Quantcast My Dining Reviews (VERY LONG)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Dining Reviews (VERY LONG)

I help my friends w/ their disney plans all time. I have a list of things they should see, and hidden things not many know about.
    So today i decided to review all the places i've eaten.
    I thought i'd share it on here.
    I realize it may be very long, but some of you might enjoy it.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom
    Cinderella Castle Breakfast
    Times visited-2
    I ate here twice and both times I thought how awesome it would have been to come here when my sister and I were kids to see the smile on my sister’s face. But then again, visiting this w/ my sister as an adult, it was still fun to see her smile. After checking in you wait in line for a picture w/ Cinderella. I believe that your picture is included w/ the price and you can order extra prints if you desire. Then you are taken upstairs for your breakfast. It is a table buffet. If I remember right there are two types of breakfast you can order and they deliver it to you. You can then order more as you desire. Periodically there is a bugle call and it is announced that Cinderella and her guests will be visiting. Then Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, and some of the other princesses will come out and mingle amongst you taking pictures and visiting.
    The food is really good, especially the stuffed French Toast. The atmosphere is excellent and you get some really good views from the castle walls.
    One added bonus is you can make a reservation before the park opens. This allows you entrance to the park before the crowd. Arrive early and you can take a nice walk down Main Street w/o the crowds and get some really good pictures w/o people getting in the way.
    Plan to make this reservation very early it sells out quickly. I usually try to book this the first day we’re there, it’s just a nice way to kick off your vacation.

Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
    Times Visited -1
    This is also a character breakfast w/ the characters of Pooh and his friends who are always roaming around playing w/ the guests and taking pictures.
    The highlight is made to order Omelets. The food is typical of what you would expect. It’s good, but not as good at the Castle. It’s a breakfast bar that you walk through.
    It has a great variety of rolls and cereals.
    I do recommend reservations, but it’s not nearly as difficult as the Royal Castle to book. As well as the castle it is nice to book before the park opens so you can take come cool pictures.

Liberty Tavern (Dinner)
    Times Visited-1
    When we visited here I have to admit it was rainy toward the end of one of our trips, and none of us were in a very good mood, not happy about having to leave the next day.
    But this put us in a much better mood. It’s themed as the name would suggest as a dining place that the fathers of our country might eat at. The food is meat and potatoes. I good old fashioned all-American meal. I loved the whole theming. It’s very warm, friendly and inviting.
    The food is very good, and it’s nice to get away for a bit from the bustle and just have this great meal w/ your friends and family.

Tony’s
    Times Visited-5
    I have visited here w/ my sister and friend and also w/ my gf and Son.
    I have heard a few not like this place and I don’t understand it. As you can see by the times I’ve been there, I’m a fan.
    The foot is just awesome. The pasta is very tasty and I’ve had the steak and it is always perfectly prepared. It’s nice enough for romance but not so upscale that you can’t bring children. My son is a very picky eater and he loved the food here.
    It is themed after Lady and the Tramp.
    The waiters are very good and keep the atmosphere pleasant. They will sing in Italian for your b-day. (Also don’t be on the phone when you’re there. I was talking on the phone to my mom and a few tables from me I saw a waiter grab the phone from a young lady and say kind of loudly into the phone “she’s on vacation! Leave her alone” I quickly and quietly told my mom “I gotta go” and hung up!)
    It’s nice because it’s at the front of the park so it’s a nice place to eat on your way out, or a nice place to eat as you enter the park.
    We try to time it so that we can eat and then step out to make the short walk to Main Street to watch the fireworks.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom
    Tusker House (breakfast and Lunch)
    Times Visited-Breakfast-2 times. Lunch-2 times
    This is a buffet.
    As it is w/ the Crystal Palace and Royal Breakfast, this is a good place to book for breakfast so you can enter the park early (be prepared when you enter Animal Kingdom early is smells very bad, not sure why that is, but it is really bad early in the morning)
    Both the breakfast and lunch are hosted by Donald and he has the other 4 main characters with him (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy). You start out w/
    This is a buffet and it is awesome. There is plenty to choose from and I have had nothing that wasn’t fantastic.
    If you eat lunch there and plan it correctly it is also a nice place to step out and watch the parade.
    If you eat early enough when you finish you can go directly to the safari which isn’t very far away.
    If you schedule during the opening of the park you can also grab a fast pass for the safari before you eat. This park is perfectly located, kind of in the middle and you can get where you’re going quickly after your meal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios
    50’s Prime Time Café (Dinner)
    Times visited-1
    I love this place, the theming is awesome.
    Basically you’re eating in a 50’s café w/ old time TV shows on the TV and the servers are your very strict uncle, aunt, cousin, or another relative. Lol. they lay down some very strict rules-No elbows on the table, eat all your vegetables, no talking back , and if you don’t follow you will be punished by either being called out loudly to other guests, told to stand in the corner or “mom” may even come to let you have it. Lol. If you don’t eat your vegetables, don’t be surprised when they are returned to you for dessert w/ whipped cream and a cherry on top of them.
    It’s all in good fun and I really enjoyed our dinner. Of course my sister was the tattle tale and told our aunt that my friend and I were talking back to her.
    The food is basic food you’d expect from a café-Pot roast, meat loaf, mashed potatoes, etc. It’s good, but I wouldn’t return for the food, but I will for the experience.

The Brown Derby (Lunch w/ an Imaginer)
    Times visited-4 times-
    If you love Disney, then you cannot miss this. It is always the highlight of my trip.
    When you go they will give you a quick history of the restaurant and the theming. It is themed after the Brown Derby in Hollywood where all the famous people ate. You are then led back to a private room where you have lunch with 8-10 guests and an imaginer. The lunch is awesome. You have a great soup, lots of bread, a fantastic Cobb salad (made famous at the Brown Derby), then a selection of entrée’ and for desert either Crème Brule or Grape Fruit Cake (Much better than it sounds). The meal itself is worth the price. But then for the next couple hours or so you can ask the imaginer anything you want (they may not answer, or be able to answer, but you can ask). It’s is very informative.
    It is probably my favorite thing to do during a visit. Please, if you love Disney, and because you are on this board and you’ve read this far, I’m sure you are, book as soon as you can (it may be sold out but keep checking, this is one that I’ve called and it’s been booked but called back and gotten it, people drop out every now and then for some reason).

Sci Fi Diner-Dinner
    Times Visited-1
    I will say that there are only 2 places I’ve eaten at Disney I would not return, and this is one of them.
    The theme is kind of cool; you eat in a car watching old sci fi movies.
    They are very small so if you have any weight problem, you will not fit in the car.
    The food was very average. The best thing I can say is it has excellent shakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot

EPCOT-
    Coral Reef-Dinner
    Times visited-5 times
    I have to say this is one of my favorites. Kids will love it.
    The restaurant is very cozy and painted in a blue that matches w/ the huge aquarium that you eat in front of. Now I will say that I felt a little uncomfortable eating in front of the aquarium and wondering if I was eating one of the fish’s relatives. LOL.
    If you have time wait out a seat by the glass, it is very entertaining watching the fish. I have never had a bad experience here.
    The food is awesome and has a lobster soup that is, and I don’t say this often, “to die for”.
    This is also a great place for special events as you can request a diver to swim w/ a sign wishing a happy birthday, anniversary, or even a wedding proposal. (Funny story. My sister and were eating and a diver came up w/ a sign saying “will you marry me”? We were very confused and looked behind us and the staff was pointing to the table next to us, as he had gone to the wrong table).

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall-Breakfast
    Time’s Visited-3 times
    If you can’t get a breakfast at the castle this is more than just a back-up. Personally I like this better than the Castle. Your host is Belle and all the princess will come around taking pictures and visiting.
    They start w/ an awesome breakfast bar filled w/ fresh fruit, cheeses, lox, and fresh salmon.
    Then you get a nice table buffet.
    You will get a package w/ your pictures and an opportunity to purchase more.
    One thing to note is Cinderella is not at this breakfast, but many of the other princesses do appear.
    The food might be a little better than the Castle.
    Again, this is good to book before the park opens so you can get in and take some nice pictures w/o the crowds or any rush.

Chefs de France-Lunch
    Times Visited-1
    This is the other that I wouldn’t go back to.
    I have heard lots of people love it, and maybe I just had a bad experience.
    I thought the service was horrible.
    I had the salmon and I’ll be honest, I have had salmon at home that I bought in a bag and microwaved that I thought was better than the salmon I had there.
    The others in my party actually agreed w/ me so maybe it was just us.
    I will say this; they had a desert tray that was very good.

San Angel Inn-Dinner
    Times visited-3 times
    I love this place. Great atmosphere. Tucked away in the back of the Mexico pavilion. You can browse through the market as you wait for your table. You can watch the ride go by.
    It feels like a nice night in Mexico. It’s dark and you really get a nice calming feel. Maybe a little too dark and it’s hard to read the menu, but that’s why you have the candles on the table.
    The food is about as close as you can get to Mexican without going to the middle of Mexico.
    All things considered, the atmosphere, dining experience, food, surroundings, this is one you should not miss.

Le Cellier-Dinner
    Times visited-1
    I know I’m supposed to love this, and I know that it is everyone favorites and I did like it a lot, but I wasn’t totally blown away. The atmosphere was great, tucked away in Canada.
    I thought the soup was very good, and the steak was perfectly prepared.
    Maybe the fact it was so crowded inside and outside put me off a bit. I felt a little rushed, like they wanted me to eat and go so they could get more customers.
    I guess the thing is for me it’s hard to mess up steak, loll. So yes, it was very good, and I would definitely go back, but it’s not a priority for me.

Restaurant Marrakesh-dinner
    Times visited-2 times
    This is one of my favorites and not just because of the belly dancing. Lol.
    First of all it is tucked way back in Morocco so it’s away from the crowds. The service is one of the best I’ve had. They are so attentive to every detail. If you’re on the dining plan they make up their own rules and allow you an appetizer as well as a desert.
    The food was so fresh and tasty. I had no idea what I was eating but it was so tasty and I could literally taste it most of the night.
    I want to emphasis one thing. I have worked in customer service in some capacity since I was 13 when I sold TV Guides door to door so I am a heckler for customer service, I can accept bad service because I know that people sometimes have bad days. That doesn’t mean I will go back to the place, but I understand it. But I LOVE good customer service and the service here goes beyond exceptional.

Tutto Italia-Dinner
    Times visited-1
    I can‘t say much about this one. It was very good.
    The food was very tasty and perfectly prepared. The service was excellent.
    I do like Tony’s better, but this was awesome.

Teppan Edo-Dinner
    Time’s visited-1
    I love Japanese food and I love the whole sitting around while it is prepared around you. I was excited about this one, and I was a little disappointed. The food was awesome, but being Disney, I was expecting more of a show by the chef.
    It is very well themed, the food was so good, but Japanese food usually is. One thing that kind of bothered me is our waitress was very typical Japanese and had a Japanese accent and seemed couldn’t speak very good English. Then I went to the restroom and she was in the back talking on her cell in clear as day English. And that kind of bothered me. Now that is my fault, I understand that she wasn’t doing anything wrong, but it just kind of took away a little magic for me.
    Now don’t be scared off. The food is awesome and I would definitely go back, I was just looking for something more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Other places

Other places-
    Boma-Animal Kingdom Lodge-Dinner
    Times visited-1
    I think everyone should go here if for no other reason to see The Animal Kingdom lodge if you haven’t.
    It’s a buffet and the atmosphere is very nice, but it is very hectic.
    For me the highlight was the soups. They have all kinds of soups. The food was awesome, a great variety.
    Lots of deserts. Way too much to eat!
    Get there early and stay late and enjoy the atmosphere of not only the restaurant but the Lodge.

Flying Fish-Boardwalk-Dinner
    Times visited-1
    Not one of my favorites. For me the atmosphere is awesome, the food was excellent, but it was very overpriced. Its’ a nice place to have a nice dinner but there are other places I’d rather go.

Chef Mickey’s-Contemporary Resort-Dinner
    Times visited-1
    This is definitely for the kids.
    It is a buffet w/ all your favorite characters that mingle w/ the guests. It will be hard to get your kid to stay seated to eat. Lots of opportunities for pictures.
    The food was ok. A little disappointed, but it’s your typical buffet food.

‘Ohana-Polynesian- Dinner
    Times visited-4 times
    Ok. Let me put it this way, this is not my favorite meal at Disney, it’s my favorite meal anywhere, period.
    Everything about this place is perfect. It’s easy to get to from the Magic Kingdom.
    The setting is beautiful. They put on a small show w/ the kids so they can interact w/ a hula girl. You can see the meat cooking. If you’re lucky you can get a window and watch the fireworks over the castle. The food, oh my goodness, the food. There’s bread, noodles, salad, wings, veggies, and that’s just to start. Then they bring out the meat. Steak, turkey, pork, chicken, Shrimp….and I mean huge shrimp. And it’s as much as you want. Everything is cooked perfectly. Ok, I’m getting hungry thinking about it….for desert bread pudding… yes, you may not have room, make room cause that is incredible too. I would never miss a chance to eat there when I visit.

8. Likes HoosierDisneyFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking the time to review your favorites and not so favorites!
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reviews. I have eaten in most of the places you wrote about. I did not like the Brown Derby and would not eat there again. I am a picky eater though. The Sci-Fi is one of the best themed places to eat in all of DW. Yes, the food is average. The 50's Prime Time looks like someones kitchen from the 50's. Can someone tell me why they show clips of the Dick Van Dyke show in the Prime Time Cafe when the show was made in the 60's??
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking the time to write these reviews. It will help us decide for December.
    1990 - CBR
    1998 - Disney Institute
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2003 - Land and Sea - CBR
    2004 - CBR
    2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2012 - Art of Animation-Nemo
    2013 - Art of Animation- Lion King
    2014 - Star Wars Weekends - Pop Century
    2015 - Aulani
    2016 - POFQ
    2017 - POFQ Again

Post Thanks / Like

Great reviews! I've never thought to list out all the places we've eaten at, and how many times. But now I really want to.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the considerable amount of time it took to compose these reviews. They are some of the most thorough, thoughtful and well written dining posts i've seen on Intercot.

Though i do not share your enthusiasm for Tony's, i believe your opinions are accurate and well stated. By the way, you really have me wanting to go back to 'Ohana now!

Post Thanks / Like

enjoyable reviews! i was glad to see you like the Coral Reef! i love it there. other people in my usual traveling group don't. i don't understand that!

i'm trying Chefs de France for the 1st time in a couple weeks. fingers crossed!!!

thanks again!!! very enlightening.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, you really have me wanting to go back to 'Ohana now!

Me too! I just booked it for September.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for anyone who is worrying about the Sci Fi - I was (WAS!!!) over 300 pounds when we went in September, and although it was a tad squishy I DID "fit".

Post Thanks / Like

depends on where your weight is. I was 275 and did not fit. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. I am not a fan of SciFi but it's one of DH's choices this trip. I'd rather not waste a DDP ADR there, but it's his choice, and everyone in the family gets to choose. Oh well at least I can order a shake!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Your reviews were fun and informative, thanks. I have differing opinions on some, but that's what's great about having so many choices.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that lunch with an imagineer is something we should look into at some point.

Thanks for your reviews.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this is a great post. Thank you for your thorough reviews

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: