Quantcast WL Club Level or Std. Room at Poly??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: WL Club Level or Standard Room at the Poly

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wilderness Lodge Club Level

6 30.00%
  • Standard Room at the Polynesian

14 70.00%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WL Club Level or Std. Room at Poly??

Ugh...I'm so conflicted. Long story, but we're having a really hard time making a final decision and I need opinions.

My DH & I are planning to spend 14 nights at WDW in May to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Our DD(20) and her boyfriend(21) are going with us. We are torn between staying Club Level at the WL, or in a standard room (not Club Level) at the Poly. We'd really like to experience CL, but it would be nice to have the day bed and larger room at the Poly. Club Level at the Poly isn't an option...it would be over $3000 more and that would buy a lot of souvenirs. What would you choose & why?

Thanks everyone!!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered Club Level at a different resort? I've been pricing it lately and you may be able to swing club level at Beach Club and stay within your budget and have a bit of a larger room that WL. Otherwise for the length of time you are staying I think I would pick the bigger room, so I would go Poly.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Poly. I accidentally clicked WL in your poll. The space will make a big difference, I think. Honestly, I would go club level on your own and let your daughter fend for herself at Pop. It's your anniversary! You might miss having the romantic alone time. She might wish she had some, too.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Club level just wasn't worth it to us (at the Beach Club), so I wouldn't likely pay for it again. I personally do not like the Wilderness Lodge, and much prefer the Poly for room size, resort feel and food.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Also...unless I'm much mistaken, I don't believe the Wilderness Lodge is on the monorail, while the Polynesian is.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the feedback. We've stayed at WL before and really like it. Not being on the monorail isn't an issue for us. We looked at the Beach & Yacht Club (staying CL) and it would be slightly cheaper. In fact, we had booked a room at YC but after visiting there again in Jan., my DH and DD felt it was too stuffy. We considered BC but didn't like that we couldn't be guaranteed a balcony or a day bed. I can come up with pros and cons for WL and Poly....I've never stayed at the Poly before and always wanted to stay there. Our last 2 big trips were WL (2010) and POR (2011), both without our DD, so we're letting her the the BF tag along on this trip.

A question though: are there any "public" restrooms in the longhouses at the Poly? So if someone is taking a shower and someone else needs to use the rest room, is there a restroom in the longhouse they can use, or do they have to go to the GCH?

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Let's get real here. The daybeds are NOT comfortable for adults, first of all. Second, do you really want to spend 14 nights sharing a room with your adult daughter and her boyfriend on your anniversary trip? Awkward doesn't even begin to describe how I'd feel about that.

I'd say skip CL entirely (since your DD isn't 21 yet, and can't take advantage of the alcoholic bevs), and book two standard rooms at whichever resort you like best. I'd personally choose WL over Poly any day, but I like the Epcot resorts most of all. Have you considered the Boardwalk Inn (cheaper than BC/YC). It's very nice to be within walking distance to two parks and having all the great dining and entertainment options at the Boardwalk area.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

What a tough decision! I've stayed at both the Poly (CL and standard) and WL and they are my two favorite resorts each having their own uniqueness. If I were staying 14 days, I'd probably go with the Poly as the rooms are bigger and the resort would be more of a romantic feel (Hawaii) as opposed to being in the wilderness! If you do stay at the Poly, request a room in Tokelau as they are slightly bigger than the ones in the other longhouses. I always requested a room closest to the lagoon...you can get a partial view of it and a view of the Contemporary. Staying at the Poly you also get a clear view of Wishes every night. Another reason to stay at the Poly is because you haven't....it is your anniversary.

Whatever you decide, Happy 25th!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you given any thought to renting points and getting 2 studios. This way you could stay in the dlx accommodations you're seeking but would have much more room not to mention privacy.

There are some very reputable companies out there including our sponsor the Timeshare Store. One thing about renting though is that it is nonrefundable so you would need to check with the company about insurance.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I love Club Level at Wilderness lodge - If all four adults are staying in the same room, I'd recommend a bunk bed room - my 20 year old is 5 feet 10 inches and can sleep on the top bunk with no problems.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: