Quantcast DHS Expansion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DHS Expansion

Post Thanks / Like

Question DHS Expansion

Sorry if this is a double post, but I can't find a similar thread on the rumors board.

Who's read the article on Theme Park Insider about the DHS expansion, and what does everyone think of it?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it is true...but i would not hold my breath. I hope they dont touch the Muppets!

October 2013 - AKL!!!!
    2013 - Hilton DTD!
    2012 -CBR
    2012 - Hilton DTD
    2011 - POFQ
    2011 - Hilton DTD
    2010 - POLY
    2009 - ASMu
    2005 - ASMo
    2003 - College Program
    2000 - College Program

Post Thanks / Like

Some time back I swear I read something about Lights, Motor, Action getting taken down and the Pixar area expanding into that space with an east coast version of CarsLand. I would love to see that. Can't remember where I read it, though. I also read that the Beauty and the Beast stage show would be coming to an end, but haven't seen that happen either.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my question: how can we call something an expansion when they are only reusing the land they currently have, and not expanding? Not really an expansion, just a re-imagining...

As for the plans on TPI, Carsland, as reported by tikiman here and elsewhere, is off the table... Star Wars land has been put on the table... but not in the area they described... Look for tikiman's posts here to see where the proposed Star Wars land is thought to be going... I'm sure the two plots of land have been looked at though...

I guess we shall see if TPI is right this time... Their Universal information is much more accurate than their Disney info... But who knows? I said it before, I'll say it again: Disney needs to WOW me again to get me to ever set foot back into WDW... This could be a start (minus Cars Land.. Keep it exclusive to DCA)...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Some time back I swear I read something about Lights, Motor, Action getting taken down and the Pixar area expanding into that space with an east coast version of CarsLand. I would love to see that. Can't remember where I read it, though. I also read that the Beauty and the Beast stage show would be coming to an end, but haven't seen that happen either.
    Plans still call for BatB to leave DHS, along with Mermaid... This should happen as part of the DHS make over, just don't expect it to happen any time soon...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's true as well. That park needs some upgrading! Even if it isn't an "expansion" it will be something new.

It will be a good reason for us to go back as we are not frequent fliers.

I have a hard time convincing DH to go back and this just might do it. Since we go every three years and plan on a trip in 2014 then 2018would be just about right for us!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we should be saying good bye to the Muppets after all (at least this version of it)... And Osbourne Family Lights... and backstage areas where the parade float barns once were (ok, using this land, I will then be able to call it an expansion of the park, kind of )... All fluid right now, nothing set in stone... But TPI seems to have been leaked an actual proposed plan regarding Star Wars in DHS (which may be getting another new name)... Jedi Training Academy taking over Sounds Dangerous and American Idol (which may be leaving sooner than later?)...

2018 does seem to be the target completion date...

Post Thanks / Like

I am all for it. DHS isn't even a "must do" for us.

They need to revamp it, a la DCA. And while they are at it, they need to fix the dining situation over there, particularly the CS offerings.

I have nothing negative to say about either Star Wars land or Carsland (or Pixar land...whatever) being put into DHS. Bring it on!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Muppets to go. There are plenty of other things that can go first
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I also do not want Muppets to go. I've said this a bunch on these boards but I don't even want an updated movie. Muppet*Vision is the last project Jim Henson worked on before his untimely passing. Of course I'm partial because I love the Muppets, but I still think the video holds up well, and I love the theme of the backstage pre-show area. I don't care about anything else, although I will repeat that I don't want a dupe of Carsland to come to DHS. It is amazing in DCA and I don't even like Cars. I feel like making a duplicate would really cheapen it. A Cars ride, fine, but come up with a new original theme.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

MaryAnne, if what has been spread online is true, it would be a cheaper version of Cars Land.. RSR will not be the same ride, in fact, it would be completely different... The beauty that makes the current Cars Land what it is will not make its way over to DHS... The Cars ride would be a dark ride, not using the current Test Track/RSR ride systems... And Luigi's Tires (is that the name of the ride?) won't be coming either.. Which isn't really a loss... I'd expect Flo's to make its way over (especially if the rumored removal of Mama Melrose, Backlot Express and Sci-Fi are true)...

The new Star Wars area, as stated by some online, will include a new E-ticket.. I think, based on the description, we can figure out which movies this added Star Wars area will be themed to... The E-ticket (which will be build on the land currently occupied by Indy Stunk Show) is rumored to be a Speeder Bike coaster... The Speeder Bikes are from Return of the Jedi, the flying bikes Luke and Leia rode on Endor... Also, Mos Eisley Cantina will be part of the new addition, as well as a new Star Wars show set for the theater where MuppetVision 3D current resides... This show will be the same show that is designed for DLP which is replacing Captain EO...

Osbourne Family Lights would have its final run in 2014, as 2015 is when the project is expected to go full throttle... DHS during this time will be hurting for sure.... Especially if they close everything all at once...

Again, these are rumors... And in the theme park industry, we all know plans change every minute.. One plan did not call for Muppets to leave... another plan does...

Post Thanks / Like

a new Star Wars show set for the theater where MuppetVision 3D current resides... This show will be the same show that is designed for DLP which is replacing Captain EO...
    Sorry, you have me a bit confused here. So part of the rumor is that a Star Wars show will take over Muppet Theater, and then what will replace Captain EO? I saw someone on another site posit that Muppets could be moved over to Imagination, but I wasn't sure if this is what you were saying too. Could you clarify what you mean?

Overall I am gung-ho for Star Wars expansion. I just have a sentimental spot in my heart for the Muppets, but I recognize that their current location is not ideal if DHS is looking to expand other properties. If this were to happen, I would be happy if they gained a presence in EPCOT again. Muppet Mobile Labs used to float around there, and there were other Muppet characters announced to be part of the Living Character Initiative. Perhaps if Muppets Most Wanted (The movie coming out next year) has another good showing, they will keep the Muppet presence in the parks.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Also I head a rumor that if Streets of America goes bye-bye, Osborne Lights could be moved to Downtown Disney... or Disney Springs, whatever the heck it is Thoughts?
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Also I head a rumor that if Streets of America goes bye-bye, Osborne Lights could be moved to Downtown Disney... or Disney Springs, whatever the heck it is Thoughts?
    Not from people who are trusted... Osbourne Lights, if removed from DHS, will not move to Disney Springs... Too much of a crowd control nightmare...

Epcot on the other hand...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be shocked if they did away with the Osborne Lights. They're a huge draw for locals during the holidays.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'd be shocked if they did away with the Osborne Lights. They're a huge draw for locals during the holidays.
    Not like they ever did away with a popular holiday addition (LoW)...

As of now, if the rumors (which are credible, partly) wind up becoming the actual plans, 2014 is the last Osbourne Lights offering... Where they go from there, who knows?

But again, things change.. Disney always changes plans.. or never follows up with announcements... By time any DHS make over is completed, 100,000 proposals would have been discussed and value engineered down to a meet and greet lol...

I still think Epcot should be the destination if in fact Osboune Lights leave DHS...

Post Thanks / Like

What would you think of the name Disney's Hollywood Adventure? Too close to Islands of Adventure? Unoriginal?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm holding out any of my own thoughts until I attend the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Panel at the Disney D23 Expo, this August. That would be a good as any to make a big announcement!
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    What would you think of the name Disney's Hollywood Adventure? Too close to Islands of Adventure? Unoriginal?
    Jeez, why not just call it Disney's Hollywood Kingdom and move on? I thought of that in 10 secs which seems about how long they must have spent thinking of Disney's Hollywood Adventure.

Maybe Disney Hollywood Springs? There's another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Sorry, you have me a bit confused here. So part of the rumor is that a Star Wars show will take over Muppet Theater, and then what will replace Captain EO? I saw someone on another site posit that Muppets could be moved over to Imagination, but I wasn't sure if this is what you were saying too. Could you clarify what you mean?

Overall I am gung-ho for Star Wars expansion. I just have a sentimental spot in my heart for the Muppets, but I recognize that their current location is not ideal if DHS is looking to expand other properties. If this were to happen, I would be happy if they gained a presence in EPCOT again. Muppet Mobile Labs used to float around there, and there were other Muppet characters announced to be part of the Living Character Initiative. Perhaps if Muppets Most Wanted (The movie coming out next year) has another good showing, they will keep the Muppet presence in the parks.
    Sorry just saw this...

One of the plans has Star Wars taking over Muppet Theater in DHS, probably with the Star Wars show that is making its way to DLP... The Star Wars show is replacing Captain EO in Paris, not in WDW...

Another plan has the Muppets staying put... A third plan has the Muppets leaving the current theater and taking residence elsewhere in DHS... So it seems to depend with version of the plan they go with... Also, if Muppets stay put, that doesn't mean a ner Muppets attraction won't replace the current one...

Some of those rumors out there are people just adding their own ideas, hoping for their 15 minutes of Disney fan online community fame... But you can quickly weed those people out, like the ones who say they heard a rumor Muppets are taking over Imagination... Not one of the plans currently on the table...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: