Quantcast Taxi from LAX to DisneyLand and Embassy Suites South

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taxi from LAX to DisneyLand and Embassy Suites South

I had read in a thread on here that someone seemed to think that taking a cab from LAX to Disneyland was cheaper than the other options such as a shuttle/bus. Has anyone tried this??
    Last edited by tinkwest; 03-21-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: changed title to include Embassy Suites discussion
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I wouldn't think a taxi was cheaper. I've admittedly never priced it, out, but the Disneyland Express is reasonable and comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

I am worried about that melanie because we are going to a nearby hotel.. the Embassy suites south. I don't feel like dragging my luggage a block or so.
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't quote prices, but it is a long way with a lot of potential LA traffic from LAX to Disneyland. I would look Atari car service (can get a fixed price) before I'd consider a cab. Just my
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_pups2 View Post
    I am worried about that melanie because we are going to a nearby hotel.. the Embassy suites south. I don't feel like dragging my luggage a block or so.
    Disneyland Express is not just to the Disney owned hotels. Is your hotel a good neighbor hotel?

ETA: I just checked and your hotel is on the list for the Disneyland Resort Express shuttle - schedule B. From LAX, cost is $32 round trip, but there is a $5 off coupon right on the website.

Disneyland Resort Express
    Last edited by Melanie; 03-16-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The cabs at LAX and SNA offer flat rate service to Disneyland Resort area hotels. It is signigicantly more expensive than the DL Express, but it's direct and faster.

FYI, the Embassy Suites is much further than a block from DLR. You won't really be able to walk to the parks from there. I mean, you CAN, but it's a haul. It's practically in Garden Grove. There is probably a resort shuttle, or you can take the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) bus.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    ..... your hotel is on the list for the Disneyland Resort Express shuttle - schedule B. From LAX, cost is $32 round trip, but there is a $5 off coupon right on the website.
    If price is a consideration I don't think you can beat that.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    If price is a consideration I don't think you can beat that.
    Not at all. And I once took it to an offsite hotel, and it was fine. I can't even imagine what the cost of a taxi would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Correction: flat rate taxi service is only available from SNA or LGB airports. $45 plus tip each way.

Taxi from LAX will be around $100 each way.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks all

Thanks all, especially Melanie. I will check out their site and book that way! It sounds like the best way to go.
    I am shocked however that someone here said that Embassy South is more than that away, It claims on their site to be 1/2 a block away and from their resort rooms facing Disney you can see the fireworks clearly from the bedrooms.... are you sure you aren't thinking North? There are two.
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Check the address on Google Maps. It is easy to see fireworks from Disneyland at a distance. Heck, I could see them from parts of the town I used to live in, which was 12 miles away.

If you are staying at the Embassy Suites South, it is the one in Garden Grove. There is a really great Italian Ice/Frozen Custard shop called Joe's that we used to frequent. I am quite familiar with the hotels along Harbor. That hotel is definitely way more than 1/2 block from DL. They tend to be sneaky by using Disneyland's property linr to indicate proximity to the parks. But, you can only enter in one spot along Harbor, and its between the two parks.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Well now that is disappointing, BrerGnat..lol. I thought I was doing so darn good too... bummer! Maybe I can use the "mis information", a $20 sandwhich and our anniversary that weekend as a good reason for a comp upgrade facing the parks..lol.
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, there are SO many hotels much closer to DL. Are you stuck at the Embassy Suites? Did you prepay or something?

The reason that Embassy Suites can brag about being able to see fireworks from the rooms is that it is a rather high building, compared to most hotels in the area. It's like 12 stories tall. It's very easy to see fireworks that are a mile away from 12 stories up.

That hotel is a good mile from the DL main entrance. I am going to forewarn you, that neighborhood is a little rough. It's just far enough away from DLR to be beyond the pixie dust perimeter of Anaheim Resort. Don't be walking around there at night.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BrerGnat. I will keep all of that in mind. I am not really in the mood to walk to a location to walk more..lol. Yes, unfortunately I am locked in cannot change the reservation now. I will have to make due. We booked a vacation package so it is all linked now. Anyways, thank you so much for the information and your time!
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

It will be okay. There are shuttle buses available. You should call the hotel directly and inquire about which bus (OCTA or ART). You will have to pay for both of these options. OCTA is Orange County's public transit buses, ART is a smaller shuttle operation, but is much more expensive. If you will be using the ART line, you will need to budget for it. For a family of 4 (assuming 2 kids), you are looking at around $15-20 per day. You can buy multi day passes (2, 3 or 5 day passes) for a slight discount.

I might actually consider renting a car if I were you. Between having to get to the hotel from LAX and having to pay for daily shuttle service, you might actually come out ahead by renting, and you will have more freedom to explore the area. Of course, Disneyland charges a daily parking fee as well, so there's that. Anyway, just throwing it out there.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed that Embassy Suites and it is about a mile from the DL entrance. We were renting a car, though, so aside from the daily parking fee it wasn't a big deal. We did see a lot of people using the shuttle and it seemed to come fairly frequently.

The hotel itself is very nice and they have a fabulous breakfast in the morning (get there early before it gets busy). The area right around the hotel is fine, with decent restaurants too (Boca di Beppo is right in front).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for the info. I decided a long time ago via stories from family and friends NOT to drive in California..lol. We didn't in Taiwan either because I simply cannot relax if I am having to drive in a busy new place. So we just don't. We will be fine with the shuttle and it's just DH and I this trip for our anniversary so we should be just fine but thank you so much for the info.
    MNN thank you also for you input on the surrounding area and the hotel. I appreciate that. :-)
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: