Quantcast Increase in Ticket Prices, Parking, and AP's - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

“Product expertise can be duplicated, so any competitive advantage based on products will eventually go away. But customer expertise is competitively defendable, unique and permanent.” –Martha Rogers

What is Disney spending the most money on? Product or guest service? I think they spend more on product than guest service (in terms of new dollars), or at least the impression is given that they do so. Guest service is not poor, but it isn't continually amazing anymore. Spending on ride tech is like preparing an amazing meal at a restaurant, and neither can save poor guest service ultimately. While making a bad meal, or breakdowns in ride tech, can be saved by amazing guest service.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Spending on ride tech is like preparing an amazing meal at a restaurant, and neither can save poor guest service ultimately. While making a bad meal, or breakdowns in ride tech, can be saved by amazing guest service.
    I really don't think so... what gets people back into the park? What draws new attention to the parks? New attractions or in your terminology new "product."

One of the biggest gripes you'll see from repeat disney guests is the lack of new rides and attractions or outdated technology on rides.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    One of the biggest gripes you'll see from repeat disney guests is the lack of new rides and attractions or outdated technology on rides.
    Maybe Disney is making the right play then. Maybe people care more about bells and whistles than guest service.

I care more about guest service and have seen it trending in the wrong direction. I know when I go to Six Flags that I'm not going to be wowed by guest service, but then I'm paying a price where I can accept that fact (plus, there is no past experience of amazing guest service that frames expectations). I could go to Walt Disney World with all the same attractions from 10 or 20 years ago, with amazing guest service, and have a great time. Amazing guest service could be worth $100 a day at a theme park. The odd thing is that the experience probably was under-priced in the past, if I think about what they actually delivered. I think it is over-priced now, though, because they've replaced great customer service with apologies and higher prices.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the Park Hopper Option went up tp $59 but how much did the 7 day Magic Your Way pass go up ?

Post Thanks / Like

What is Disney spending the most money on? Product or guest service? I think they spend more on product than guest service (in terms of new dollars), or at least the impression is given that they do so. Guest service is not poor, but it isn't continually amazing anymore. Spending on ride tech is like preparing an amazing meal at a restaurant, and neither can save poor guest service ultimately. While making a bad meal, or breakdowns in ride tech, can be saved by amazing guest service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    I really don't think so... what gets people back into the park? What draws new attention to the parks? New attractions or in your terminology new "product."

Actually, I think the "whiz bang" new technology and rides are for the new guests, not those who have gone to Disney for years. The newbies compare Disney to its competitors, such as Universal; those who are regulars value the service more than the technology, the overall experience more than the thrill, the "magic" more than the shine. Of course, this is a generalization, but I believe the reason there are fanatics and aficionados who return year after year is because of the little things, yes, even the "value." What value? The value of knowing that Disney planned to the tiniest detail; that even as you stood in a long queue, you weren't cattle; that Disney viewed you, not as customers, but as guests; and that Disney didn't start from the perspective of the ride or the show, but from the perspective of the guests: What was OUR experience, OUR viewpoint, OUR sense of endless possibility. There are places at Disney this is still found, but less than before, and the value is far less. I can buy whiz bang at Best Buy; I can't conjure up a special moment of whimsy or wonder as Disney once could.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

What are you going to do? Either you go and pay more or you don't. I know these days we are not spending our entire vacations to Disney (World Or Disneyland) or Universal at the parks. In fact we have cut it down to a couple days then go do other things the rest of the time like visit other areas, go to beaches, spend time at the pool or waterparks etc. Cost is one factor for us but also the fact that we have been going for more than ten years and just want to try other stuff. Even though we can take advantage of the DVC AP discount, we don't. This year we did visit Disney and did only 3 days in the parks then are going to Aulani. Last year we went to Aulani, Disneyland and Universal. We don't go to the parks enough to make AP discount worth it for us.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Disney isn't targeting everyone for price increases. They are increasing prices mainly for:

-- One-day guests to the Magic Kingdom. (A $1 one-day increase to the other parks is negligible if you're already OK with buying a one-day ticket.)

-- Annual pass holders.

So, they're mostly targeting locals, DVC owners and other regular visitors. It's obvious they're trying to price some people out of annual passes -- these are the tickets that are seeing the biggest increases. (Regular AP has gone up $90 over the past two years!)

For everyone else, you're looking at almost no increase. A 5-day adult park hopper increased by $4. That's right. Less than $1 per day. And a family of five buying one-day tickets can go to Epcot, DHS or AK for the day for $5 more than last year.

The only people who are really taking a hit on this are AP holders.
    Oops -- amending my original post. The 5-day hopper went up by $23. (About $4.50 a day) I was looking at the child price for this year.

Soooo ... my point is a little less relevant.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    I know the Park Hopper Option went up tp $59 but how much did the 7 day Magic Your Way pass go up ?

$21, to $309.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the rant wasn't directed at me. If it was, you are very much mistaken by lumping me in with this group you don't like.

Great customer service means never having to ask for any consideration when things are going awry.

We've not seen much sign of that in a while, and seen CMs putting on bad show quite a lot more.
    My "RANT" was not directed at anyone. I just saw something in your comment and gave my opinion on it. Cast members as well as Customer relations in Disney have never given me anything but respect, because that is what I give them in return. I have witnessed over many many visits people taking advantage of the cast members and guest relations people
    Whether it is in the hotels, parks, stores, restaurants etc. And unfortunately they are going to change the way they serve the guest. Not all, but some.. Guest try and get above and beyond because they know Disney will accommodate them. It’s just sad THEY have to put up with rude and demanding guest. In the real world I would like to see how far that would get them

Next time you’re in a place in Disney just watch how "some" people treat the CM & GR people. It really makes me sick when people can't even muster up a THANK YOU or PLEASE. It's like they are entitled and that makes me so angry. I guess I was just raised in a different time. My parents would never allow us as children or even now to talk to people the way some of these kids and adults talk to the CM.. Sad very sad GIVE RESPECT AND YOU WILL GET RESPECT is all I'm saying. And you can't tell me they don't try.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    I think this has to do with people trying to beat the Disney System" Disney has always been a place where if something goes wrong they fix it right away. Examples: you don't like the room they gave you, complain and they will change it no questions asked. You don't like the food; they take it off the bill. You have to return something you bought AND used for the day and returned it by the end of your day in the parks. They return it no questions asked (have seen this happen) you say you need the GAC when your really don't and they give it to you again no questions asked. This last one is the one that bothers me more than the GAC one. When a ride has a problem and you sit for more than FIVE minutes and go and DEMAND they give you a free ticket for another day I have seen people do this as well. All this being said. I think is the reason things have changed in the way they do business. cast members, guest relations etc. are probably so tired of "GUEST" trying to BEAT the system..YES we pay a lot of money to be there and we will keep doing it WHY because we love the feeling you get when you pass the gates. The memories out way all the complaining and craziness that goes into a vacation at Disney. I don’t really understand why people feel so entitled when they are there.

SO is the Magic lost? I think it depends on who you ask. If your one of those people that think everything should be given to you just because you pay a higher ticket price. Then maybe you’re the one that has lost the Magic and become one of those who DEMANDS everything at the slightest problem or the people who pay the ticket price and go with no cares and no worries just to enjoy their vacation If a problem arrives they know it will be taken care of and you just move on…
    I'm someone who feels the magic is lost and I am not in that group you described... Before lumping people into a classification, research a bit... Most people who feel the magic is lost are the ones with open minds who see the decline in product and services, stale parks, cut entertainment, broken animatronics, less than show ready attractions... Essentially, over the last 10 years, you are paying more for less... I can justify the price increases if they actually are doing something with the parks... They aren't.. Sorry, the Fantasyland addition does not cut it...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I'm someone who feels the magic is lost and I am not in that group you described... Before lumping people into a classification, research a bit... Most people who feel the magic is lost are the ones with open minds who see the decline in product and services, stale parks, cut entertainment, broken animatronics, less than show ready attractions... Essentially, over the last 10 years, you are paying more for less... I can justify the price increases if they actually are doing something with the parks... They aren't.. Sorry, the Fantasyland addition does not cut it...
    Let me add to your post as to why I can't put up with some of the things going on at Disney. I live less than 2 miles from Carowinds, it's a regional thrill park owned by cedar fair. They've got a ton of roller coasters and things like that. The quality of theming is bad and the customer service is horrible, but you literally get in the door for the entire season at Carowinds for less than what Disney charges me for one day. Knowing what to expect when I walk through the gates at Carowinds, I'm ok with that.

When I go to Disney I expect the bar to be raised, I expect things to be in working order and I expect CMs to have smiles on their faces and be happy to help you.

I don't want Disney to turn into a Carowinds, if they do, I wont go.

End of rant.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BhamWriter View Post
    Actually, I think the "whiz bang" new technology and rides are for the new guests, not those who have gone to Disney for years. The newbies compare Disney to its competitors, such as Universal; those who are regulars value the service more than the technology, the overall experience more than the thrill, the "magic" more than the shine. Of course, this is a generalization, but I believe the reason there are fanatics and aficionados who return year after year is because of the little things, yes, even the "value." What value? The value of knowing that Disney planned to the tiniest detail; that even as you stood in a long queue, you weren't cattle; that Disney viewed you, not as customers, but as guests; and that Disney didn't start from the perspective of the ride or the show, but from the perspective of the guests: What was OUR experience, OUR viewpoint, OUR sense of endless possibility. There are places at Disney this is still found, but less than before, and the value is far less. I can buy whiz bang at Best Buy; I can't conjure up a special moment of whimsy or wonder as Disney once could.
    I agree with what you said... It it the little things that separate Disney from everyone else... But Disney is no longer about the little things.. At least not in WDW... All WDW to them is a cash cow, milk it for all it is worth... And how do they milk the property? By milking the guests... The new NextGen nonsense is NOT a way to make the guest experience more pleasant.. it is a program designed to milk more money from you...

WDW views their guests as ATMs... You are no longer important to them... Service has declined, product has declined... The value has declined... Wonder why three of Disney's parks are not priced at the same level as MK? Well, MK has a new area with a C ticket ride (which I read comments every day on, something is always broken or off already), a restaurant which already jacked priced and cut menu items (oh and will be going Signature in the fall so expect more price gouging), a meet and greet, and a ride taking 3 years to build which has been cut down in size, scope, show scenes, and length... There is a difference between substance and style... The new Fantasyland area has the style, but no substance... What do you have in the other three parks? A park with no direction and is a mess, a park dedicated to animals with a broken animatronic which they still sell as the major point to Everest, and Epcot, where the future is now the past, updates have been lackluster, and the park gets more and more stale by the day...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you read my post again. You will see I said "it depends on who you ask" not putting everyone in the same category.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    Let me add to your post as to why I can't put up with some of the things going on at Disney. I live less than 2 miles from Carowinds, it's a regional thrill park owned by cedar fair. They've got a ton of roller coasters and things like that. The quality of theming is bad and the customer service is horrible, but you literally get in the door for the entire season at Carowinds for less than what Disney charges me for one day. Knowing what to expect when I walk through the gates at Carowinds, I'm ok with that.

When I go to Disney I expect the bar to be raised, I expect things to be in working order and I expect CMs to have smiles on their faces and be happy to help you.

I don't want Disney to turn into a Carowinds, if they do, I wont go.

End of rant.
    Which is why this year's D23 is make or break for WDW... If nothing major is announced, and by major I mean something huge for the theme parks which ADD to the guest experience (major attractions, major expansions) not more NextGen garbage, then WDW is done... All hope would be lost... Give us something to be excited about again... They have failed in this for 13 or so years...

And even if they do announce something big (and they just might), they still have to follow through with it... Not announce it, and then hope people forget... DHS would be my guess for something HUGE... They are last in attendance in WDW and need the boost to a sagging, lagging, and decaying park... And IOA/UNI is primed to over take DHS in attendance in 2 years...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what you said... It it the little things that separate Disney from everyone else... But Disney is no longer about the little things..

Service has declined, product has declined... The value has declined... Wonder why three of Disney's parks are not priced at the same level as MK? Well, MK has a new area with a C ticket ride (which I read comments every day on, something is always broken or off already), a restaurant which already jacked priced and cut menu items (oh and will be going Signature in the fall so expect more price gouging), a meet and greet, and a ride taking 3 years to build which has been cut down in size, scope, show scenes, and length... There is a difference between substance and style... The new Fantasyland area has the style, but no substance... What do you have in the other three parks? A park with no direction and is a mess, a park dedicated to animals with a broken animatronic which they still sell as the major point to Everest, and Epcot, where the future is now the past, updates have been lackluster, and the park gets more and more stale by the day...

It breaks my heart, but I believe you are right.

If the parks aren't the draw, it has to be the service/cast members. If the service goes away, what is to keep me coming back? The memories and excitement we once experienced here? It is a scary position for Disney to be in.

Or is it me? Am I jaded? I just find myself not getting excited about it. I am excited about the vacation, excited about my family time, but not wanting to spend any more than I absolutely have to.

Right now, though, it seems RunDisney is pretty much doing everything right, although Christine reported that even the Everest Challenge had cutbacks in that run this year.

Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

They still haven't fixed the Yeti?

Weren't we talking about this same time last year, they were planning on taking the ride offline for a little while, they had a solution, etc?

So, I'll guess the fishing nets are still up at Tough to be a Bug?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    They still haven't fixed the Yeti?

Weren't we talking about this same time last year, they were planning on taking the ride offline for a little while, they had a solution, etc?
    I was there about 5 weeks ago and Yeti was still not fixed. And the falcon/bird where the tracks end does not appear anymore. You still hear the sound effect but no bird.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a point where Disney will be just to big for itself (talking more the Theme Parks/Resorts areas) are they there now or close to it or can they really not be to big for themselves?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having dejavu from this thread about this time last year. Just sayin.

And if I'm paying a premium, I expect premium. The end. Will I still go? Am I going again in January? Yes. Will we eventually start spending more time at the room and less in the parks, probably. Time will tell. But disney should think better than to expect us to pay top dollar for subpar service. And lately, not to be a Debbie downer, but while I still love the world and everything involved, it's starting to be stagnant. Take the money from these increases and put it to good use, my two cents.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    I was there about 5 weeks ago and Yeti was still not fixed. And the falcon/bird where the tracks end does not appear anymore. You still hear the sound effect but no bird.
    They should be embarrassed, and close it out of shame. Yet, they pretend it was meant to be like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: