trip. I just booked for March and yes I was surprised to see that we could only pick one big ride in MGM (always and forever) My older son likes TT and rockin rollercoaster The younger one not a fan of either one, But since he was just there I opted TT for the older one and that meant no Toy story. I guess we will make the line for TS if it's not a crazy wait time. For us it has to be a compromise since we are able to go back so often. The other thing that worked out awesome for us was the EMH when the park was open till 3:00am one night we just walked on every single ride in the park at MK. I would consider this if you are staying on property to take advantage of this. If you have kids that can stay up that late. We pretty much had the park to ourselves. Loved it!! Everything with super long lines earlier we did twice if we wanted to.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

In the past, our family of four often used 6-7 FPs in one park per day. Our record is 15 in one day, spread over two parks, of course we stated at rope drop in one park and went to past midnight in the second park. That's a hard day, but we were younger then and park commandos.

But don't worry, Disney will be allowing you to get more than 3 FPs per day again in the near future. Just don't be fooled into thinking you get them for free. You will have to pay for the extras. This new FP+ system is designed to "wean" us off the previous free unlimited FP system, so when they start charging for FPs they won't get as much outrage and pushback from their long-time repeat customers. Most other them parks make you pay for the privilege of bypassing the long lines, and I think Disney has figured out they would like get onto that gravy train, too.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I agree with you about the new fastpass system, but I"m surprised that you have been able to use six fastpasses in a day - we've never managed more than 2 or 3 because the return window tend to be too late, or all the ones we want are gone by the time we're allowed to get another.
    I'm in the same boat... How did you do 6 a day???

In the park at 9 get first fp by 9:30 use it or get second at 11:30 then 1:30 pm for 3rd FP

At 3:30 what are you gonna get in a spring/summer day at any park as your 4th FP.

I know people are *****in about "planning too much" but flying all over the park(s) to get the 4th 5th or 6th FP .... seems a little like overwork

Maybe I'm just not good at this.

I'd love to hear examples of 4 or 5 FP scenarios (actual ones you have done) with rides and times.
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

It's been several years, so I don't remember the exact time of day, but here is how we'd do it.
    Get to MK at rope drop, head to Frontierland. Immediately ride Splash Mountain, no FP, no waiting. Get off Splash, get a FP (#1) to ride it later, then ride Big Thunder RR, and then to Haunted Mansion and Small World. Head back to ride Splash Mountain again with the FP, then get a FP for BTMRR (#2), ride Haunted Mansion again and then Peter Pan and and Snow White and Pooh, Get a snack and then on our way back to Frontierland we go by Pirates and get a FP (#3) for that (eligible because of time). Then go ride use FP on BTMRR (#2) and then go to Adventure Land, ride Jungle Cruise and see Tiki birds, and the Swiss Family Treehouse, and Aladdin then use FP #3 for Pirates. Eat lunch at Pecos Bills (about 1pm) , while one of us goes ahead to Tomorrowland and gets FPs (#4) for Space Mountain. On the way over ride teacups and Carousel and ride CoP, and the Speedway. DW dosesn't like to ride Space so she goes and gets FPs (#5) for Buzz Lightyear so we can ride it after Space.
    (by now it's about 3-3:30 p.m) we do Buzz Lightyear, then get FPs (#6) for Space again. then we'd see Timekeeper (later Monster's Laugh Floor) and Stitch or ride Buzz again via stand-by if the wait wasn't too long. Then get a snack or shop until our Space Mtn FP time. Usually do all this before 5pm. In past years you could get another FP even before using your current one if 2 hours had passed, or as soon as you used your first FP. It was not a slow relaxing stroll through the park, but it wasn't that hard to use 6 or 7 in a day if you had a plan, kept a close eye on your FP times and walked quickly. We were park commandos in those days.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    I'm in the same boat... How did you do 6 a day???
    Getting 6 FP in a day really wasn't much work. Most folks only thought about being able to get a FP every 2 hours. The way it worked was you could get a new FP every 2 hours OR when your current one expired/was used. So, if I got a FP time that was only 45 min after I picked it up then I could get a new FP in 45 min, not 2 hours.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    But don't worry, Disney will be allowing you to get more than 3 FPs per day again in the near future. Just don't be fooled into thinking you get them for free. You will have to pay for the extras. This new FP+ system is designed to "wean" us off the previous free unlimited FP system, so when they start charging for FPs they won't get as much outrage and pushback from their long-time repeat customers. Most other them parks make you pay for the privilege of bypassing the long lines, and I think Disney has figured out they would like get onto that gravy train, too.
    If that ever happens, you can kiss me and my family goodbye forever. I guess it's not good enough that those with greater means get a bigger and better resort than someone like me. Now I'll get to see them fastpassing all day long while we wait for hours in our lines. That wouldn't be very magical.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    If that ever happens, you can kiss me and my family goodbye forever. I guess it's not good enough that those with greater means get a bigger and better resort than someone like me. Now I'll get to see them fastpassing all day long while we wait for hours in our lines. That wouldn't be very magical.
    On that note, I am there with you and agree Gator.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post

I might have very similar thoughts if that comes to be as well. It's one thing to charge from the get-go when a system is introduced (like Universal), but to have offered it for free all these years and then start charging? Woo boy...not good.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been several years, so I don't remember the exact time of day, but here is how we'd do it.
    Get to MK at rope drop, head to Frontierland. Immediately ride Splash Mountain, no FP, no waiting. Get off Splash, get a FP (#1) to ride it later, then ride Big Thunder RR, and then to Haunted Mansion and Small World. Head back to ride Splash Mountain again with the FP, then get a FP for BTMRR (#2), ride Haunted Mansion again and then Peter Pan and and Snow White and Pooh, Get a snack and then on our way back to Frontierland we go by Pirates and get a FP (#3) for that (eligible because of time). Then go ride use FP on BTMRR (#2) and then go to Adventure Land, ride Jungle Cruise and see Tiki birds, and the Swiss Family Treehouse, and Aladdin then use FP #3 for Pirates. Eat lunch at Pecos Bills (about 1pm) , while one of us goes ahead to Tomorrowland and gets FPs (#4) for Space Mountain. On the way over ride teacups and Carousel and ride CoP, and the Speedway. DW dosesn't like to ride Space so she goes and gets FPs (#5) for Buzz Lightyear so we can ride it after Space.
    (by now it's about 3-3:30 p.m) we do Buzz Lightyear, then get FPs (#6) for Space again. then we'd see Timekeeper (later Monster's Laugh Floor) and Stitch or ride Buzz again via stand-by if the wait wasn't too long. Then get a snack or shop until our Space Mtn FP time. Usually do all this before 5pm. In past years you could get another FP even before using your current one if 2 hours had passed, or as soon as you used your first FP. It was not a slow relaxing stroll through the park, but it wasn't that hard to use 6 or 7 in a day if you had a plan, kept a close eye on your FP times and walked quickly. We were park commandos in those days.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

......just got off the phone with NASA .....and their chief engineer confirmed that the Apollo 11 moon launch and landing was less complicated than that.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Wow, I got worn out just reading that.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ......just got off the phone with NASA .....and their chief engineer confirmed that the Apollo 11 moon launch and landing was less complicated than that.
    It sounds more complicated than it is really, and it is admittedly more complicated than just waiting in a stand-by line at every attraction. It does take more effort, but we were willing to do it because:
    #1) we didn't like waiting in the long stand-by lines.
    #2) we figured out we could ride a lot more attractions if we used the FP system to its maximum advantage, and;
    #3) we were full of adrenaline and fueled by the DIsney "magic" so we had the energy to do it.

Like I said, it wasn't a relaxing stroll through the parks, so It's not for everybody (and apparently nobody anymore). But we didn't go to WDW for a relaxing vacation. We go sit on the beach for that kind of trip. I guess our future trips to WDW will force us to relax and wait in the stand-by lines more often, but I'm not really looking forward to that part of our next trip.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I might have very similar thoughts if that comes to be as well. It's one thing to charge from the get-go when a system is introduced (like Universal), but to have offered it for free all these years and then start charging? Woo boy...not good.
    That's why they are going through this transitional stage with the limits and tiers of the FP+ system. It may take a couple of years, but eventually Disney will "succumb" to the demand of their park guests and make more FPs available for a "nominal" fee.

"There's gold in that thar FP+ system, I tell ya, Gold!" I'm just surprised it has taken Disney so long to "discover" it. I know, I know, I'm being way too skeptical. I should imagine that Disney only has the interests of its guests at heart, and not the bottom line. Shame on me.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

That's why they are going through this transitional stage with the limits and tiers of the FP+ system. It may take a couple of years, but eventually Disney will "succumb" to the demand of their park guests and make more FPs available for a "nominal" fee.

"There's gold in that thar FP+ system, I tell ya, Gold!" I'm just surprised it has taken Disney so long to "discover" it. I know, I know, I'm being way too skeptical. I should imagine that Disney only has the interests of its guests at heart, and not the bottom line. Shame on me.
    .......might have taken time for Disney to 'discover' a potential source of "gold", but it won't be so long before they start 'mining'. With a $2.5 billion debit on the ledger sheets ....look for some form pay-for-play FP very soon ....perhaps before years end.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

This, I agree with with. Disney did not spend 2 billions dollars on this mess just for the magic. They spent 2 billion with the intention of making 6 billion or more.

Post Thanks / Like

FastPass is/was not designed to allow guests to "walk on"; it was designed so that guests didn't have to wait in 3-hour-long lines, and could go do other things in the park while waiting for their "reserved time". It also helps when the CM at the "merge point" is very good at their job.

So, we're planning our September trip. I haven't really read up on it yet, but:

Can you get "regular" FastPasses *in addition to* the "FastPass +" attractions? What are the logistics of this if it's possible (two hours between/when current FP window opens)?
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    Can you get "regular" FastPasses *in addition to* the "FastPass +" attractions? What are the logistics of this if it's possible (two hours between/when current FP window opens)?
    Regular(Legacy) fast pass is a thing of the past now. Only FP+ is available now.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickclub1955 View Post
    Regular(Legacy) fast pass is a thing of the WEST COAST now

And that's where I'll be.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post

And that's where I'll be.

Nice! Me too. We just have to cross our fingers that nothing changes.