Quantcast Frozen

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frozen

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frozen

Really good! Great animation and the Mickey short is soooo good.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Although, I could have done without about half the songs. Wonderful story, though. Very touching.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw it. Loved, loved everything about it. Disney definitely got this one right....
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say...these might be two of Disney's best Princesses. Such great personalities!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I had no desire to see this until you said "Mickey short"! Now I gotta go!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Going tomorrow! Can't wait...makes me feel like a kid again...going to all these cartoon movies!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We went yesterday and everyone (ages ranging from 12-72) LOVED it. I'm taking the boys back tomorrow to see it again
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

can't wait for this to come out in the UK but I have to wait another week
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely another wonderful Disney movie! My girls are still singing the songs!!

The mickey short was awesome! felt very 'Philharmagic'y!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everyone noticed that Mickey was voiced by Walt Disney himself. I thought they did SUCH a great job with that. It wasn't awkward at all.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I hope everyone noticed that Mickey was voiced by Walt Disney himself. I thought they did SUCH a great job with that. It wasn't awkward at all.
    Wish the Disney company could do as well with other forms of technology... such as my Disney Experience .
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We went to see it late Thanksgiving night and the theater was empty because everyone was out for the pre black friday sales. I thought it was really good. Actually this is the first Disney movie in a while that the music actually stuck with me after the film so I got the soundtrack. Something else not so important but added to my enjoyment was the color was very vivid & really popped. I might even go see it again if I can find the time.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

In my humble opinion, this is the best Disney animated feature since Beauty and the Beast. Music was wonderful, the story kept me laughing - and in tears at times. How many of you stuck around to see the end of the credits?
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Was there anything to see at the end of the credits? We had a time crunch situation (show was late as the cleanup from earlier shows backed them up-and the trailer/ads running time was ridiculous).

NYTimes has a story on the Walt Disney voice work today.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

This is not a traditional Disney Princess movie at ALL. It is a tale about the love between siblings and the fact that they happen to also be princesses is just because that is how most fairy tales are spun. I LOVED that this movie took the traditional fairy tale formula and chucked it out the window. I would expect that most older kids and adults would think "it's about time" rather than be angry that it is a Princess movie. I know I was thrilled with the way the story unfolded. I HATE the traditional princess storylines.

This movie was based on The Snow Queen, which is a Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale. The working title for the movie was, in fact, The Snow Queen. However, as we've seen lately with Disney, the names of the movies are created in a way that allows Disney to copyright them. Names like "Rapunzel" and "The Snow Queen" cannot be granted a Disney copyright, so we got "Tangled" and "Frozen" instead.

The trailers are deliberately misleading in order to bring in the highest number of theatergoers possible, especially in the summer months and Holiday seasons. It worked for my boys. And they enjoyed the movie. If the trailer had shown Anna and Elsa dancing around and singing about snowmen, I probably would not have taken my boys to see it, and we all would have missed out.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I liked the inclusion of Olaf. I though it was sweet that he had a relevant "backstory".
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

No, her songs were great. She only got two though. Maybe?

I could have done without:

-Love is an Open Door (just TOTALLY random in its timing and relevance)

-Olaf's Summer Song (really disrupted the flow of the movie)

-He's a Bit of a Fixer Upper (completely irrelevant and the music style did not mesh well with the other songs)
    She had one song on her own - Let It Go and one with Kristen Bell -For the First Time in Forever.

The fixer upper song is great on its own. I could listen to it on its own and enjoy it a lot. I just found the timing of it in the film to be completely bizarre and so it felt jarring and out of place to me. The mood went from desperate, grim to upbeat and Broadway-like, and then immediately back to serious. It totally threw me off. That song could have been put at a different point in the movie and I think would have been fine.
    That was my problem with that song as well. I really liked the song but it just didn't fit where it was placed.

FWIW, I liked the inclusion of Olaf. I though it was sweet that he had a relevant "backstory".
    I like Olaf and of course my daughter loved him. I think he was in it just enough. I do agree with Jared though that too much of the trailers was spent on him compared to his actual screen time.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, the new World of Color: Winter Dreams is hosted by Olaf. In fact, the summer song gets play, but the show itself is 25+ minutes long.

I loved the movie! So well done, and I'm buying the soundtrack momentarily. I do agree the Fixer Upper song was odd. Maybe a bit long, and too light for what was happening at that point in the movie. I actually kind of thought the trolls were an odd inclusion. I loved Olaf.

A few times, I found Elsa's spoken word and lyrics reminiscent of Elphaba in Wicked.

I stayed until the end. I personally found the disclaimer about boogers 10x funnier than the bit at the very end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    A few times, I found Elsa's spoken word and lyrics reminiscent of Elphaba in Wicked.
    Yeah, Idina Menzel apparently has a stranglehold on all roles involving the disturbed half of a pair of once-close, now-estranged females.

Actually, I've been thinking a bit over the past few days about the decision to cast Menzel in the role of Elsa. Her performance is spectacular, and her rendition of "Let it Go" is stunning -- it's probably the highlight of the entire movie. The song is powerful and theatrical and will sound great when "Frozen" is inevitably adapted for a Broadway musical.

But was she the right choice for the film version? One thing that stands out to me about the "Frozen" soundtrack is that nobody -- especially no child -- will be able to sing along with "Let it Go." (At least, no normal person will.) It's no different than how no normal person can really sing along with "Defying Gravity," perhaps Menzel's signature song.

It's so inaccessible, and it required a voice like Menzel's for it to work. You think back to some of the most popular songs from the Disney renaissance in 1990s. What made them special, in my mind, is that they were simple and catchy: "Under the Sea," "Hakuna Matata," "Be Our Guest" -- these were all easy tunes that any toddler could hum along with. I don't think that's the case here.

Now, that's not a criticism. "Let it Go" is a spectacular song, and the animation that went along with it is a true achievement. But I do think it could make for a worthwhile discussion about what these Disney animated features are supposed to be: Should the creators of these movies worry about whether that elementary-school kid could sing along? Or do we just want to hear the best singing come from the screen? If it's the latter, Menzel was the perfect choice.

Personally, I loved Menzel's performance, and "Let it Go" will probably win an Oscar because of her. I'm just not sure this is the way to go with all future films.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely loved this movie and plan to see it again. A few thoughts I had. This movie revealed itself to be much like a traditional Broadway musical. It is common to have an up-beat, "seems out of place" song at the top of Act II after a gloomy tragedy that ended Act I. The music was fantastic. It seems very likely to me this movie was planned to be adapted for the stage with the way the show-stopper "Let It Go" was written and sung. Did anyone notice that the husband & wife songwriting team of Robert Lopez (Avenue Q) and Kristen Anderson-Lopez composed the songs? They wrote the musical adaptation Finding Nemo - the Musical playing daily at the Animal Kingdom.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: