Quantcast Episode 52 - Not The Sun But The Moon Princess ImaLamma - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    really?! Wow! That is interesting! How come?
    The price point on the Disney cruises is pretty obnoxious when compared to other comparable cruiselines.

I wouldn't say I'd "never" do a Disney cruise, but for the cost it is probably a long shot.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The price point on the Disney cruises is pretty obnoxious when compared to other comparable cruiselines.

I wouldn't say I'd "never" do a Disney cruise, but for the cost it is probably a long shot.
    What Ian said.

And...we just aren't cruisers. We did a 7 day Disney cruise before the kids and I have to tell ya - we just weren't that impressed with it. Now to be fair we ate in the main dining room we were assigned every night - but it meant getting dressed up every night. I told my husband that I was tired of always feeling like we were in the room getting ready for dinner. I thought the price we paid for excursions off the boat to be incredibly high for the experience that we had. And on the long at sea days - we were kinda bored.

There were many pluses though:
    1) the meal at Palo - was outstanding with one of the best waiters I've ever exeprienced in my life.
    2) Castaway Cay was amazing and we had a great time.
    3) My husband still raves about our interior room - how it was like sleeping in a cave. We didn't wake up most days until after 10.

I would be willing to try the cruise again now that I have kids because I think the oppurtunity to have them spend time in the kids clubs and for my husband and I to have a conversation that isn't constantly interrupted by "MOM!" might be worth the extra $$$$ That being said - checking the price now that we are no longer Dual Income No Kids - we can't afford to cruise.

But this is why I love my DVC points - we are thinking we might try Vero Beach for a couple of days on the next trip.
    Last edited by Septbride2002; 07-14-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: forgot something!
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, I hear ya. Totally agree on the $$- which is why I said I'm happy to use my points bc - value or not- i just don't have cash but i really wanna go!
    We just got hooked on DCL after our first one- but you know what I can also agree with your points against it- especially the "I feel like we were always in our room dressing for dinner". I have very thick hair that doesn't dry easily, especially with those cheese ball cabin dryers that put out airflow the equivalent of a 4 year old blowing out a birthday cake!
    So I had to pull myself from the beach or the pool or whatever fun and go get my bath and he whole lengthy hair process everyday.
    My family has already agreed that next cruise we are doing fewer dining hall dinners. Because we really don't even like the foofoo menus. If we get tired of counter service quickly, we will do room service or we found you can get your dining room meal "to go". I could eat on my verandah with my pjs and wet hair!

Thanks for telling me- hope I didn't seen rude for asking- I just don't know that I've heard someone dislike a Disney cruise
    But your points are very very true.

And oh my gosh YESSSSS! Try vero! ASAP! You'll love it!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the majority on the podcast when it comes to the Buses - LEAVE IT! I do admit, there are times when I appreciate having the option to take the bus (like when we flew down for ICOT15), but as we almost always drive to Florida for our vacations and therefore have a vehicle at our disposal, I would MUCH RATHER drive myself to the parks rather than haul a stroller and two exhausted little kids onto a crowded bus at the end of a long day of park hopping. Not to mention we enjoy staying in the cabins at Fort Wilderness so a vehicle there is almost a must!!

I too am guilty of the "Sent from my iPhone" signature. Maybe I'll change it to "Sent from my iPhone with Intercot.com Love"

I had to laugh when I heard Ian had the Jeremy Irons version of Spaceship Earth on his iPhone. I do too! Nerd alert!!! Although you still take the crown for playing it while riding the ride. LOL!

And finally, we appreciate the shoutouts to Canada! And yes, we do have iPads...and yes, they are more expensive up here. So not fair. Thank goodness for cross-border shopping!

And we're ooot....

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little behind catching up on my podcasts so I'm just listening to #52 now.
    Ian! I'm coming after you. I would like to respectfully disagree with your comments about non-expiration not being worth it. Right now I can buy a 10 day +hopper + water parks + non expiration from The Official Ticket Center "ding" for $738 tax incl. This gives me 10 park days and (for the sake of argument-I know there are other options) 10 waterpark days. 20 admissions working out to just under $37 per day. We go about every 2 years and don"t usually do more than 3 or 4 park days but do like the hopper option and a few water park days. Using today's prices if I bought a 4 day hopper with water parks it would cost $700 for those 2 trips and I would have at least 4 unused water park days. For the extra $38 dollars I am putting out for my loaded 10 day ticket I'm getting 2 park admissions to use on my 3rd trip and I haven't lost my unused water park days. I still have those 6 admissions to use as well!
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Fan View Post
    I'm a little behind catching up on my podcasts so I'm just listening to #52 now.
    Ian! I'm coming after you. I would like to respectfully disagree with your comments about non-expiration not being worth it. Right now I can buy a 10 day +hopper + water parks + non expiration from The Official Ticket Center "ding" for $738 tax incl. This gives me 10 park days and (for the sake of argument-I know there are other options) 10 waterpark days. 20 admissions working out to just under $37 per day. We go about every 2 years and don"t usually do more than 3 or 4 park days but do like the hopper option and a few water park days. Using today's prices if I bought a 4 day hopper with water parks it would cost $700 for those 2 trips and I would have at least 4 unused water park days. For the extra $38 dollars I am putting out for my loaded 10 day ticket I'm getting 2 park admissions to use on my 3rd trip and I haven't lost my unused water park days. I still have those 6 admissions to use as well!
    This made my head hurt.

I'll take your word for it!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Basically my math is do I have $6K in cash in my pocket? No. Do I have points in my account and $95? Yes. Do I get to go on a cruise? Yes. Then it's a great value for me

My hubby did a breakdown for point to cash once- I need to ask him to do it again for me on here. It made sense when he said it, but then he's good at persuading ---after all, he got me to marry him!!
    Lov'd it...DO I GET TO GO ON A CRUISE?

If that answer is YES then you did good!!! I agree!

Should have said, as someone else posted in this thread, for a little management/selling you could sell or rent some of your points and have cash for pay for the cruise. AND likely a new PURSE TOO???!!! But again it's not as easy as just using your points in the first place - you have to sell/rent the points.

THANKS for your input!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

On the bus situations, i say TAKE IT!
    I feel like it is part of my disney experience, like the monorail. I have been riding them since I was little, on every trip. I love the rides! I see how it can be a pain during peak season for some people, but we never rented a car before so in this case ignorance is bliss.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: