Quantcast got our My Disney Experience invite! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doodleboy View Post

Only 3 FP+ per day in one park per day. Not great for a family that park hops or has been able to pull more than 3 per day in the past.
    True, only 3 per day in just one park. Although a fourth "bonus" FP is offered at MK. The 3 FP+ limit applies through this testing period. Will it continue after the full roll out? Disney hasn't said yet, although I did hear a member of the implementation team say they recognize that park hopping guests will not be happy with the 3 FP+ limit.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Sorry to post two in a row, but I am on the phone with a cast member at the moment, and she is stating that the limit of 3 FP per day in one park is the the direction they are moving in even if you do not use the FP+ option and use an unlinked AP or Lenght of Stay or even purchase a pass at the gate. Has anyone heard this and has it been implemented yet?
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard this and has it been implemented yet?
    I thought they were going to do away with FP altogether? As of now I believe the FP system is the same as always. I'll be checking in on Sunday so it will be interesting to see.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you pick your rides for the Fastpass plus?

Hi,

We just got our invitation for the FP+ testing but I'm having a hard time deciding on if we will participate or not.

Will the system let you pick the rides you want and timeframes or are times not really available for the more popular attractions?

For example, for DHS we would want to do FP's for ToT, RockinRollarC, and Toy Story Mania and then we would need to arrange that arround our dinner plans. We are park hoppers so we would only be there in the afternoon/evening.

Is that even possible with the new FP+ system?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anne

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to post two in a row, but I am on the phone with a cast member at the moment, and she is stating that the limit of 3 FP per day in one park is the the direction they are moving in even if you do not use the FP+ option and use an unlinked AP or Lenght of Stay or even purchase a pass at the gate. Has anyone heard this and has it been implemented yet?
    The CM isn't telling you anything new or different.

A] The limit of 3 Fast Passes per day per park is what Disney is moving toward as they test FP+.

B] The FP+ option in the future will mean you have established a MDE account and are making your FP reservations up to 60 days in advance.

C] Those who do not have a MDE account and simply show up at a park (i.e. day trippers, AP holders, etc) will still be limited to three FPs, which they can sign up for at kiosks throughout the park.

D] The "old" FP system is still in place and will remain until MyMagic+ is through the testing phase and is officially rolled out.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeLoveStitch View Post
    Hi,

We just got our invitation for the FP+ testing but I'm having a hard time deciding on if we will participate or not.

Will the system let you pick the rides you want and timeframes or are times not really available for the more popular attractions?

Anne
    First of all, Welcome to Intercot, Anne.

If you are already invited to participate in the testing, you should be able to quickly determine if the available FP times during your visit are acceptable to you. Just go to the FP+ area of your MDE account and see what FP choices are available for the attractions you want to experience. Lock them in, or modify them as you choose.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    First of all, Welcome to Intercot, Anne.

If you are already invited to participate in the testing, you should be able to quickly determine if the available FP times during your visit are acceptable to you. Just go to the FP+ area of your MDE account and see what FP choices are available for the attractions you want to experience. Lock them in, or modify them as you choose.
    I think then little known fact is that after choosing your scenario that you can go back in & modify the times but you have to do it for each FP selected
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thanks CaptnSmee and Ron!

I've been a long time lurker on the boards but with all the changes this year, I felt the need to ask some of my own questions.

I guess I'm afraid we won't be able to get fast passes for the rides we really want them for, so I'm trying to determine if people that have used it already, felt like there was plenty fp's available for what they wanted to do.

After paying all the money for the trip and waiting all year to go, I don't want to be stuck with fp's to It's a small world the whole week...

Thanks,

Anne

Post Thanks / Like

Just randomly checked this am and it said to customize our magic bands! No email, notification etc prior to this morning.

Only prob is I can't select my fast pass plus....it says the selected date must be within the window....maybe I'm too far out?? I ordered and customized my magic bands but can't make the FP selection?

56 days and counting
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

For example, for DHS we would want to do FP's for ToT, RockinRollarC, and Toy Story Mania and then we would need to arrange that arround our dinner plans. We are park hoppers so we would only be there in the afternoon/evening.

Is that even possible with the new FP+ system?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anne
    Should not be a problem, as long as you make your arrangements far enough in advance.

Magic Bands in hand 12 days and counting down.......
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm afraid we won't be able to get fast passes for the rides we really want them for, so I'm trying to determine if people that have used it already, felt like there was plenty fp's available for what they wanted to do.
    Anne
    Anne, no offense intended, but I get the feeling that you are not understanding part of the process here. If you have a MyDisneyMagic online account and you have been invited to test the wristbands, then you can lock in your Fast Pass+ selections now. Today! Just go to your MDE account and make your FP selections. If you wait until you arrive at the parks then, yes, your FP options will be limited. Sorry if I am not understanding your concerns.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey310 View Post
    Just randomly checked this am and it said to customize our magic bands! No email, notification etc prior to this morning.

Only prob is I can't select my fast pass plus....it says the selected date must be within the window....maybe I'm too far out?? I ordered and customized my magic bands but can't make the FP selection?

56 days and counting
    We are in the same boat. Checked this morning..no invite of any kind...and we were able to select the bands on MDE..we just checked because of what everyone here was saying. We are staying at AKL in 61 days. We too can not select our FP+ attractions. It won't let us move past these immediate dates in August. Any suggestions or observations out there?
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    We are in the same boat. Checked this morning..no invite of any kind...and we were able to select the bands on MDE..we just checked because of what everyone here was saying. We are staying at AKL in 61 days. We too can not select our FP+ attractions. It won't let us move past these immediate dates in August. Any suggestions or observations out there?

Yes same exact thing happened to me. It won't even let me choose our dates in October! I called customer service and she said its because we are both too far out. Someone else on another thread said the same thing until the 50 day mark and then was able to make the selections.
    However, my friend is leaving the day before us and she was able to make FPP selections for the first full day she's there (the day I arrive) and none after. I guess we will have to keep checking...especially at the 50 day mark

55 days until I'm back in my happy place
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to make FP+ selections first, about 25 days out, then a few days later it allowed me to customize the MB. I received them in the mail a few days later. THEN at 17 days out I got an invitation via email saying I was selected to test the new FP+ system. So, if I had not been checking each day on MDE, I would have eventually found out we were selected when I got the email invite.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

Ok here is the latest and greatest. DH and I just kept checking back into MDE and low and behold...we could select FP+ times for our trip in 58 days. It was very easy and there was a learning curve. I know from all the different post out there that FP+ isn't for everyone but I love the idea! I am a planner..we aren't power park people..we spend time at our resorts and doing sit down meals and planning for those even 180 days out is part of our fun. I am ok and prefer to know which park I will be in which day..to put it lightly I am not a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal. So this floats my boat. This trip we are taking my parents along..my father has had both hips replaced and mobility at a high speed can be a problem..We picked the 9-10 am slot for Soarin and now we can plan our day..no rushing to get FP's or worrying about a long line. We gave ourselves and hour inbetween to pick up Test Track..So there you have it. We will see how it all executes come October.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    It was just about 17 days exactly prior to our trip. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They give you a date that you need to react to the invite to get the bands in time.
    We're heading down on Oct. 1. Coincidentally, I signed onto My Disney Experience...yesterday...just to check things out. I noticed that we had 2 Wristbands on order and that yesterday, Aug. 31, was the last day to "customize" our wristbands (which I found out meant choosing our own colors). What? I had no idea we were part of the test! I did the customization and then called to inquire. The very helpful girl on the phone told me that yes, indeed, The Beach Club is participating in the test and we should pick our Fast Pass + times! It was really easy and worked like a charm.

I just want to add that we were 30 days out. We got to customize, just in time. This was for our color choice only. They would have sent gray wristbands as a default color, if we hadn't. But...I learned that we can pick fast pass times and reschedule at any time. I wouldn't have known we were part of the test, if I hadn't randomly checked online. No notification whatsoever. But? we're really excited.
    Nice work, pal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: