Quantcast got our My Disney Experience invite!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default got our My Disney Experience invite!

So after logging on last night & playing around with the system I do have to say that I love the idea if it works as good as it seems.
    For those of you that didn't know, after picking your 3 attractions it randomly gives you 4 scenarios that you have to choose from however afterwards you can go back in to each individual fast pass+ reservation & change them to practically whenever you like for return times.
    For example the computer generated times might not have known we were park hopping so we wanted later or earlier return times & we were able to go back in & change them.
    I think its interesting that they have included rides that in the past have never required a fast pass in the network.
    Being part of the test group I'm excited to try it & hopefully give my feedback afterwards
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    I think its interesting that they have included rides that in the past have never required a fast pass in the network.
    I think this is what I DON'T like about the new system....If the ride/attraction never needed a FastPass before, then why now? "Let's make 'fake' back-ups at all rides and attractions"....

Why don't they just come out and say that if you don't have a FastPass/FastPass+ you can't ride or watch....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

When is your trip? Just curious if you got the notice to participate around the 17 days out I've heard of.

My trip is coming up in about a month so I'm hoping to get to participate!
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

That is exciting. I can't wait to hear how it works out for you. I hope I get a chance to test it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    When is your trip? Just curious if you got the notice to participate around the 17 days out I've heard of.

My trip is coming up in about a month so I'm hoping to get to participate!
    It was just about 17 days exactly prior to our trip. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They give you a date that you need to react to the invite to get the bands in time.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone interested, the test resorts for Sept so far appear to be BC/YC/BCV, AKL, POR, Poly and AoA. There's also chatter that POP and CR will extend the August testing through September.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We are visiting 9/3 to 9/8 and staying at POFQ. Is the FP+ invite only? If we don't get an invite, can we still use the regular FP?

We visited these exact timeframe in Sept 2010 and barely needed to use FP except for maybe Soarin or TSM. Hoping for the same this time.
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    It was just about 17 days exactly prior to our trip. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They give you a date that you need to react to the invite to get the bands in time.
    We're heading down on Oct. 1. Coincidentally, I signed onto My Disney Experience...yesterday...just to check things out. I noticed that we had 2 Wristbands on order and that yesterday, Aug. 31, was the last day to "customize" our wristbands (which I found out meant choosing our own colors). What? I had no idea we were part of the test! I did the customization and then called to inquire. The very helpful girl on the phone told me that yes, indeed, The Beach Club is participating in the test and we should pick our Fast Pass + times! It was really easy and worked like a charm.

I just want to add that we were 30 days out. We got to customize, just in time. This was for our color choice only. They would have sent gray wristbands as a default color, if we hadn't. But...I learned that we can pick fast pass times and reschedule at any time. I wouldn't have known we were part of the test, if I hadn't randomly checked online. No notification whatsoever. But? we're really excited.
    Nice work, pal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: