Quantcast Gluten Free at Disney World?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gluten Free at Disney World?

Does anyone have any experience eating gluten free at Disney World. We will be there next spring, and need ideas of where is safe to eat. I have some info from the special diets office at Disney, but would love to hear from other families that have actually experienced it.
    This will be our first trip to the World having to deal with these diet restrictions.

Thanks for any info.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't personally, but if you click this link , you will see a bunch of threads with this topic.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I don't personally, but if you click this link , you will see a bunch of threads with this topic.
    The link produces an empty search result.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... It worked when I posted it, seriously. Oh well, do a search and it will come up again.

Just type gluten in the search.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

My stepdad is celiac and we vacationed with him last fall. DW is awesome for gluten free! We just told them on our reservation. Most places the chef came out to see us to explain the menu. They will tell you what is safe to eat and if there is something you really want that isn't, they can make a fair equivalent.

QS are a bit more difficult but not impossible. Look up ahead of time which counter service places have gluten free. So that way you aren't wandering around the parks hungry and wasting time.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin-in-law is Gluten Free and visits WDW often. She loves the Kona Café in the Polynesian. In fact, she and her husband spent one night at Disney for their Honeymoon and that is where they had dinner.

We had dinner with her there recently and I believe that almost all of the entrees could be made gluten free. She did have to specifically request a separate dish of butter (due to cross-contamination concerns.) She said that during previous visits, they automatically brought her a separate dish - inexperienced server, perhaps?

Also, there is a bakery in Downtown Disney called BabyCakes that has (I believe) a complete menu of gluten free items. I had a fabulous chocolate cupcake there (after dinner at the Poly.)
    Last edited by irish1967; 03-11-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: eliminate redundant comment
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is very gluten free friendly. We were there thanksgiving week and did not have any problems. At QS they just tell them when you start to order and they will send a manager to come out and talk to you and tell you your options. Then the manager goes and prepares the food for you. We were able to get gluten free chicken fingers and pizza, hamburgers, etc. They were very accommodating. At the nicer restaurant just tell your waiter and the chef will come talk to you. At O'hana the chef brought the food to the table and told us to eat only what he brings. We did note on all dining reservations that we had a gluten intolerance.
    Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

Tell them ahead of time when you make your dining reservations. They are very accomadating. The chef would come out and talk to my daughter about what she might like. At Kouzzina's, they made her hot rolls, yummy pasta, and a fabulous chocolate raspberry dessert! They also carry babycakes I believe and a few other brands of dessert itmes that you can get at teh counter service meals and they had them in our hotel snack area. Places with burgers and stuff also carry gluten free rolls etc.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ