Quantcast Increase in Ticket Prices, Parking, and AP's

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Increase in Ticket Prices, Parking, and AP's

On Sunday, June 2, prices are increasing:

WDW is increasing the cost of admission, primarily to the MK. For the first time, the MK will have a higher admission cost than other parks. A single day Magic Kingdom ticket will be $95 for an adult, with the other three parks costing $90 for an adult single day ticket. Child prices are $89 for the Magic Kingdom, and $84 for the other parks.

AP's are going up by $35 to $609.

Parking goes up by $1 to $15.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot of money!

I come from a family of 6. I can honestly say that I never would have gone to Disney as a child if prices were in that kind of range. I would cost a family of 6, the bettet part of $1000 for ONE day!

Thank goodness for the DVC discount on annual passes!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! Wow!

On our first trip to Florida, we spent 2 days at Disney, and 1 at Universal. No way we could have afforded that now ... the single-day tickets are way too expensive!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

On one side, I think it is a good thing that Disney is acknowledging that all of the parks do not represent equal ticket value. I still don't believe this is sustainable, but that's not my problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I agree! Wow!

On our first trip to Florida, we spent 2 days at Disney, and 1 at Universal. No way we could have afforded that now ... the single-day tickets are way too expensive!
    My assumption would be this is done to try to deter guests from one and two day trips. Everything disney has done in the past few years has been pushing longer vacations, spent entirely on property.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    My assumption would be this is done to try to deter guests from one and two day trips. Everything disney has done in the past few years has been pushing longer vacations, spent entirely on property.
    I think you are absolutely correct.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

What is the current price of the dvc annual pass? Is that price going up too?
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Read this in the blog, " the price will be $464 for the DVC Annual Pass."
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    hoping they offer the same deal they did last year for the premium AP. that was awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

$95/day???? Disney is trying to price itself out of family plans.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    $95/day???? Disney is trying to price itself out of family plans.
    No, for one day ticket only. By the time you get to a 7 day ticket it works out to about $45 per day. Not nearly so drastic a ticket price that doubt very many people use that everyone seems to be focussing on . Even locals would more likely use the discounts available to FL residents.

Price increases on everything are a fact of life although we'd all like no increases. For many years we did not go to Disney because it was too expensive. Now we can so we go. If it gets too expensive we won't again. It's the kind of decision you have to make about every non-essential expense.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    No, for one day ticket only. By the time you get to a 7 day ticket it works out to about $45 per day. Not nearly so drastic a ticket price that doubt very many people use that everyone seems to be focussing on . Even locals would more likely use the discounts available to FL residents.
    $45 a day, for 7 days, is still $315. Sure, you pay less per day, but you still pay a lot. Even if you find a room somewhere around $35 a night, you're out another couple hundred plus taxes/fees. We're talking about total expenditure. It doesn't matter that staying for 10 days gets you the best value/day if you can't afford, or are unable, to stay for 10 days. Then you have to eat something during that time. You could try to subsist on puffed wheat the whole time, but your body might not approve.

Some people don't get a week of vacation in the US, so they can't realize these value buys anyway. The average worker in America gets 12 days of vacation+sick time per year, so a good few are going to fall a bit under that. Europeans could make out like bandits on these things though, with nearly a month of vacation per year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think people are miscalculating just how many guests buy a 1 day ticket... it is much more than you may think...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I think people are miscalculating just how many guests buy a 1 day ticket... it is much more than you may think...
    While that might be true, that shouldn't be taking into consideration when setting prices.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    $45 a day, for 7 days, is still $315. Sure, you pay less per day, but you still pay a lot. Even if you find a room somewhere around $35 a night, you're out another couple hundred plus taxes/fees. We're talking about total expenditure. It doesn't matter that staying for 10 days gets you the best value/day if you can't afford, or are unable, to stay for 10 days. Then you have to eat something during that time. You could try to subsist on puffed wheat the whole time, but your body might not approve.

Some people don't get a week of vacation in the US, so they can't realize these value buys anyway. The average worker in America gets 12 days of vacation+sick time per year, so a good few are going to fall a bit under that. Europeans could make out like bandits on these things though, with nearly a month of vacation per year.
    All interesting, but for anything you buy any discretionary product anywhere it comes down to deciding whether you can afford it. If you can't you don't. Price increases will occur and the only real choice is how you deal with it.

There were many years in our early married life that we evaluated those Disney related costs and decided we couldn't afford it. So we did something else and had a great time. There are great non-Disney trips out there. And really, that's all price increases mean, evaluating whether you do that or do something else that can easily turn out great for what you can afford.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    While that might be true, that shouldn't be taking into consideration when setting prices.
    I am not sure what my comment had to do with setting/raising prices? People argue that Disney does not sell many one day tickets, so the price rising won't affect many guests when the opposite is actually true... This will affect MANY guests...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    All interesting, but for anything you buy any discretionary product anywhere it comes down to deciding whether you can afford it. If you can't you don't. Price increases will occur and the only real choice is how you deal with it.
    I'm just pointing out the flaws in the "over X number of days this isn't much of an increase" argument because there are going to be many people that are unable to spread it over those days to realize that value. It's apples and oranges, not apples and apples like some portray it as.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Mickey! View Post
    hoping they offer the same deal they did last year for the premium AP. that was awesome.
    With tax the DVC AP will be $494.16 1st time// $419.61 renewal. The premium AP will be $621.96 1st time //$552.74 renewal.

I'm hoping they run another special this year, too. It not only saved a bit of money but the ability to buy and have to the end of 2013 worked well too.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

What is the minimun # points one has to buy to get the DVC AP rate?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Price increases on everything are a fact of life although we'd all like no increases. For many years we did not go to Disney because it was too expensive. Now we can so we go. If it gets too expensive we won't again. It's the kind of decision you have to make about every non-essential expense.
    I think most of us are ok prices going up on things, it is a fact of life, my issue is that pricing has gone way beyond the rate of inflation.

You have to wonder when enough is enough, at some point there is going to be a bubble that pops and Disney is going to see a downfall in attendance. But what do the current decision makers care? They don't, because by the time their bad decisions come back to hurt Disney, they will be long gone.

My wife and I were just talking about maybe only taking our kids once instead of going every single year. At some point you have to say, enough is enough.

We didnt visit Disney this year........
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site