Quantcast HS Star Wars Weekends, parades, characters, what else?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default HS Star Wars Weekends, parades, characters, what else?

Can those of you who have been give us some insight on making the most of our day. Anything else Star Wars to see or do besides, parades, Jedi Training, characters... any tips will be great!
    Animal Kingdom 1999
    April 2006 (ASM)
    Going back Spring 2013 SWW!! (Boardwalk)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That about covers it. There's only 1 parade and it is PACKED so make sure you get a spot early. Also, the Hyperspace Hoopla in the evening is very funny and worth seeing.

The other big thing is the souvenir tent. It's down by Rock N Roller Coaster. Keep in mind it can, literally, take 2 hours to get inside. Either go there immediately upon opening or late in the evening. While you can get various souvenirs around the park, that tent has all the exclusive stuff plus there is usually at least 1 really rare character inside (last year it was Luke Skywalker with R2 and C3PO).

Finally, bring a ton of patience with you. SWW is very crowded and means waiting and waiting and waiting, but it's a lot of fun.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

What time is the Parade....don't want to miss and I'm there with my 4 year old grandson the very first day...and we have fantastic package for that night...long day indeed! Does the tent have anything unique for 7 and under...or all adult collectibles ? I also want to take him to catch the end of the flower and garden show, so he can play on their playground. We are at the BCV beginning Thursday the 16th.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Last year the parade was at 12:40. Haven't seen a schedule yet this year, but that time has been pretty consistent.

Most of the stuff in the tent is for your serious hard-core Star Wars fanatics. The stuff young kids would like you can probably find in the ride gift shop. I certainly wouldn't wait in that extremely long line for a young child. If you hit it in the evening it's sometimes less crowded and you can look around then.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Something cool for a 4 year old boy that we saw last year was a pod racer or something like that. Sorry my husband and son are the fans. Someone please feel free to correct me bc im sure I'm wrong. Anyway, whatever its called is across from the store in the turn right before SciFi on the right. Last year there was a line and they let kids get on this thing and take pictures.i think there was a disney photographer there. Also, he can build a droid in the shop or a lightsaver (you can do this all the time just thought I would mention it) Also, just watching the Jedi Training Academy if very exciting. Im not sure the age requirement but I know you have to get there first thing for your child to participate.
    Like others have said the parade is very crowded! We didnt realize it and luckily found a spot for my son to stand on a wall over by Staring Rolls. From what we saw it was very good.
    We didnt have any issues getting in the tent with the merchandise. But there was a line to check out. Really cool stuff in there! My son was 8 and we got him an adult shirt. There was limited childrens shirts available.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

For the characters, you are going to need to bring a lot of patience (for many of the locations, the characters rotate. So the one you get in line for may not be the one you wind up meeting)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Last year the parade was at 12:40. Haven't seen a schedule yet this year, but that time has been pretty consistent.
    I haven't seen anything or even looked yet, but has a replacement been announced for the "Pixar Pals" parade yet? If not, there might not even be a parade at Studios just yet to replace the "Pixar" parade.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    I haven't seen anything or even looked yet, but has a replacement been announced for the "Pixar Pals" parade yet? If not, there might not even be a parade at Studios just yet to replace the "Pixar" parade.
    No, nothing announced yet, but that shouldn't impact the Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade parade. I don't think they did the Pixar Pals parade on SWW anyway.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

If you are interested, you can get a fastpass to meet a Star Wars celebrity. This is one of the things my youngest son has enjoyed. We have collected several autographs from various actors over the years. It can really be a thrill for serious and casual fans alike.
    This year will not be an excpetion, as we are heading down for weekend 2!

The celebrity list was still incomplete when i last checked. What weekend will you be there? I'll post the info if you are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    If you are interested, you can get a fastpass to meet a Star Wars celebrity. This is one of the things my youngest son has enjoyed. We have collected several autographs from various actors over the years. It can really be a thrill for serious and casual fans alike.
    This year will not be an excpetion, as we are heading down for weekend 2!

The celebrity list was still incomplete when i last checked. What weekend will you be there? I'll post the info if you are interested.
    We will be there 5/17 -19. If you would post the list that would be great, Thanks!!
    Animal Kingdom 1999
    April 2006 (ASM)
    Going back Spring 2013 SWW!! (Boardwalk)

Post Thanks / Like

The weekend 1 hosts are Ashley Eckstein and James A. Taylor. Ashley is the voice of Ahsoka, and James is the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the animated Clone Wars series.

Ray Park, who played Darth Maul inThe Phantom Menace, is the highlighted celebrity. In addition to giving autographs, Ray sometimes also hosts a late afternoon show where he demonstrates his martial arts. Some kids get onstage with him too. It's a fun show. Get in line early.

And speaking of getting in line early...
    Normally there is more than one celebrity actor. If Ray ends up being the only one, fastpasses for meeting him will go fast. The Studios open at 8. You may need to be in line 2 hours before that.
    May The Force be with you! Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Same lineup as last year for the first weekend. At least I don't have to worry about getting their autographs. I had hoped for someone different, but my boys will enjoy seeing Ray again.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are in luck. Jeremy Bulloch, Boba Fett, has announced he will be attending weekend 1 as well. The announcement has come directly from him, not Disney. But as we all know, Disney is much slower to announce things like this. So, i think it's pretty safe to assume it's true.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: