Quantcast Disney Magic is #1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Magic is #1

This was in today's Sentinel & I wholeheartedly agree! The Dream was fine but the Magic stole our hearts!!

By Richard Tribou , Orlando Sentinel
    Tue Jan 22 2013 4:13 PM
    Disney Cruise Line was among the top honors in the 2013 readers' poll for Top Cruise Ships in the World. The line's oldest ship, the Disney Magic, was named the No. 1 Large Cruise Ship, one of four categories in the poll results released today.

Two of the line's other three ships also placed in the top with with the Disney Wonder at No. 2 and Disney Dream at No. 3. The new Disney Fantasy ranked 8th.

"Overall, our readers think all three ships are excellent," said John Newton, the magazine's Service and Surveys Editor. "The scores of the Disney Dream and the Disney Magic are separated by only 0.4 points. In 2011, the Disney Dream and the Disney Wonder were tied, at 88.8. This year the Disney Wonder scored 0.1 higher than the Dream...As for the Disney Fantasy, by next year more of our readers will have experienced the ship and we will have a larger sample of responses."

Disney Cruise Line always ranks well in the Condé Nast Traveler reader polls. The Magic was named best cruise ship and the cruise line was named best overall in 2012.

"The place where the Disney Magic excels compared to its sister ships is in itineraries," Newton said. "It received a 91.6, to the Wonder's 87.6 and the Dream's 80.1. Many of our readers are interested in Mediterranean cruises, and the Magic offers itineraries in the Mediterranean which helps explain, at least in part, why it scores better in that category."

The Magic was built in 1998 and spent years sailing out of Port Canaveral before migrating about the last couple of years. The Magic is currently sailing out of the port of Galveston, but will reposition to Europe this summer and undergo a dry dock refurbishment before returning stateside to PortMiami in the fall.

Other winners in the polls were the Grand Circle Arethusa for best small cruise ship, Crystal Symphony for best medium cruise ship and Grand Circle Provence for best river cruise ship.

Farther down the large ship category, Celebrity Eclipse came in 4th, Celebrity Equinox 5th, the Queen Mary 2 6th, Celebrity Solstice 7th followed by the Fantasy at 8th, Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas 9th and Princess Cruises' Emerald Princess rounding out the top 10.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised. She is a beauty.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Having been on both the Magic and the Dream, this is actaully a surprise...

I thought the Magic is really showing her age. I will say that in 2011 the itineraries were pretty interesting, but I'm not sure they would make me choose the Magic over one of the newer ships.

It will be interesting what the refurb does for the Magic. The Dream was beautiful. Public areas seemed better designed and the choices aboard the Dream were second to none. Between food, activities, etc, I need to give the nod to the Dream.

Staff seemed happier and more attentive on the Dream as well...

Post Thanks / Like

See I felt totally different. I felt the Dream was too large and impersonal and the Magic I felt was intimate and had impeccable service.

I guess it's just the experience you have. But I definitely will stay
    With the smaller ships. (Hence the reason i will drive 3 hours to Miami to sail the Wonder vs 45 minutes to the Dream or
    Fantasy.)
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani