Quantcast Cape May Cafe Vs Akershus, breakfast

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cape May Cafe Vs Akershus, breakfast

We are trying to decide which restaurant to choose for our 20 month DD. Our concern is her understanding who the princess are. She plays with her fisher price castle with princess little people, but will that translate to the real deal? On the other hand she has been to character meals and loves Minnie. We are trying to provide the best experience. What would you guys do or have done?
    Thanks
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cape May is a bear to get to for breakfast. The princess breakfast has better food and is a better experience as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with DizneyRox. And if memory serves, Minnie isn't at Cape May, I believe its Mickey Donald and Pluto? Hopefully someone can confirm.

Akershus is a far better value food and experience wise. It is one of my favorite character meals.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I agree with DizneyRox. And if memory serves, Minnie isn't at Cape May, I believe its Mickey Donald and Pluto? Hopefully someone can confirm.

Akershus is a far better value food and experience wise. It is one of my favorite character meals.
    I'll be back later with an opinion (got to run the kids to school) but Cape May should be Minnie, Donald and Goofy in beach attire unless they have changed it recently.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Ate at Cape May twice and loved it.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

We always have breakfast at Cape May - love it! The food is good - terrific breakfast pizza. The characters are Minnie, Goofy & Donald. We are two adults and have always had great interaction with the characters and have noted the attention they give to the kids. It has never been as crazy busy as some of the other character meals - that's why we enjoy it so much.
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm back.

I've been to both meals and they are both great. What really matters is what works best for you and your daughter. My daughter has adored princesses from a young age. We took her to her first princess meal at 2 and she loved it. But if your daughter isn't that into princesses and loves Minnie, a Minnie meal might be the better choice.

Here's my opinion on each. Hope it helps.

Cape May
    -Traditional breakfast buffet with a wide assortment of food. Food is good
    -Pretty surroundings. Less hectic than many character meals
    -Good character interaction
    -May be difficult to get to if you do not have a car or are not staying in the Epcot area.

Akershus

-Plated breakfast with a Norwegian buffet. Most of the plated part is basic but there is an awesome potato casserole. No Mickey waffles if that matters to you.
    -Excellent character interaction
    -Beautiful surroundings
    -If you reserve early in the morning, you can walk through Epcot when it is empy
    -Meal comes with a picture package with Belle but the meal is more expensive due to the picture package.

I would do either again.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have only been to Cape May. The food was really good and the characters were great. The only bad part was that it was crowded and led to bad buffet behavior, but that seems to be the case at all of the buffets. We really enjoyed walking around the grounds of the resort, too (we weren't staying there).

Post Thanks / Like

Have been to both and both are huge favorites with our family.

As was mentioned, it's often easier to get to a park - are you taking Disney transport?

At Akershus, you don't have to go through a buffet line to get your food. There is a buffet with pastries, cheeses, etc. but the main food comes to you. With a 20 month old, this may be a plus.

She may not understand that she's seeing Mulan, or Ariel with legs, but she will understand she's seeing girls in pretty dresses.

Disney's website says your DD may meet Minnie, Donald Duck or Goofy at Cape May. On some occasions when we've eaten at Cape May, Minnie was only making occasional appearances near the entrance. She did not visit around the restaurant. I don't know if this is still the case. We have ADRs here on our trip next month so I suppose we'll find out.

I'm thinking, if she plays with princesses, she may like visiting with 4 or 5. And at that age, she may get a kick out of watching the princesses visit with other folks near your table, and watching the parade around the restaurant too. And you'll enjoy walking through a relatively quiet World Showcase.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

For a little girl.....Akershus for sure. My niece loved the princesses there. Cape May is a low key character experience IMO.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    Disney's website says your DD may meet Minnie, Donald Duck or Goofy at Cape May. On some occasions when we've eaten at Cape May, Minnie was only making occasional appearances near the entrance. She did not visit around the restaurant. I don't know if this is still the case. We have ADRs here on our trip next month so I suppose we'll find out.
    As of last May, Minnie does visit each table. Have fun!
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: