Quantcast Awesome Cast members

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Awesome Cast members

It seems we have had a few posts about rude cast members and i thought it be cool to start one w/ cast members that have gone beyond what we expect.

I'll start.

last year my son and gf pull into All Star Sports. We drove down from Kansas City. It was a long drive and to be honest, none of us were in a very good mood. My gf stayed in the car as i went to check in. Our son is the most awesome little boy in the world, but he can be very hyper and is known to throw a temper tantrum. well t his was one of those times. He wanted to stretch his 3 year old legs, and it just wasn't time. by the time i got back to the car my gf had had enough and as i was getting our luggage out tempers were getting a little hot.....almost immediately a cast member came out w/ a luggage rack and helped me take everything to the room. Five minutes later he knocked on the door and gave my son a mickey plush from the gift store and a couple bottles of water for me and my gf. that gesture put us right back in the disney spirit and started the vacation right.
    as he was leaving another guy walked by and asked him if he was done w/ his break cause he was ready for his, and the guy said, "yep, go ahead" (the guy that helped us was on break!, wow).
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a great CM in January on the Jungle Cruise. He was really into it, and you could tell he was having fun with his job. (You can tell when they aren't...) He was just so fun, that I rode again, and waited to have him. I wrote Disney an email, and they responded that others had commented on this CM as well.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great server at Mama Melrose in April. We just got to know him a little bit and built a nice repoire with him because we are from Virginia, and found out that he had lived in D.C. for a time at the same place we had attended a conference. We were talking about the neighborhood and local restaurants, etc, etc. He was just very nice and at one point took a couple minutes to actually sit down and talk to us. I believe he gave us free dessert, too!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

My family was treated to the best Bus driver ever last year on late night trip back from the DHS. He had colorful lights flashing on the bus and special music playing and he gave all the very tired kids on the bus small toys, plastic dimaond rings a for the girls and bouncy balls for the boys. The tired kids woke up quick and had smiles all the way back to the WL. We were lucky enogh to get the same driver the another night on the same trip and he this time had ballons for all the kids on board. He really enjoyed his job and he did not play the awful loop message instead speaking into the microphone and singing along.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't to me personally but I was there to witness the entire thing. I stopped in the AK baby center with my DS1 so he could cool off. Moments after we walked in, a CM brought in a little boy (maybe 3 yrs old?) that he had found lost. One of the CM tried talking to the boy while the other was calling all over to report it. The boy was in tear and I felt so badly for his family who must have been worried sick. One of the CM said she was going to give him a lollipop to calm him down and the other stopped her and said what if he has allergies. That is great quick thinking!

The mom came in like 20 minutes later. The CM did an awesome job of distracting him.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We encountered an exceptional CM on our trip in February. My girls and I had FPs to meet the princesses. After we had been through the line and were headed out, Timothy stopped us in the hallway and asked if we'd met Mickey yet. I said no, we were just meeting the princesses and heading back to meet my husband and our boys in Fantasyland. I said we had hoped to stop and meet Merida on the way, but we weren't sure we'd have time to.

Timothy told us to come with him. We went through a Cast Member Only door and he told us to wait right there. As we waited, Mickey came around the corner. I swear, I cried. I've met Mickey before, but this was just special. Mickey took us into his dressing room for our own personal meet & greet & pictures. After that, Timothy walked us all the way down Main Street to the castle and put us into the front of Merida's line. We thanked him profusely & went on to meet Merida & still have time to get back to the boys by the appointed time. I was so moved by Timothy going out of his way to make sure we met Mickey & Merida. My girls and I will never forget it.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

i love these stories.
    a couple more, and i'm sure i'll add more later.

1. We were in line for Everest and a cast member walked by and looked at me and noticed I had a Happy Birthday Button on.
    he said that no one should wait in line on his birthday and took us to the front of the line, waited while we rode, then took us to the Nemo show and took us right in.

2. last year my son was throwing a fit in line for the pirate show at HS. all of a sudden a cast member shows up, looks at me first for approval, and then hands him an ice cream bar and said it was a gift from Mickey.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say this last trip. We were in epcot and it was Star Wars weekend, so my oldest DS (4) was wearing a star wars T-shirt. We went into the toy shop in England to get a picture with Pooh and Tigger. Well my youngest DS (1) was sleeping in his stroller so I waited outside in the shade while DW and DS went to stand in line. A few minutes later I heard a lot of lauging coming from there and then DW and DS came out. What had happened was Tigger noticed DS shirt. He and DS started having a lightsaber duel. Then Tigger started to "force choke" Pooh, well then DS "force pushed" Tigger and he flew backwards lol. Needless to say this was by far our favorite character meeting and one he will remember for ever. I wish I could post a pic of it, it was too cute
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

We have had 2 awesome interactions with CM's while at DW. On our first trip we had reservations for breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We had asked the Cm at our hotel the buses to take and some how he mixed it up. So we were standing looking a little lost when a bus driver asked where we needed to go. We told him and he immediately put his bus out of service and drove us there. He knew we were going to be late for our ADR so he made a call and was able to let the Cape May Cafe know. When we arrived at the hotel we were so excited and thankful for the help. We were taken in and seated right away and we were almost 45 minutes late. This driver saved the day. I only wish I had gotten his name so I could let Disney know.
    On our second trip we were waiting in in after close of MK for our bus. My DD was not feeling well and started vomiting. The CM who was helping our line immediately helped us. With finding a trash can for my DD and then moving us to the front of the line so we could get her back to the hotel. Everyone who was in front of us was also gracious. We heard no comments about being moved to the front which I was afraid might happen.
    It really helps your vacation when someone goes the extra mile for you. When we have been at Disney we have had nothing but excellent service from CMs. Which I know must be hard given the variety of people the must deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

There have been so many fantastic experiences with CMs over our trips that it is hard to pick just one.

The one that does come to mind was a lovely CM at Boma. My Dad is in his late 70s and loves the carrot ginger soup. The night that we were there for dinner, he asked if it was on the buffet and it was not. He was disappointed, but it's not like there isn't other amazing dishes to be had. When we were sitting enjoying some salads before moving onto the entrees, she came over to Dad with a big bowl of carrot soup and whispers to him "I had them make one just for you"! He was beyond thrilled and sooo grateful. It was the best bowl he ever had!
    About a week later, we were able to sneak in one last dinner at Boma before we left. The same CM was serving the table next to us and she brought my Dad another bowl of the soup ( as again, it was a night it wasn't being served). It was amazing that she even remembered him let alone that he loved that soup, even when she wasn't our server.
    It made my Dad's trip, and subsequently ours, because of her kindness.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes its just the little things that make your trip I think. Four years ago my sister and I were staying at the GF and we went to get a bus to AK. We were the only one's there and the cast member was really friendly and chatty and after 5 minutes phoned to find out were are bus was. This was so surprising as we had no problems waiting a while. its probably the one place were I have patience. But she made sure the bus came quickly and remembered us the next time we went to get the bus. needless to say we took her name and emailed Disney when we got back to say well done.
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

These posts are making me cry. Such wonderful stories.

My favorite experience was from long ago, but I'll share it anyway because my family will never forget it.

My father is legally blind and relies on family members to get around. He was never comfortable with a cane and doesn't use one; instead he holds the arm of his companion so he can tell where to go.

The ferry boat restaurant at Downtown Disney was Empress Lilly then, and was a little more upscale. Our family went to eat there and was seated by the maitre 'd, who proceeded to tell my dad where everything was located on the table. Later, when we were served, he came back and told Dad where all his food was.

Now, we had not said anything about my dad being blind, and most people can't tell by looking at him. After dinner was over the CM came over again to ask how everything was. My dad was stymied over how the man knew he was blind and asked him. The CM said that he was a survivor of the Holocaust, and when his life was spared, he vowed to notice people always and try to help any way he could. My dad still gets choked up when he tells that story, even all these years later.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

These stories are pure Mickey Magic and Pixie Dust! I love it!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

The story about the bus reminded me of 2 bus driver strories.

One night my buddy and i went to ESPN to watch a monday night football game, after the game we hung out w/ a couple people we had met and soon it was very late and the busses were done for the night. Being in an EVC it is hard for us to catch a taxi. A worker at the Boardwalk noticed us and she made a call and 5 minutes later a bus showed up and took us to our resort. i thought that was so cool that a bus driver came and got us.

the other time we had gotten finished eating at Boma and were waiting for a bus to take us to Epcot so we could catch a bus to All Star sports. As a bus pulled up w/ Hollywood studios on it's label, the driver asked us where we were going and we told him we were going to Epcot to go to our resort. he got on the intercom and said he'd have a bus here in a minute. a couple minutes a bus came w/ no destination on the front, and they took us directly to our resort w/o transfer.

like someone mentioned it's always the small, maybe easiest gestures that are so appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Love all of these!! There are farm more awesome CMs than anything

Really my experience is all the time when we go! My oldest is Autistic and all of the CMs are always nice, even extra nice and go out of their way to make him comfortable and really come down to his level to talk about his day and favorite rides.

It really warms my heart!!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

The best castmember I've ever had was on my last trip, he was a server in the garden grill. You could tell he really loved his job, he was always making jokes and was always fast on getting us our food. He was easily the best.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great thread!!!

I love every post and wish INTERCOT had a "like" button like facebook. LOL
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I call the Disney Dining line, it really gets me in the Disney mood! The cast members are incredibly helpful, and I often find myself in conversations about other things while they look up reservations! The last time I called, I couldn't believe that I had been on the phone for 25 minutes. For someone who hates talking on the phone, I never hesitate to call to book my dining reservations.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread - It's so nice to not be bombarded with negativity. Magic and Pixie Dust are alive and well on Intercot.

I have a short story to add.

The last few trips my Mother to WDW, she finally gave in and used a wheelchair to get around. She would always be embarrassed when it was time to board the bus. She always apologized to the driver for the inconvenience that she caused. Every driver, no matter what time of day, what day of the week, etc., always replied in the way "Don't worry, we want you to enjoy yourself. We'll have you strapped in and we'll be on our way in just a short time." Not once, did any driver ever make her feel like an inconvenience. As he/she strapped the chair securely, they joked with her and put her at ease. They all helped her to enjoy herself. Pure Magic!!
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: