Quantcast Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary

I was unable to get the BOG reservation that I was hoping for so I decided to trade up our dinner at the MK for Chef Mickey's at the contemporary resort. I have never been here before. I know it is a character buffet, so my expectation is that the food will be buffet quality. That said, can anyone let me know if this is a great choice, fair choice or big mistake? Thanks...

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Our friends and family enjoyed It. It is a buffet but we all found things we like, no picky eaters in the group. The characters were very interactive with our group that ranged in age from 14 to 59. At one point the mouse himself came over and sat next to me as we were finishing up Our next trip in August we have an adr for dinner again. Looking forward to the grandson's reaction.
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thads View Post
    I was unable to get the BOG reservation that I was hoping for so I decided to trade up our dinner at the MK for Chef Mickey's at the contemporary resort. I have never been here before. I know it is a character buffet, so my expectation is that the food will be buffet quality. That said, can anyone let me know if this is a great choice, fair choice or big mistake? Thanks...
    I don't know that it a mistake. If you have young kids or young at heart you will have fun as there is always something going on.

The food is strictly buffet fare, but plenty of it.

At a minimum it is worth one try.

I have been there quite a few times with my kids and grand kids, but just for me I will not do it again. There a lot of other places I would rather eat at.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

The buffet at Chef Mickey's is the BEST in WDW! Chef Mickey's was our first buffet dinner and it really spoiled us; we have since eaten at several different buffets and been terribly disappointed! A friend of ours put it like this,"Chef Mickey's is a buffet on steriods!" It's just the best!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We've eat at CM's many times. This past year, we thought the food wasn't as good as previous years but we still enjoyed it. We think the best buffet meal is at the 1900 Park Fare and the characters are much better also....but that's just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

The food is so-so. Not bad by any means, but doesn't blow me away either. I think it's better at breakfast. But it is a great experience and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We have been there on each of our trips and had breakfast and dinner. I will agree that the breakfast buffet was the better of the two. Dinner isn't bad. I don't have picky eaters so we do well. We go mainly for the fun!

Post Thanks / Like

It is great for the atmosphere and the characters are wonderful. I thought there were many choices for pickey eaters but did not think the quality of the food was worth the hefty price. It was just ok. Overall, I say you have to do it once, it is a lot of fun!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

It's a must do each trip for this family!
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

It's a family tradition! We love it, even though are kids are mostly adults, we still do it. The food is very standard buffet fare, but there are a lot of choices! We go for the atmosphere, the fun...it's pure Disneyfied chaos. Try it at least once.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

We love Chef Mickey's. The food is pretty standard buffet fare, but we enjoy it. And the parmesean mashed potatoes are a favorite of mine. Mostlyl it's just a fun character interaction. I like to kick my trips off with a dinner at Chef Mickey's on arrival night.

Last trip it was just myself and DH and the characters were absolutely fantastic with us. Goofy doted on me (I may have let out a small squeal of excitement when he came to our table, he's a favorite), pulling me up out of my seat and getting down on one knee and kissing my hand before posing with me for a picture. The he pulled DH up off his seat and posed with him. Mickey pulled me up and took a picture with me and then pulled DH up and took a picture with him and then took the camera away from me and gave it to a CM and posed with both of us, which I never would have thought of doing. It was great.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

You are trading a sit down table service for a buffet style dinner. You don't state whether or not the character interaction is important in your decision or not.

Personally, with CM, its one and done for me. Even with 3 kids I doubt I'd do it again. Food was average at best and character interaction is pretty hectic (we thought).

I much preferred the buffet (hands down) over at the GF 1900 Park Fare and the characters there were great.

Its obviously personal preference, but I in no way understand when I read reviews that its the best buffet in the parks. Not even close for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thads View Post
    IMHO, I skip Chef Mickey's. I think it's very chaotic, rushed, and tends to be overbooked making it crowded. It's not worth the extra money for me. I highly recommend all of the other character dining experiences!
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at CMs last month, and enjoyed it. The setting it pretty cool, as I have always love the CR. The service was pretty good, much better than I was expecting based on other reviews. Our waiter was attentive, although rushed, he was nice. The food was not too bad, again much better than I had expected based on reviews. I thought there was a decent selection for everyone, and the dessert tower was delightful! I thought the character interaction was really good. They came through several times, and didn't feel rushed at all. I think its a good choice, but don't go in expecting the food is going to be super high quality or the decor to be fancy. In fact, it almost felt a little like a mall food court as far as atmosphere. But we still enjoyed it. Overall, I liked everything I ate, but wasn't blown away. I would go back.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: