Quantcast Biergarten?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Biergarten?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biergarten?

Please tell me what you think of the Biergarten. We are thinking about trying it our next trip but are unsure of the foods. Is it real heavy and fried? I don't want to be uncomfortable for the rest of the night if you know what I mean

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the Biergarten - it's one of our favorite dining places. It's a buffet so you can choose what you want if you don't want anything heavy. We're never uncomfortable when leaving there.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

The Biergarten is one of our must do's. The bufet should have something for everyone and the entertainment is great!
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

BelleBeauty Guest

We went for the first time last trip and I was surprised that it was not heavy and we didn't leave feeling too full. The buffet has a lot of authentic choices and some great desserts. The atmosphere is also great - and of course the beer

It is definitely on our list for next trip! Something I didn't know this time. We made our ADR around lunch time right when they opened and they didn't have a band playing or a lot of people there (we were there in November). That may be good or bad depending on your preferences, but we want to check it out with entertainment next time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a fun place! My kids love the band that plays polka music and we have even gone down to the dance flor and taken a few spins around! The food is decent. My husband, not at all thrilled with buffet food normally, just said the other day it was a place we could return to again because the food was dent there. Plenty of choices! I would go for lunch since it is less expensive and essentially the very same food as dinner (I believe there is one more meat at dinner). Also of note if you are not aware, tables seat 8 guests, so be prepared to sit with others.....sometimes a very fun and entertaining experience, sometimes awkward and quiet!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

It's our must do. I love the atmosphere and the first time we went we sat with two other groups and it was fine. When you go that restaurant you have to anticipate sitting with other people and if you don't like sitting with other people then you probably shouldn't make reservations at a place that has that possibility you know what I mean? Other people are there to have fun like you are so usually you will encounter friendly people. As far as the food, you can look at the menu online but I am not a fan of heavy fried food and I find plenty there to snack on. I love curry ketchup and they have schnitzel (which is like chicken patty) so kids can eat that. And if they don't eat a lot of food bc they are picky (which was the case with my BIL and niece) they can just fill up on their desserts!! they are know for having a wide variety of AWESOME desserts. I have to say we love it most for the experience. I always get me a big stein of the lighter ale, can't remember the name of it.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I always get me a big stein of the lighter ale, can't remember the name of it.
    Maybe Spaten Pils or Lager, Paulaner Lager, Dortmunder or Bitburger - all of those are light.

My take: it is German food. Yes, it IS heavy.

I like the advice about being seated with other guests. I'm fine with the arrangement, but the last 2 visits I have been seated with non English/Spanish speakers which made conversation a bit tough or families who came directly from a lecture on stoicism. I wanted to tell them "Hey, we're in Disney World! Maybe you could scowl less?" but I don't think that would have made things better. I made the best of it, but...

Oh, in case it isn't obvious from my comments, I like Biergarten.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

It's a buffet, so there are a lot of choices, not all of them heavy and fried. Some of them, yes. And it is German food which tends to be heavy in a lot of cases. Potato salads, sausages, wieners, some fried stuff, some really good desserts. I suppose it's all up to you what ratio of heavy to not heavy foods that you consume, but it borders on predominately heavy though not all or even mostly fried. The atmosphere is fantastic and the band is a lot of fun. This one made our "glad we tried it once" list. But we probably won't return.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Ok we are going to give it a try!
    Thanks for the replies

Post Thanks / Like

Are all of the entrees beef or pork? My sister doesn't eat mammel and I've wanted to try this place. I'm afraid, though, that there would be nothing for her to eat, ie chicken, turkey, etc.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Are all of the entrees beef or pork? My sister doesn't eat mammel and I've wanted to try this place. I'm afraid, though, that there would be nothing for her to eat, ie chicken, turkey, etc.
    I always get some of the chicken schnitzel

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I try to eat there at least once each trip. Last trip we did not b/c of her nephew.
    Our next trip will be just us and we will maybe do 2 dinners there. Never did lunch, I want my sauerbraten.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I also don't eat beef or pork. I was worried I wouldn't find a lot to eat, but I found plenty. It's on my list of favorites now.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen2006 View Post
    I also don't eat beef or pork. I was worried I wouldn't find a lot to eat, but I found plenty. It's on my list of favorites now.
    Thank you!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: