Quantcast Cbr

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cbr

Post Thanks / Like

Question Cbr

Have a trip planned for Aug 21-28. Had POR booked but in order to get the late summer deal I have to switch to CBR. Please let me know good and bad with this resort. Is this a quiet resort? Do the rooms have a relaxed feel ? I know its bigger but is it unmanageable? I will be travel with a child who has Asperger's , PDD, ADHD combined type.

And the food court?

Thanks in advance

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed there for quite a while but I did find the resort very relaxing. Love the island theme. It is large but Disney World is all about walking so it never really bothered me. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote this about Caribbean Beach Resort a few weeks ago:

I have a mixed opinion a out CBR. It's a beautiful resort, but location is really important here.

On our first stay, we were at Martinique; very close to Old Port Royale and the main pool. Buses were great. The resort is one of the largest, complete with an internal shuttle bus. The food court is fun. (I love eating breakfast outside, looking at the lake. There are plenty of recreational options. I'd stay there again.

On our most recent trip, however, we stayed at S. Trinidad (in a pirate-themed room). It was picturesque, like a private island, but that came with a price. We were far from Centertowne. Long walks from the store each night if we had packages to pick up or needed milk or something. And the morning buses were the worst. From our bus stop, we could see buses heading our way. But they'd usually be filled and, instead of coming to our bus stop, they'd turn over the bridge and exit the resort without coming to our stop.

One morning, bus after bus came to the bridge and turned to exit instead of coming to our stop. We saw one empty bus pass by, apparently being a bus-in-waiting. There was a CM at the stop every morning, monitoring buses. After 30 minutes without one coming to our stop, he radiod for the bus-in-waiting to come and we had our own private bus. This one didn't stop at any other bus stops. It took us straight to the Magic Kingdom. That would be the only caveat about staying there.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Yes CBR is very relaxing! The good court has lots of variety. I also had mixed feelings about this resort. The resort grounds are beautiful and the theming is great, however our room had AC issues and when we were moved the new one had the same issues.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Are you able to get a "preferred" location? Some of the buildings are a very long way from the pool and the food court, but we had a preferred and were really just steps away. I didn't personally like it as much as POR, but my husband liked it better, and my kids about the same ;-) The rooms are identical to those at POR aside from theming, which was restful. Where we were was certainly quiet - the evenings were lovely! Beautiful view over their little "bay" and sailboats, and my husband LOVED the white sand beach and the hammocks. Standard food court fare - certainly able to fill up when we ate on site. Busses pretty reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

We simply love CBR. The key really is to look at the map to see the proximity of certain "islands" to the food court/main pool area, bus stops, etc. to be sure you request what you want. Or if you want a more quiet area of the resort, or a pirate-theme room or whatever. You aren't guaranteed what you request of course, but there's so many choices, letting CMs know what you're looking for will help narrow down the options.

The buses can be difficult, again depending on the building you're in. There used to be more of a system to it, and you could predict, but I've found there's really no rhyme or reason anymore.

Anyway, if you like the beach, that tropical feel, steel drums, etc. you'll like CBR.

btw, my family loves POTC and Little Mermaid and this resort has a little bit of both.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I have a mixed opinion a out CBR. It's a beautiful resort, but location is really important here.

On our first stay, we were at Martinique; very close to Old Port Royale and the main pool. Buses were great. The resort is one of the largest, complete with an internal shuttle bus. The food court is fun. (I love eating breakfast outside, looking at the lake. There are plenty of recreational options. I'd stay there again.

On our most recent trip, however, we stayed at S. Trinidad (in a pirate-themed room). It was picturesque, like a private island, but that came with a price. We were far from Centertowne. Long walks from the store each night if we had packages to pick up or needed milk or something.
    I have to agree with this assessment. We've stayed here 3 times with a 4th trip booked for the end of June. Trinidad South was the worst location (also a Pirate-room). The buses weren't bad for us (in January) but we did feel very isolated from the rest of the resort. Martinique was great and Jamaica is a nice walk over the bridge (that's what we've requested for June).
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in Trinidad South and found the walk to the main building/commissary VERY doable and could walk there in about 5 minutes. We actually enjoyed the relaxing walk by the lake in the evenings. We were in building 35 and noise was never a problem. Our room was clean and what we expected.

We found the food to be good with a variety of choices - no complaints for a CS (it is what it is).

My daughter was about 11yo at the time (also has ADHD). She LOVED the main pool and could safely get all her energy out playing with other kids during our afternoon break. She used to be very shy so she loved being around other kids in that area and just "kid watching". children love that pool!

Good luck with your choice!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

We choose the standard room to save money for spending while at WDW. We do not mind a bit of walking to food court, pools, or bus stops.

Post Thanks / Like

Each island also has it's own pool which are generally quieter and less crowded than the main pool.

We stayed in T-South for our honeymoon and absolutely enjoyed it. I think only once or twice did we see another guest in our area, so it felt like having our own private resort at Disney World.

And one thing to remember, the resort bus runs clockwise around the resort. So you can walk up to Port Royale, but then you're the second bus stop leaving Port Royale.
    John

TBD - September 2015 -- Daughters' first trips
    Caribbean Beach -- Sep/Oct 2005 -- Honeymoon
    Caribbean Beach -- Nov 1991
    Disney Inn -- 1986

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: