Quantcast LAX to DLR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: LAX to DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Default LAX to DLR

what do you all recommend? Is there a bus like Mears? Taxi? Rental car? I can't believe I'm planning my first trip to DLR finally! And we leave in 64 days!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

On our first visit, we took a van shuttle - similar to what Mears used to offer at Disney World. On our last trip, we rented a car.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    On our first visit, we took a van shuttle - similar to what Mears used to offer at Disney World. On our last trip, we rented a car.

Is the traffic hard up drive in? Which did you prefer?
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We rented a car. We arrived later in the evening so traffic wasn't bad. I had no problems getting to the hotel. The one issue is that the car rental places are all off-site. So there are shuttle buses to the lots.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We had a car too. I don't like being at the mercy of some outside source for transportation. It was crazy driving there (SO BUSY!) but I had my GPS, so it wasn't a problem.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Every girl trip, we've done Disneyland Express and it's fine and reasonably priced. This trip we are renting a car, but only because James has many plans not involving Disney. lol! It's really what you prefer, but traffic is crazy (and I'm not talking I-4 crazy).

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing to offer other than congrats! I too just booked my very first trip to Disneyland! I'm so excited! I was going to fly into LAX but ended up with a flight into SNA which is about a 20min drive to Disneyland and 5min to my hotel. I'm so STINKIN' excited!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I have nothing to offer other than congrats! I too just booked my very first trip to Disneyland! I'm so excited! I was going to fly into LAX but ended up with a flight into SNA which is about a 20min drive to Disneyland and 5min to my hotel. I'm so STINKIN' excited!
    Good deal! If I had my choice, I'd always fly into SNA. Love that airport.

Post Thanks / Like

we rented a car so we could explore Orange County, LA, and Santa Monica
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Every girl trip, we've done Disneyland Express and it's fine and reasonably priced. This trip we are renting a car, but only because James has many plans not involving Disney. lol! It's really what you prefer, but traffic is crazy (and I'm not talking I-4 crazy).
    I would agree.... use the Disneyland Resort Express (DRE). You can always rent a car. There is a car rental near the DL hotel in DTD. Traffic can be horrible. It took me well over an hour last Sunday afternoon (3pm)to drive home, It was stop and go most of the way. UGH. Don't know what the I4 traffic is like yet. But I-5 is always crowded. If you do rent a car, remember that when you use your DVC points, self parking is free at the hotels. Wish we were still in CA for this event. Hopefully we can get together before your DL Trip.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    I would agree.... use the Disneyland Resort Express (DRE). You can always rent a car. There is a car rental near the DL hotel in DTD. Traffic can be horrible. It took me well over an hour last Sunday afternoon (3pm)to drive home, It was stop and go most of the way. UGH. Don't know what the I4 traffic is like yet. But I-5 is always crowded. If you do rent a car, remember that when you use your DVC points, self parking is free at the hotels. Wish we were still in CA for this event. Hopefully we can get together before your DL Trip.
    Thanks Mel and Marci! This sounds perfect- use DLE (I'm assuming you can reserve that in their website?) and rent a car from property IF we choose to sightsee. That way if we change our mind we didn't drive thru there for nothing.

DD13 is begging to see Hollywood! And I'd like to see the Pacific Ocean for the first time!
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Is the traffic hard up drive in? Which did you prefer?
    We rented the car because we planned a couple of off-site trips - Universal and San Diego. We found California traffic unlike anything we've every experienced. I kept laughing at the speed limit signs as it appeared you could only actually do the speed limit if you driving in the middle of the night.

Our first car was defective so we had to find our way back to the airport to exchange it which took a considerable amount of time given the traffic we were in.

On the day we drove to Universal (about as far from Disney as I drive to the office on a daily basis), I'd figure we'd get there in fairly good time as we did not set out until after what I would consider traditional commuting times - the roads were still crawling. It took twice as long to get to Universal as we anticipated!!

Getting to and from San Diego was a bit better but we did that on a weekend when folks weren't commuting to work.

The shuttle was more relaxing - We were so busy yakking we didn't really notice how long it took us to get from point a to b.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    ... We found California traffic unlike anything we've every experienced. ...
    I've lived in California my entire life so I never can comprehend what people find so different about driving here. I guess I just don't know any better!

Anyway . . . I'd agree with what most have said. Let someone else take you from the airport to the hotel. It may or may not take longer (with additional stops) but just knowing that someone is driving that knows where they are going takes a lot of responsibility/stress off of your shoulders. If you decide to do a day trip Disneyland Hotel should be able to help you with arranging car rental. On that subject, I'd choose Huntington Beach or Newport Beach any day over Hollywood.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    On that subject, I'd choose Huntington Beach or Newport Beach any day over Hollywood.
    Agreed, and in fact I told Christine this a few weeks ago. Go to HB and eat at Duke's! Yum.

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to figure out which beach to hit but had no clue where to go. Thanks for the suggestions, y'all. And thanks to Christine for starting this.

Agreed, and in fact I told Christine this a few weeks ago. Go to HB and eat at Duke's! Yum.
    Melanie,

I just googled Duke's. Is it on the main beach strip?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

The Disneyland Resort Express is my #1 go-to choice every single time I visit the Disneyland Resort, wether I am travelling alone or with friends and family! We have yet to have a bad experience with this service. Every time we visit the Disneyland Resort area without a rental vehicle, I always book a round trip with them. The Disneyland Resort Express is owned and operated by Southern California Gray Line and is the best way to get to and from the airport comfortably and as quickly as possible. There isn't many other better options (for the price) than this service... you could also try booking a SuperShuttle, but often times those are cramped and crowded. The Disneyland Resort Express bus is a big Gray Line bus with tons of room to stretch your feet out after a day of travel. The driver is usually very friendly and willing to help you out with your luggage, if required.

A high point to this option is that the busses themselves evoke the feeling of Disney's Magical Express busses at the Florida parks and area a great opener to your vacation! The busses are decked out in promotional Disneyland Resort decals advertising their current attractions, promotions, etc. It was really cool to see the Star Tours design with Darth Vader on it when the attraction re-opened! There were also ones themed to Word of Color and Toy Story Mania! I'd assume you could see some sort promotions for Cars Land on the busses now-a-days.

Another great thing about using the Disneyland Resort Express is that you do not need a reservation! You can simply get off your flight and catch the next bus out to the Disneyland Resort area. Here's some information about their pick-ups at LAX:

Quote Originally Posted by Anaheim Gray Line
    After exiting the baggage claim area, please proceed to the center island. The Disneyland Resort Express picks up underneath the overhead GREEN sign.

• Hourly departures between 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM
    • Departures every 30 minutes between 10:30 AM and 4:30 PM
    • Hourly departures between 4:30 PM and 10:30 PM
    • Reservations are NOT required
    For additional information, use the link to the official website of the Disneyland Resort Express run by Anaheim Gray LIne: http://graylineanaheim.com/shuttles.shtml. As I mentioned above, reservations are not required, so you can just hop aboard the bus when you see it and pay at the end of your ride at the Disneyland Hotel. Ticketing agents will climb aboard the bus and you will make a payment to them. There is even a $5.00 off coupon you can use for a discount on your fare(s)! Simply print this coupon off, cut it out and hand it to the mobile merchants when you pay: http://anaheimocorg.anaheimoc.netdna...2013_16394.jpg (Note: You will need to print a coupon for EVERY member of your party to get discounts on each traveler's fare!)

If you prefer to book online, I'd suggest booking through All Anaheim Tours. We always book through them because they offer tickets at a discounted rate. So far, it is the best deal we've found online for the Disneyland Resort Express. Their booking website can be found at this address, go look them up: http://www.allanaheimtours.com/body....ge=TourDetails

I hope I've been of service to you!
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I was trying to figure out which beach to hit but had no clue where to go. Thanks for the suggestions, y'all. And thanks to Christine for starting this.

Melanie,

I just googled Duke's. Is it on the main beach strip?
    It is, right by the Huntington Beach Pier. Beautiful oceanfront dining. I've eaten at this Duke's and the one in Waikiki, and it's so good!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Disney C! That was a huge help!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It is, right by the Huntington Beach Pier. Beautiful oceanfront dining. I've eaten at this Duke's and the one in Waikiki, and it's so good!
    Huntington Beach has got to be one of the nicest beaches around. I never tried Duke's but the area is awesome.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Thank you so much Disney C! That was a huge help!!!
    Glad to be of service.
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: