Quantcast Ellen's Universe of Energy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ellen's Universe of Energy

With all the times my family and I have been to Epcot we have never done visited this attraction. I was wondering if we've been missing anything?

Is it a ride or show? About how long is it and is it worth putting on our list of do's for this upcoming trip
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a humorous show that I believe needs to be done at least once on a trip... However if you don't have enough or don't think that you can fit it in, then it is nothing to worry about.
    My family does it and they fall asleep just because its chilly and extremely dark in the attraction.
    It is basically a 45 minute show that you ride through with Bill Ni ( I really don't know how to spell his name) telling Ellen about energy. It's humorous at some points but nothing major.
    If you miss it, don't worry about it

Have fun on your trip, and I hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

We love that ride/show, but it is pretty long.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and DD rate it 100% for nap value: Dark, cool, moving, off your feet! Second only to Spaceship Earth to them.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

It is a ride and a show. I've always thought it is a must see at Epcot, at least once. It is a long attraction, but it's fun and the ride through the Dinosaur portion of the ride is very detailed and one of the few remaining original parts of Epcot (except for the animatronic Ellen). I think everyone should see it once.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

We like to time it so we miss as much of the preshow as we can. We've been on the ride so much that we don't need to sit through the long story setup. The ride is a little dated, but we always enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're anything like me & my family, you're going be saying, "Stupid Judy!" for the rest of your life. You'll see.

Aside from that, I agree w/ everyone in that it's dated but humorous. Worth the little break where you can sit inside and just relax. Definitely worth seeing.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

You should try it at least once. I like it, but it hasn't been updated in years and the first part of the attraction is very long video with Ellen. I mean, long like 45 minutes or something. Too long in my opinion. We haven't went on it in years now because we feel it takes up too much of our time. I'll be back to visit it when they update it.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely do it at least once. It's hard to do more than that because it is so long (45 minutes or so) but well worth a visit. There's a cute/funny preshow, then a ride through, then you sit through an energy movie (which usually makes me sleepy, but it isn't really bad). The ride through is really cool, but 45 minutes is a lot of time to spend in one attraction. You are comfortably seated through most of it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If I am there at a particularly hot and humid time of year I try to time it as a nice break during the hottest part of the day. It's about 45 minutes, but it goes by quickly. It's funny and educational and everyone likes dinosaurs!
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the few things left in Future World that reminds me of what it once was (yet, it is only a shadow of the original). I would miss Test Track and Soarin' for a ride on this, personally. The whole family can go.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, the original version was an educational experience not to be missed, but since they added Ellen, it was turned into more of a joke.
    I used to go in the newer show until both DW and I became disabled. Now they will not let us in with our scooters, but in the past, scooters were allowed in. I don't know why they changed, but I don't like it.
    BTW, DW and I are both too big for the toy wheelchairs the provide.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the rest of the posts. It is dated but humorous. We do it every time we are down. It's a great way to get off your feet and relax.
    1990 - CBR
    1998 - Disney Institute
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2003 - Land and Sea - CBR
    2004 - CBR
    2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2012 - Art of Animation-Nemo
    2013 - Art of Animation- Lion King
    2014 - Star Wars Weekends - Pop Century
    2015 - Aulani
    2016 - POFQ
    2017 - POFQ Again

Post Thanks / Like

My girls were huge dinosaur fans so it was always a must. Now not so much and with Wonders of Life closed we don't go to that section of EPCOT.
    Nice place to get out of the heat and relax and worth going to at least once.

Found it interesting that Ellen mentioned on her show she has never been to that attraction. Seems like she would be curious to see it...
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I usually do this once a trip when I need to get off my feet and into the air conditioning for a while. It's fun and funny and a nice 45-minute diversion. Recommended.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

What you have missed is NOTHING! OK, maybe you missed out on a nap. It's 45 minutes of really really really bad comedy. It tries to implement a story on energy, but Ellen fails to make it very interesting. I find myself rooting for the dinosaurs to eat her about 30 minutes in. With everything to do at Epcot, you can continue to skip this one. I've hit it once out of our 7 trips. It'll never happen again unless they change it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said, if you've never done it before, it's worth doing at least once. We think it's cute, but don't shoot for it on every trip. As long as you're aware how long it is, you can plan for it. Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said, it's dated. There are dark portions of the attraction that may frighten young children, but it isn't scary. I usually take our younger ones through while my husband takes the older ones to Mission Space. It is a great option mid afternoon in July when it's hot and humid.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I like the preshow as much as the ride itself. It is very interesting but the actual ride is very slow moving. And of course the ending is very funny.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

My boys and I love it!! My 6.5 year old is very science oriented so he can't miss it!
    The only time we don't catch it is when my MIL goes with us because she won't see if for religious reasons.
    I must be a geek though, because I chuckle every time!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: