Quantcast no more "no expiration" tickets for sale? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I always use my tickets up on my trip, never have any left over days. So, this really doesn't affect me. I did however like when your options (mini golf, water parks) stayed on the ticket, I was fortunate enough to use one of those a few vacations later when I found the ticket!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    You found the loophole! Honestly, that is really screwed up. When I did it, it redirected me to the MOBILE site, and then I had to click on "book your WDW vacation" and THEN I was able to see the old ticket page.

However, seeing those prices...jeez! People really pay $27/day to add on the no expiration??? That's insane! On a 10 day hopper, that's almost as much as the base ticket price...
    it's still economical. We've gotten many 10-day no expiration tickets in the past to pay for days on future trips, even as the cost of the no-expiration option has risen. Since Disney raises ticket prices every year, if you're only going to the parks for three or four days per trip and only visiting WDW yearly or every other year, you're definitely saving money on tickets by the third trip.

But the bigger advantage to such a ticket is the value of the cost per day even on the first trip. If I buy a three-day base ticket with no add-ons, my cost per day is $80. On a 10-day, no-expiration park hopper with water park option, my cost for the first three days is only $67 per day.

Just a few days ago I said I hoped, but was not hopeful, that Disney wouldn't faze out the no expiration, but I could see the writing on the wall with these wristbands.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roses View Post
    I always use my tickets up on my trip, never have any left over days. So, this really doesn't affect me. I did however like when your options (mini golf, water parks) stayed on the ticket, I was fortunate enough to use one of those a few vacations later when I found the ticket!
    We still have SIX water park days left on old tickets. I expect those will last us for awhile.

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Just a few days ago I said I hoped, but was not hopeful, that Disney wouldn't faze out the no expiration, but I could see the writing on the wall with these wristbands.
    Ewwww, I meant PHASE out. I'm sure Disney's not fazed by this at all.

Post Thanks / Like

We visit once a year and usually buy a 10-day no expire park hopper every other year. Budget wise it makes every other trip cheaper because we'll have paid for our tix the year before and it also helps us in terms of planning: we have relatives in the area, so we often unexpectly miss a day or 2 at the parks to visit them. It will kind of stink to have to guess in advance now how many days we'll use.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Yet, no official word that its going away? Been seeing comments that its removed from menu because guests find it confusing, and buy it when they shouldn't. I am doubting that, but maybe...

With new prices its not as good of a deal anyway unless you add on wp and more option also.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

I go on a guys weekend trip that uses 2-3 days of park tickets per year. We have one AP holder that goes as well so we do room only.

I have always bought a 10day hopper no-ex about every 4-5 years or so and used that for this trip. Has saved me a ton over the yeras.

For example, today, a 2 day park hopper is about 300 bucks. 10 day no expiration is 700.

That’s buy 5 days get 5 free and that at todays' prices. Who knows what they will charge next year?!?

I still have 7 days on mine from last year but I still intend to get another one and put it away.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    Yet, no official word that its going away? Been seeing comments that its removed from menu because guests find it confusing, and buy it when they shouldn't. I am doubting that, but maybe...

With new prices its not as good of a deal anyway unless you add on wp and more option also.
    I'm not sure you'll ever see an "official word" on this from DIsney. It's not like they are going to release a statement saying they got rid of the option. Best to just make it disappear.

It has been removed from the "newer" version of Disneyworld.com. You can no longer purchase a ticket with this option online. It has been removed from physical menu boards at WDW. At this point, it's probably safe to say that these will only exist as long as ticket re sellers have them in stock, and once they are gone, they are gone.

Disney recently did this at Disneyland with the multi day hoppers. Used to be, you could purchase up to a 7 day park hopper. They recently got rid of 6 and 7 day hoppers and now you can only buy up to a 5 day ticket. They didn't make a big deal about it. It just quietly went away. Of course, there has been a huge stink about it in the online communities, but Disney had no "official" word on the subject.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: