Quantcast Beach Club, Im not missing anything am I?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club, Im not missing anything am I?

We are 4 adult guys that do a drinking/golf trip every year. This year there will only be three of us. We have one prima-donna but the other two are "splash water on my face, put on a hat, and hand me a cocktail" types.

We are seriously considering moving from 2 rooms at POP to one at Beach Club for the 3 night trip.

I am small so the day bed will work for me. We spend 50% of our time in EPCOT and 30% at DHS.

I know the cost will be more but with an expected AP discount probably not outside our budget.

Question? Can 3 grown men make it 3 nights at Beach Club in one room without killing each other?

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great plan to me. You may want to consider YC over BC as it can be a little quieter. Plenty of room for 3 given you are just sleeping and getting ready. Crews Cup lounge is nice at Yacht Club -- better than Martha's Vineyard at BC. Belle Vu lounge at Boardwalk is an easy walk, ESPN club if there is a game on you need to see. Great pool of course and the waitstaff at Hurricane Hanna's will bring a cold one to you. Lots of good restaraunts within an easy walk. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent plan!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you reserve a room with a day bed...and they will charge you more for an extra adult
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slottedpig View Post
    Sounds like a great plan to me. You may want to consider YC over BC as it can be a little quieter. Plenty of room for 3 given you are just sleeping and getting ready. Crews Cup lounge is nice at Yacht Club -- better than Martha's Vineyard at BC. Belle Vu lounge at Boardwalk is an easy walk, ESPN club if there is a game on you need to see. Great pool of course and the waitstaff at Hurricane Hanna's will bring a cold one to you. Lots of good restaraunts within an easy walk. Enjoy.
    I also think you should go with Yacht Club rather than Beach Club. I prefer getting a drink at Crew's Cup. It just has a better vibe to it. Yacht Club is a bit quieter and a bit masculine, but not overly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Make sure you reserve a room with a day bed...and they will charge you more for an extra adult
    Yes, remember to figure in the cost of the per night charge for the extra adult.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

FO Sure!!
    Sounds like a blast!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It will work if you get a daybed room. What if you don't? With only 3 people on the reservation, it's not guaranteed, only a request.

I'd go with the YC as well, for a group of guys. It's more "manly" in theme.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The rooms are roomy. Three guys should feel as tho they had enough room.

How early is your arrival? An early arrival might help ensure a room with a day bed. An air mattress might be handy in case you can't get a day bed room. Perhaps you can ship an air mattress to the resort, if you won't have a car.

The Yacht Club might be a few steps further from Epcot but it is a few steps closer to the walk to DHS (over the bridge toward the Boardwalk). We stayed at the Boardwalk last month and found the walk to be an easy stroll of less than 20 minutes.

The ESPN Club would be a bit closer to the Beach Club while the Brew Pub at the Boardwalk is closer to the Yacht Club. (We enjoyed their beer sampler at lunch one day.)

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Beach Club would be my suggestion. Closer to Epcot/ESPN (less of a crawl home). They are both fancy pants resorts and I would call neither "manly" myself. Although I will agree Crews Cup is a better hangout. Hmmm... Its only a few yards apart so no biggie.

I dont remember if you can walk around that side to JellyRolls and that brew works place.

You will have fun that is for sure.
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great location, but for a similar price, or less, you might be able to get a suite style room at the Dolphin or Swan with a pull-out couch bed vs the day bed. Those day beds are small. You might not sleep all that well, but it might be worth it for a short trip and the location. You get a lot more park time in, especially at World Showcase, when you're right there just a walk or boat ride away.

Dolphin/Swan are home to lots of conventions, so the lobby bars are always hopping and there are clubs there, too, like Kimonos for karaoke. Dolphin/Swan participate in EMH and use Disney transportation, but charge a valet fee per day if you're parking a car and they don't participate in Disney's Magic Express service.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Based uon the above it looks like the BC is going to be the place.

Thaks to all for your suggestions and help!

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Your request for a daybed would most likely happen at the Beach Club. Yacht Club doesn't have as many and try to save those rooms that have 5 people. Yacht Club is the only place I requested a daybed and didn't get it. It is a great place to stay but there is nothing wrong with the Beach Club either. Love being behind Epcot.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

Beach club is my favoritest ever! You are missing something by not staying there for sure. I dont understand quieter at YC though. It is a decision purely based off of taste of decor. They share the same pool, restaurants, everything. You are free to mingle the entire sister resorts and I have never experienced ANY noise what so ever staying at the beach club, so I'm not sure what is "quieter" at YC other than the lobby and who spends any time in the lobby hanging out? Either way, you can't go wrong choosing one or the other. Their pool is definitely the one to hang out in.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    Beach club is my favoritest ever! You are missing something by not staying there for sure. I dont understand quieter at YC though. It is a decision purely based off of taste of decor. They share the same pool, restaurants, everything. You are free to mingle the entire sister resorts and I have never experienced ANY noise what so ever staying at the beach club, so I'm not sure what is "quieter" at YC other than the lobby and who spends any time in the lobby hanging out? Either way, you can't go wrong choosing one or the other. Their pool is definitely the one to hang out in.
    I think the point is that YC tends to attract more adults, since it's a convention resort so there are often a lot of business travelers, rather than families with young kids. So, the "quiet" might be due to less kids in rooms, running down halls yelling, etc. We stay at BC as a family. I've never had an issue with noise either, but there is no shortage of kids all over the resort, and sometimes kids are loud. When we go over to YC, the lobby is always full of adults in suits, on their cell phones, and that's a different kind of loud.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    We are 4 adult guys that do a drinking/golf trip every year. This year there will only be three of us. We have one prima-donna but the other two are "splash water on my face, put on a hat, and hand me a cocktail" types.

We are seriously considering moving from 2 rooms at POP to one at Beach Club for the 3 night trip.

I am small so the day bed will work for me. We spend 50% of our time in EPCOT and 30% at DHS.

I know the cost will be more but with an expected AP discount probably not outside our budget.

Question? Can 3 grown men make it 3 nights at Beach Club in one room without killing each other?

Been there done that with 3 guys at Beach Club Villas studio room. We had no issues. You'll have a great time with close proximity to Epcot, Boardwalk nightlife, and DHS.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

You can never go wrong with the BC or YC. Have a blast!!!!
    1978-1990- Numerous Trips Offsite
    May 1997-POFQ-Honeymoon
    Nov 1997-CBR
    Apr 2004-ASM
    May 2005-WL
    May 2006-POFQ
    May 2007-POFQ
    Oct 2008-POFQ
    Oct 2009-CSR

Sept 2011 - BC
    Jun 2013 - YC

Post Thanks / Like