Quantcast Episode 59 - The Line For Goofy Was Too Long - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Take It or Leave It: Tables In Wonderland

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take It

17 80.95%
  • Leave It

4 19.05%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

forgot about the old podcast title. It's still a great quote. Ian what's your excuse?
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    forgot about the old podcast title. It's still a great quote. Ian what's your excuse?
    Oh snap, Maryanne!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I finally had a chance to listen. Wow, John, your story is so touching. I'm glad you are doing okay. What a scary experience.

Loved the inaugural #runICOT! What a great time I had meeting everyone. It was so much fun cheering folks on with you and being cheered on at the Boardwalk by you. Amazing time!

Thank you for the shout out on the podcast! You are all so great! It was so cool seeing Christine at the Tinkerbell. I can't wait for our next meet-up.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
    Here are my #runICOT pics: https://runicot2014.shutterfly.com/runicot2014 There are some pictures from the meets that are kinda cute.
    Great pics! I love the photo with Simba. You two (three) are adorable.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Take TIW all the way to the bank. All the way. It is the bomb diggity. I was impressed when I heard it was 20% off, THEN I found out it includes alcohol. Whaaaaat????

Enjoy it while it lasts guys, because I'm sure that deal is too good to last for long in this current financial WDW environment in which we reside. I expect in the not too distant future we'll look back fondly on the TIW days and sigh.

Personally I have no interest in this My Magic Your Way Plus Whatever it is. Our next trip to the Florida area is in October (cast member wedding!), and all of that is causing me to seriously scale back our WDW attendance in favor of other things. We'll go to Epcot to experience Food and Wine Festival, hit the Boardwalk for a nice dinner, and that may be it as far as WDW goes. One day. One park. In and out. Fastpass plus juggling with bands that are mixed up? Forget it. Goodbye. No thank you. I realize we aren't the target market anyway for WDW vacations (Married couple with no kids) but all this has definitely impacted our desire to spend money at WDW. Now Disneyland on the other hand - we love it every time we go and look forward to going even more often in the future.

John's anti-CG movie stance is strange to me. He's cutting himself off from a lot of quality. I hope he can be convinced to not take such a hard line here. No Tangled? Come on John!
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Great pics! I love the photo with Simba. You two (three) are adorable.
    Thanks. We both have Lion King tattoos. DD21 was just a little one when it came out and although Aladdin is her favorite (she's part of the groupies from www.hotaladdin.com) we still consider that our "family"movie.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Personally I have no interest in this My Magic Your Way Plus Whatever it is. Our next trip to the Florida area is in October (cast member wedding!), and all of that is causing me to seriously scale back our WDW attendance in favor of other things. We'll go to Epcot to experience Food and Wine Festival, hit the Boardwalk for a nice dinner, and that may be it as far as WDW goes. One day. One park. In and out. Fastpass plus juggling with bands that are mixed up? Forget it. Goodbye. No thank you. I realize we aren't the target market anyway for WDW vacations (Married couple with no kids) but all this has definitely impacted our desire to spend money at WDW. Now Disneyland on the other hand - we love it every time we go and look forward to going even more often in the future.
    I feel exactly the same way, Jeff. In fact, unless it's a very special occasion (which is the case when I go this coming April) or a runDisney event, we won't be at WDW any time in the foreseeable future. Disneyland all the way! In fact, we're just now throwing around the idea of going back to WDW in January for #runICOT Part Deux, and we'll most likely do no parks. Although I'd miss Epcot greatly, I'm more than okay with that since it's such a crazy, sleep deprived weekend anyway. I'll be content checking out, shopping and dining at the resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Two Brothers playing on MouseWorldRadio right now. Relevant to this podcast, right? Love!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,Two Brothers! So much goodness in this podcast. I actually made a slideshow to a version of that song when I taught the Civil War. "All on a beautiful morning..."

I didn't chime in on Tables in Wonderland because we aren't eligible, but sounds like a real take it. My brother-in-law and his wife are FL residents/AP holders and met up with us on the runICOT trip. If I had known all of this info before hand I probably would've told them to get it and given them some $$ towards it. Ah Well!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I feel exactly the same way, Jeff. In fact, unless it's a very special occasion (which is the case when I go this coming April) or a runDisney event, we won't be at WDW any time in the foreseeable future. Disneyland all the way! In fact, we're just now throwing around the idea of going back to WDW in January for #runICOT Part Deux, and we'll most likely do no parks. Although I'd miss Epcot greatly, I'm more than okay with that since it's such a crazy, sleep deprived weekend anyway. I'll be content checking out, shopping and dining at the resorts.
    As much as I will hate to miss the parks, that will be my plan in January too. I'm no spring chicken...This lady was wiped out after running around like a crazy person all weekend!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    As much as I will hate to miss the parks, that will be my plan in January too. I'm no spring chicken...This lady was wiped out after running around like a crazy person all weekend!
    Yay! Sounds like a good plan, right Meg?

Post Thanks / Like

It does...as long as is involved too!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Duh.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with both of you on that except I might hang at Epcot a little because you can just be mellow there. I was pretty tired after doing the parks with the kids on Sat & Sunday.

Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

So that was a pretty full podcast.

A few thought

John- I am so glad everything worked out for you and don't worry you will get used to the medicine. The worse part is when you first go on it but eventually they find the right dose and you get used to it.

#runICOT was fantastic. I am so glad I got to hang out with such a wonderful group of people and thrilled to be able to say I can run a 5K. I would have never ever done it without #runICOT and all of you here. I am looking forward to next year and seeing what my new goal will be. And yes the Goofy incident was a definite highlight.

I've already posted about my MyMagic + Fast Pass+ and I'll the post stand for itself. No reason to rehash it here.

Tables in Wonderland is a definite take it for me. I use it every trip and it has paid off for me. Between that and my annual pass I very seldom pay full price for table service. As mentioned a nice bonus is that you can use it a all the lounges and the Dolphin and Swan. You can also use it at Vero Beach. I haven't had a chance to take advantage yet but they also have special food events for members. For example they are having a special dinner at Splitsville in February.

I've had several discussions about Frozen with people on Facebook and as I've thought about it more, I think the change from Elsa as the villain (which was originally planned) really contributed to the major disconnect with Hans. And yes, I;m with Quadstriker, you are missing out. Tangled was a great movie.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Ian what's your excuse?
    I'm from Philly?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, aka "Negadelphia" haha.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't listened to the whole podcast yet but wanted to comment on 2 things.

John - I'm glad you are doing ok. I hope for you a quick recovery and many more Disney trips to come for you and your family.

A few charities that I wanted to mention for Intercot fund raising:
    1. Operation Smile
    2. Ronald McDonald House
    3. ASPCA (I'm sure all the pod cast dogs would approve).
    4. Shriners Hospitals
    5. Fisher House Foundation

No matter what charity is chosen, I look forward to participating.

Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I just got to finish listening. It was great as always.

I'm with Carol and have been fortunate to surround myself with friends that have the TIW card. It's a definite take it.

John, so glad that all has turned out well for you. I'm sure that was a nerve wracking time for you and your family.

Mel, I have to get that wineglass. It's perfect.

We are currently booking a trip to DL as a layover on our way to Auluni. I can't wait to wing it in the parks.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

I am a first-time Annual Passholder and honestly I think that at this point, I'd LEAVE IT. We don't spend enough at the restaurants to warrant it. But perhaps in the future when my kids are bigger and eat a lot more, it would definitely be something to consider.

In regards to all the Fastpass+ and MM+ you guys were chatting about, (I LOATHE IT TOO!!!) I was wondering -- John kept saying that he was reserving 4 fastpasses per day. Am I doing something wrong? I thought it was only 3?
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media: