Quantcast Coronado Springs opinions - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

CSR is my fav! Love the feel of being in Mexico and Disney.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Excited to try this one out next month. Adult only trip....

Post Thanks / Like

Since it is the first resort at which we stayed on property it is our sentimental favorite.

It is picturesque, well-themed, with great food and activity options. The Pepper Market seems to be a love-it or hate-it destination; we love it. The Maya Grille is an excellent dining option. Their main pool, The Dig Site, is quite large and never seems too crowded.

If I had a drawback it would be the convention center. All those conventioneers, focusing on work, can take you out of your Disney-induced stupor.

We plan on staying there in 2014 and I can't wait to return.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Another big thumbs-up for CSR - we have enjoyed several stays there. It's quiet, well-themed, and we really like to food choices (especially the Pepper Market).

Post Thanks / Like

Love Coronado Springs! It would be my resort of choice, as far as the moderates and several of the deluxes too. My favorite area would also have to be the Cabanas. During my last stay there I was in building #8B and it was ideal--a short walk to main buildings and with a sandy beach and quiet pool right around the corner from my room.

I do have to say that while I am not a fan of the setup for the Pepper Market, I do think the variety and quality of the food there is usually very good.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We love Coronado Springs! It's beautiful, relaxing and convenient to all Parks. The busses were never crowded and we never waited a long time. The bus stops are also some of the closest at the Parks! The pool was never very crowded.( We were there in the summer.) Enjoy!!

Post Thanks / Like

My next trip is scheduled for CS. A few years ago, my wife and I stayed at both POFQ and CS. POFQ was, at that time, my favorite moderate; but my wife much preferred CS. It seemed much fresher. The grounds are gorgeous. I like Pepper Market, but haven't tried Maya Grill (perhaps this coming trip). It's a bit farther out for bus-riders, but I have a car at WDW, so I don't mind (I can't really speak to how well the bus system works from CS). Overall, I like CS a lot and hope to say the same thing when I get back.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. Personally, I loved the Pepper Market. It let my wife and I get completely different food quickly and easily.

I thought the overall resort has a great atmosphere. The bar on the waterfront is very relaxing and the Mayan pyramid pool is one of my favorites.
    Next Up: 2015-10 BWI/Fantasy Cruise
    2015-04 CBR
    2014-10 POFQ
    2014-01 DLH
    2013-04 WL
    2012-10 POLY Honeymoon with Goofy89
    2011-09 - CSR
    2011-01 - BLT
    2009-01 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I stayed October 27th through November 3rd. We stayed here in 2011 and really liked it, so we came back for another week at the Food & Wine Festival.

Our random thoughts/comments:

1) Took a while to check-in. The young lady was training. Quite pleasant.

2) We had requested a room (king bed) in Casitas 5. We wound up in in Casitas 4446 facing the parking lot. When told that that our request could not be granted, a supervisor came over and apologized several times.

3) Room was clean and comfortable. A bit dark and the lighting needs to be improved. Plenty of hot water and a high enough shower head were a plus. We stocked our fridge. Really a nice location - close enough to El Centro with the gym and laundry in the same building.

4) Laundry is expensive - $2.75 to wash and $2.75 to dry.

5) The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Fountains and lights were working and maintenance done daily.

6) The stairways and outer hallways were in rough shape. Desperately need a good cleaning and painting. The elevators were beat and scratched up as well.

7) A really great location if you have a car. Once we got our bearings, it was easy to get to any park or hotel. We did find that there are very few signs that actually mention CSR by name.

8) The buffet at the Pepper Mill was quite a pleasant surprise. All you-can-eat buffet with fresh fruit, pastries and a made to order omelet station. $14.99 for adults or 1 QS meal. We understand that this option no long exists.

9) This year we found our how this pleasant peaceful resort can change when a convention of 3,500 life insurance agents from around the world descend. The last two days the resort was frenetic and any place to get food or drink was overwhelmed.

10) We really liked and used the free refillable resort mug.

We truly like staying here and will do so next year as well. Even with the large convention, we still had a great stay and found it a great place to relax and recharge.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: