Quantcast Airfare - October 2014 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I paid $236 per person from pennsylvania through jetblue at the beginning of the month... and that was with fees & taxes included. I guess not too bad. Of course when you figure in all the other price increases each year it makes your head spin.

I was looking through some old paperwork and in 2004 we paid just under $150 per person with fees and & taxes included.....
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
    I was totally shell shocked when I looked up flights from Detroit to Orlando. Normally I've been able to get them for somewhere in the $200's, I'll even take upper $200's. This time if I want a flight before 3 and non-stop, we're looking at around $500. That's just getting nuts. We're looking for 10/11 - 10/18, so I'm wondering if Columbus Day is bumping things up a bit. I wouldn't think it would have that big of an impact, but maybe.
    Last year (this week in fact)I had booked a business trip from Newark to Detroit two weeks in advance. $875! The round trip on the same days from Newark to Honolulu was $620. Go figure.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    I never book my flights until a month or so before I'm going. The fares, especially JetBlue, go way down if the flights aren't booked. I flew last year from Boston for $90 each way.
    Just curious, what month did you go in? I got $210 in November and booked about 3 months in advance, but flew out of Providence. I'm hoping for October this year. My timeshare week is actually 3/1/14 this year but there was no way I was paying that for airfare. Same thing happened last year. It was cheaper to pay for an internal trade rather than pay the $$$ for airfare.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I know, would like to understand what the heck is going on with airfare?? We used to routinely be able to fly r/t from Philly to Orlando for around $200 pp give or take. Sometimes we could do quite a bit better than that even.

I just priced air for our trip in April and it was absolutely ridiculous. Southwest was somewhere around $400 per person depending on how lousy a flight we were willing to take and US Air wasn't much better.

We're driving again. There's just no way I can justify spending $2,400 for a family of six to fly down and then another $600 to rent a car for the week. That's $3,000 as compared to the like $750 it costs us to drive.

It's getting ridiculous!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Running into the same issue here (PIT to MCO RT).

RT tix used to be approx. $150 apiece. Now, it's more than $200 each way. US AIR removed its hub a few years back and non-stop options have all but dried up. Back in 2002, for DW & I, airline tix were only $310. Now, with two children, we need to budget around $1,600. That's a lot of bucks. Ouch!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Airfare used to be such that we could justify flying into Orlando for a long weekend - even if we were booking at the last minute. This is no longer true. If I'm paying the current costs for airfare, it's got to be for a longer trip in order to be justifiable.

Just a quick comparison - eight years ago, I flew 4 people from Boston to Oahu to Maui and back to Boston for a total of $1500. Last year, 2 people flew this same route for $2200!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I was totally shell shocked when I looked up flights from Detroit to Orlando. Normally I've been able to get them for somewhere in the $200's, I'll even take upper $200's. This time if I want a flight before 3 and non-stop, we're looking at around $500. That's just getting nuts. We're looking for 10/11 - 10/18, so I'm wondering if Columbus Day is bumping things up a bit. I wouldn't think it would have that big of an impact, but maybe.
    We are flying from Detroit to Orlando April 5th on AirTran ($264 pp non-stop) and from Orlando to Detroit April 12th US Airways ($295 pp with one stop) It's Spring break time/Easter time off from school so not much we could do! UGH!

Post Thanks / Like

Figment, check southwest from Flint for those dates because we are flying Sept. 24 for 110.00 each way per person and we leave @ 6:50am and come home in the afternoon on Oct 7 both non stop flights and southwest lets you have 2 free checked bags . Good Luck
    14 POP - Sept 28 Oct 7
    14 DCL - Sept 25 Sept 28
    13 POP - Sept 22 Oct 2
    13 POP - Feb 12 Feb 20
    12 POP - Aug 28 Sept 3
    11 COR - May 28 June 3
    10 Fort Wilderness Cabins Sept 22 - Oct 2
    08 POR - Sept 14 Sept 21
    06 POR - Nov 1 Nov 7 (honeymoon) LOVED IT!
    WDW - many times as a child[/SIZE]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: