Quantcast Is it time for Disney to offer "quiet" rooms?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Would you like the option of reserving a resort "quiet" room?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I would pay extra for it.

20 17.86%
  • Yes, but only if it's the same price as other comparable rooms.

30 26.79%
  • No, I simply request a room that's far from the pool or other resort activity.

24 21.43%
  • No, noise at the resorts doesn't bother me.

38 33.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it time for Disney to offer "quiet" rooms?

Reading through the "Never, ever again!" thread, I wondered whether Disney has ever considered offering "quiet" rooms to guests who want to avoid children at the resorts.

Most of the complaints seem to revolve around children or teens running around, screaming, crying or making other noise. It would seem to me they could offer these rooms to adults at a premium and people would pay it.

There are adults-only areas on cruise ships -- why not accommodations?

What do you think? Would you like the option of a "quiet" room and would you pay extra for it?
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, except for a few times when people have been going into their rooms late at night I don't remember a time when we were bothered by noise at WDW.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know how to vote with the selections offered.

When at WDW resorts you are always going to have kids running shouting, crying, laughing, and in general just having fun.

I have had situations where adults have stood outside our door laughing and talking loudly at about midnight. I had to get up and ask that they please quiet down, they left as they were not anywhere near their rooms.

I know it can be bothersome but it can be short lived and you can go back to sleep.

Don't worry be happy...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's quite, who's not?

I really don't see how you could enforce people staying in the quite area to be quite. And how can you stop people from staying in the quite rooms? Are you going to tell a couple with a baby they can't rent those rooms? Maybe they don't want anyone disturbing the baby in the middle of the night. How about families in general we all know how those teenagers can be. Or are these rooms going to have so much insulation in the walls that you can't hear any outside noise, like a fire alarm? I voted for staying away from the pool area. When I go to Disney I expect some noise. Usually its those darn kids/teenagers/adults who go running by my room at 6am, who just can't contain their excitement. I have taken to wearing ear plugs, using white noise, and occasionally getting up and joining in the excitement
    BTW last 2 times I stayed at CBR I had a courtyard view, it was lovely and very quite. I would get up early and take my phone, go sit on a bench for a while and make my calls. Then go for a walk around the resort and enjoy the scenery. I tend to get up early while others sleep in, so I know all about enjoying the quite. It is really peaceful at 6am in the courtyard
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Some hotels DO offer quiet rooms. We are staying at the Hyatt in MCO for one night this August and I was surprised to see a room option that is basically a "quiet room." The description indicates these rooms have enhanced soundproofing features so you can get work done or rest well with limited disturbance from noises. They cost $20 more than standard rooms.

I would welcome something similar at Disney Resorts. Adult Only areas would not necessarily be any more quiet. It's often rowdy adults that cause noise problems at hotels in my experience.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I ever really notice is when the door sort of slams shut behind someone (and I know I'm really guilty of it too at times). Wish there was a quieter way to shut the room door.
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I voted yes and would pay for it, just because I don't think it would be a bad option.
    However, I haven't had any issues with the "normal" noise at resorts so probably wouldn't use the option at this time.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I would totally pay extra for a quiet room. However, not because of any kid noise we have ever encountered, but because of adults who have a few too many and think that gives them the right to disrupt everyone elses enjoyment of the resort!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

i hate to come off sounding like a jerk. But you're at Disneyworld. It's an amusmemt park. i expect noise. I want noise. I want kids running around, and going swimming late at night, and coming in at all hours.
    I know it can get out of hand, but i guess in all my visits, i have just learned to go w/ it.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have no choice haha. My kids are young and will make noise.

Having an ASD child, I have a lot of noise tolerance.

However, I find a huge difference between irresponsible parents and a bratty child vs. a sick child, special needs child, or even just too young to console.

We vacationed to a time share in Williamsburg last year and our then 1 year old son got sick. He woke up crying multiple times a night and I tried everything I could to console him. He was just in pain. People called about us, complaining about the sound of footsteps because the only way he would rest is if I held him and paced the floor. I felt badly for our neighbors but some things you cannot control.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

My kids are grown and no longer go to WDW with us, however, I still enjoy the young ones enjoying themselves there. Yes, we have been woken up early with noise in the hallways because people do go to the parks earlier than we do but deal with it. If you expect to not hear children being noisy you're vacationing in the wrong place.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    I have no choice haha. My kids are young and will make noise.

Having an ASD child, I have a lot of noise tolerance.

However, I find a huge difference between irresponsible parents and a bratty child vs. a sick child, special needs child, or even just too young to console.

We vacationed to a time share in Williamsburg last year and our then 1 year old son got sick. He woke up crying multiple times a night and I tried everything I could to console him. He was just in pain. People called about us, complaining about the sound of footsteps because the only way he would rest is if I held him and paced the floor. I felt badly for our neighbors but some things you cannot control.
    I agree! I understand children being noisy - it is what they do - especially in Disney where excitement levels run so high. Parents who do nothing to control children who are acting up is another story.

I guess they COULD provide adults only sections in some of the resorts (at a price for sure) but even that won't help when the grown ups are clueless.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with others...how would this be guaranteed. What I expect from "quiet" may be different than the next persons "quiet". In other words how quiet. (Including wildlife, mouse keeping carts etc?)

For me the only truly bothersome noise is the slamming of the doors and the flushing of the toilets. (But that's also mild as well, either that or Im just used to it...or more willing to put up with it. )
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

The only resorts I have ever considered noisy were the value resorts we stayed in a couple of times. In particular All star Movies and Music. The way the buildings are built, voices echo off of them and the place is full of families with noisy kids and teens. I despise the value resorts and haven't stayed in them in over 10 years and never will again so it is a non-issue.

I don't remember ever having noise bother us at any of the Deluxe resorts but of course we usually don't get back to the room until late, often after midnight; and we leave by 9:00 AM in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

As I think back to the times when I've been bothered by noise, more often than not, the issue has been with adults rather than children. I remember the couple in the next room at the Poly who came home very late into the evening and promptly got into an argument loud enough and long enough that we needed to call security to end the noise. There was the family on the other side of the connecting door that found the game of open and slam their side of the connecting door to be a wonderful game. Of course, there were adults present there as well who couldn't figure out that those in the room next door might not enjoy this game as much. There were the grandparents in the room next to us at the Contemporary who seemed to think the kids were only having a wonderful time if they were literally bouncing off the walls, on the beds and screaming their joy at the top of their lungs without considering that others in the hotel might not enjoy the volume of their exuberance.

There has been the occasional crying baby but that's what babies do so I don't hold that against anyone. There is the occasional child who screams donw the hallway despite the parents best efforts to tone down the excitement - again, that's what kids do.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I've had a "noise" problem was our final night at Pop Century one trip. Some irresponsible person pulled the fire alarm in our building. Oh my gosh those things are deafening! The alarms obviously do their job because there is no way on Earth you can stay in your room when that thing is going off. Anyways, quiet room or not, if the fire alarm was going off, you'd be disturbed. Besides that, I guess I have just been lucky and not been near noisy guests.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Disney will ever offer something like this due to the enforcement issues people have mentioned above. I completely agree with the person who said that if you're expecting not to hear noisy children (and adults for that matter) then you've picked the wrong vacation spot. Not saying there aren't times when management needs to be called. Some people do create noise by behaving irresponsibly. But, I think that's the minority. Most noise is kids being kids or the whole family just enjoying their vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

I look at it as I'm in Disney and there will be noise. I've never minded the noise of the excitement of the children being there. That goes with the territory. What I do mind are the rowdy adults late at night after a few too many
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

The only hope for "quiet rooms" would be for Disney to build some soundproof rooms/doors/corridors. I had a very non-Disney thought and considered the possibility of an adults-only resort, but no doubt that might bring about an entirely different level of noise annoyance.

I propose that those who have problems with the noises produced by families, from infants to teenagers, might be better served vacationing somewhere other than Walt Disney World. There are plenty of quiet vacation locales, some in which you might not see other human beings at all. It is all part of the deal, to me, and I shouldn't be entirely surprised to find it at WDW. Hell-raising by a bunch of adults is not what I would expect at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that most of the comments so far are about not minding noise, or expecting it, or liking it, but most of the poll answers at this point show more people wanting the option than not.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: