Quantcast Requesting Standard Room

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Requesting Standard Room

Hello all! So, I believe we've decided on BC, and we will be renting points from DVC - however, I do see that there is not 2 beds, but a bed and a pullout couch. Is there anyway to request to be placed into a standard room? Could we ask this when we get there or when we rent the points?

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The DVC resort Beach Club Villas only has studios, not "standard rooms" with two beds. The Beach Club Resort has standard rooms but you can't stay there on points. So your choice is to rent points for a Beach Club Villas DVC studio with a bed and a sofa, or pay cash for a Beach Club Resort standard room.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roses View Post
    Hello all! So, I believe we've decided on BC, and we will be renting points from DVC - however, I do see that there is not 2 beds, but a bed and a pullout couch. Is there anyway to request to be placed into a standard room? Could we ask this when we get there or when we rent the points?
    No chance. The Beach Club resort is separate from the Beach Club Villas. DVC members only have booking rights at the BC Villas side. The BC resort rooms are unavailable to book using DVC points.

You could probably book a standard room at the Beach Club using a discount for less than what you will pay to rent points from a person...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reply

Right now it's about $2,000 overall to stay in a standard room rather than renting out the DVC room. Are the pullout couches comfortable?

Rose

Post Thanks / Like

Right now it's about $2,000 overall to stay in a standard room rather than renting out the DVC room. Are the pullout couches comfortable?
    $2000 MORE to do the standard room over the DVC rental? How much is the DVC rental going to cost you?

When are you going?

I have never found a pullout couch that I'd call "comfortable". My kids will sleep on them and not complain, but I wouldn't. It really just depends on who will be sleeping on the pullout.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reply

Overall with the dining package and the tickets, it seems as though it would be around 3,000 to rent from DVC. Whereas booking directly through Disney for a standard room with everything would be around 5500. :/ I really want to stay at The Beach Club. I guess I can rent a 2 bedroom for still LESS (5100 total) than booking through Disney. I just don't think I want to spend THAT much.

Rose

Post Thanks / Like

Overall with the dining package and the tickets, it seems as though it would be around 3,000 to rent from DVC. Whereas booking directly through Disney for a standard room with everything would be around 5500. :/ I really want to stay at The Beach Club. I guess I can rent a 2 bedroom for still LESS (5100 total) than booking through Disney. I just don't think I want to spend THAT much.
    If you are willing to purchase your trip a la carte, and forgo the dining plan, you can probably get a fairly good room only discount. Honestly. I've never paid more than $369/night for the Beach Club, and that was on Club Level! We always go on a substantial room only discount (30-40% when it's offered).

The dining plan isn't entirely cost effective. Might want to rethink that one if you're trying to save on costs.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - I'll take that into consideration. I'm a fan of the dining plan, and being able to chose what I want and it's already paid for. I like not having to budget my food - and I agree, it doesn't save me money - I "spent" the same amount that I paid. But, I will certainly look into room only rates. I appreciate your help!

Rose

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - I'll take that into consideration. I'm a fan of the dining plan, and being able to chose what I want and it's already paid for. I like not having to budget my food - and I agree, it doesn't save me money - I "spent" the same amount that I paid. But, I will certainly look into room only rates. I appreciate your help!
    I only bring it up because when you are talking about staying at a Deluxe, you can save quite a chunk of money on the room portion by booking under a room only discount. The only "package" discount you would see would be "free dining", which isn't nearly the same savings you would get if you got 30-35% off the room.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to be going Nov. 12-19 (or 20th), are there typically any discounts at that time? I remember free dining last year.

Rose

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to be going Nov. 12-19 (or 20th), are there typically any discounts at that time? I remember free dining last year.
    Yes, there are usually lots of discounts then. You can't get the Free Dining when you rent DVC points though, for what it's worth.

Free Dining is usually offered in conjunction with room only discounts. Room only is a better option when you are staying deluxe.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: