Quantcast Pesky single riders

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pesky single riders

Does anyone else find it totally ruins the ride if they stick some pesky stranger on the ride with you ? Last time my husband and I rode test track, they put some stranger in with us and totally ruined the ride for both of us.. Just wondering if it's just us or do single riders irritate others also.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't bother me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear72834 View Post
    Does anyone else find it totally ruins the ride if they stick some pesky stranger on the ride with you ? Last time my husband and I rode test track, they put some stranger in with us and totally ruined the ride for both of us.. Just wondering if it's just us or do single riders irritate others also.
    Nope, nothing irritating about it... Where are they going to put single riders, in WDW prison for not having a fellow rider with them? Or should they ban single riders cause you think it ruins the ride...

I have had single riders with me, I've been a single rider.. Honestly, they are just fine and only looking for the same good time you are having... You want to stop a single rider from enjoying an attraction cause you are freaked out about them? No offense but maybe the problem is you, not a single rider... Just saying...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

You would have had to been in my seat next to him to understand the problem.. He was one annoying joker..

Post Thanks / Like

Please this is a place where many visitors cannot do rides in pairs for many reasons. Many teens do rides without older family members. I welcome anyone to enjoy the rides with us or when I am alone! This is also one vacation spot were you don't have to pay extra because you are single!

Post Thanks / Like

He was being very rude, saying dirty words when it would pick up speed. And he wasn't a teenager either.. Was just very awkward . I do realize that it feels kind of fast and all, but really holy cow would have worked just as well as the words he chose to use..

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't bother me at all. We are a family of 4, but my mother travels with us frequently. She is always seated with a "single"rider and we have never had any one of those riders ruin an attraction for our family or for my mother. For us it's not even something we've ever even had a second thought about.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

This was the first time we've ever had a problem with a single rider also..

Post Thanks / Like

Occasionally, you can get stuck with a really odd single rider, which is what apparently happened to the OP. But the lines would take so much longer if they left empty seats. Especially on the really popular rides. And we've usually ended up with perfectly fine single riders with us.

We actually prefer to take the single rider option on a ride like Test Track or Expedition Everest. We have done them as a family enough times that we don't feel the need to sit next to each other to enjoy the experience, and a five or ten minute wait to go separately is preferable to a forty minute wait or more to ride together. It is awkward when you're a single rider paired with people who would obviously rather not have you there, which is what has happened to me in the past. And I am not an obnoxious co-rider. I tend to keep to myself.

So, having been on both sides of this (a single rider and paired with single riders) I try to be welcoming and friendly to single riders. But overall, my bottom line is that no one else is ever going to ruin my Disney experience. If anything, weird single riders give us something to talk about and laugh about later. But for me, it's usually not a one-time ride. When you are in a park long enough to ride multiple times, what happens on one ride among many doesn't really matter as much. If it was my only ride and I was paired with a jerk, that would be a little harder to bear.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    .....Where are they going to put single riders, in WDW prison for not having a fellow rider with them? ....

....Or should they ban single riders cause you think it ruins the ride...

...people don't seem to understand ...your park admission ticket ...gets you access to a ride or attraction ...and A seat ...NOT A VEHICLE
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We were seated with an enthusiastic teenager on splash mountain our last trip. Aside from DH and I he was the only one in the boat.

He was either very chatty and unaware of social norms or maybe had some type of social disorder. Either way we smiled and DH made conversation since he obviously wanted to chat. I think the kid meant well, even if I would have preferred to have taken in a quiet late night trip on Splash.

They are 2-3 minute rides max, I try not to let the little things get to me on vacation Single riders, filling vehicles to capacity, all necessary to keep wait times low.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

A chatty teen would not have bothered me at all as long as he didn't use nasty words. Like meeting new people and all and single riders usually don't bother me, but the man on test track is the only one I've ever had a problem with. He was old enough to know that its very rude to use such language. Sure don't expect to hear that on a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like what was hopefully a one time, rare experience. We've never had issues with single riders, and I always try and be a courteous single rider myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with others that this seems to be more about the specific rider than the fact that he was a single rider.

I've been on an attraction where an entire group (I assumed an extended family by the variety of ages) ruined it for our family. At the end of the ride a Cast Member let us get back on without standing in line again because of the distraction we had to deal with.

My only problem with single riders was when I was in a single rider line and the loading cast member asked each person with an empty seat beside them "Do you mind if a single rider sits next to you?". I was shocked at how many people refused to share their space. It turned out that I would have gotten on faster standing in the regular line!
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that we've ever had a problem with a single rider either. There are always jerks everywhere and unavoidably, someone will be obnoxious and ruin the ride for someone else. I usually like the single riders, especially the chatty ones, as you can meet some really cool people.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

....apparently there's an interesting equation that seemingly holds true at any other venue but WDW:

....Pesky Single Riders = Paying Customers
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately riding with an odd number can cause you to sit with a lousy single rider. However, single riders aren't always bad. One time on Everest I was forced to sit with a foreign family and they stared me down. I didn't let that rain on my parade. But every other time I've met friendly people one of which this summer was a girl from the UK my own age who was vacationing all around the U.S over the summer. I had a nice conversation with her and learned about her culture a bit. Single riders are people like you that want a good time and not always will they fit to your personality, but they are people too and sometimes can't help but be in the single rider if in fact they did come to the parks alone. Even if Disney did eliminate the single rider line you'd be bound to sit with one at some point.

Sorry but unless you rent the park out for yourself, single riders and other people will exist at the park. It's ok if you didn't like that guy, but don't rule out all single riders because of one person.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

My DH is often a single rider, since DD and I are pretty much ride wimps.

He often shares a quick story about who he sat with, and sometimes they chat, but usually just a quick hello, or something about the ride.

For us, it is perfect, he gets on the ride, we don't have to wait as long for him, and Disney gets more people through the ride ... really a win all around.

I'm sorry for the OP though, sounds like it was an INTERESTING single rider seated with them.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he was annoyed by you, also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    I agree with others that this seems to be more about the specific rider than the fact that he was a single rider.
    Right. I am quite certain that this rider would have used the same language had he been with a partner or a group.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: