Quantcast Directions to the Campground

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Directions to the Campground

Coming in from I-75, but first timer in the RV. What is the easiest route in? I'm leaning towards I-75 to the Florida 50 Toll to the Florida 429 Toll. Then Western Way to E Buena Vista Drive to Bonnet Creek Parkway - past Port Orleans.

I'm looking at possibly coming in to Vista Boulevard via Winter Garden Vineland Road however.

Anyone have any advice here, or am I just over thinking/planning here?
    Offsite 8/1998 - CB 9/2001- AS Movies 9/2002 - AS Music 5/2004 - AS Sports 9/2006 - Pop 5/2007 - AKL 7/2009 - POR 3/2011 - POR 11/2011- FW Campground 10/2013 - UO LRP Spring 2015 - FW Campground 10/2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always come in on 429 to Western Way. It makes for a much less stressful drive. After that we've gone in by Port Orleans as well as through the Magic Kingdom main gate...depending on traffic. We like to go in by Magic Kingdom, but it's easier to go by Port Orleans.

I don't know where you are coming from, but we HATE I-75. It makes me a nervous wreck. We are coming from the Florida panhandle and take I-10 to Tallahassee. At Tallahassee, we get on 27. We take 27 to Ocala, so we're not on 75 for long.
    Happy Campers!
    Brad, Laurie, Lee 23, Evan 16 & pups Bailey & Molly, +1 crazy cat named Tyber

You spent three days lying on a beach, drinking rum?... Welcome to the Caribbean, Love. (ie. Elizabeth Swan & Captain Jack Sparrow)

Post Thanks / Like

Indianapolis basically. I-75 is by far the fastest route.

There is a decent route from I-65 in Alabama that could put us your method. I've looked at it due to the fact that it almost eliminates the Smoky Mountains from the trip.

Thanks for the input. The kids would probably prefer swinging by MK on the way in also.
    Offsite 8/1998 - CB 9/2001- AS Movies 9/2002 - AS Music 5/2004 - AS Sports 9/2006 - Pop 5/2007 - AKL 7/2009 - POR 3/2011 - POR 11/2011- FW Campground 10/2013 - UO LRP Spring 2015 - FW Campground 10/2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaTeacher View Post
    We always come in on 429 to Western Way. It makes for a much less stressful drive. After that we've gone in by Port Orleans as well as through the Magic Kingdom main gate...depending on traffic. We like to go in by Magic Kingdom, but it's easier to go by Port Orleans.
    I zoomed in on this in google maps - so you get in the right lane and go through the MK sign I assume? Then almost immediately a right onto Vista Boulevard? I won't have checked in yet and I am not an annual passholder, won't I get stopped at the gate?

Post Thanks / Like

I zoomed in on this in google maps - so you get in the right lane and go through the MK sign I assume? Then almost immediately a right onto Vista Boulevard? I won't have checked in yet and I am not an annual passholder, won't I get stopped at the gate?
    Yes, your understanding of the directions are correct. And you'll get stopped, but just let them know you're checking in at Fort Wilderness. You won't have a problem!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: