Quantcast Fast pass question re time enforcemnt

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast pass question re time enforcemnt

Are they now enforcing the ending time on FPs? I think i read that somewhere. On all our previous trips it was only the beginning time. Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with them rolling out the next gen project they are going to start being more strict on times for FP
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are enforcing the rerun time window - both the beginning and the ending times.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there at the end of July, they were enforcing the return times. I have been saying for years they should have been enforcing them and it was nice that they were doing so. When we used a fastpass we actually walked right on to rides as a fastpass was intended and when we were in regular que lines later in the day and evening we didn't have to stand and watch hundreds of people go through the fastpass line using fastpasses they had collected earlier in the day and were obviously past their deadline. The fastpass system was actually working as originally intended.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one set of CMs let us on Test Track 5 mins before the stated time during the soft opening. That's the only grace I saw the entire trip on those fastpasses.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

They were very strict when we were there over thanksgiving. The only grace we saw was that we were let on 3 minutes ahead for one on Soarin. The CM's were warning people that they would not let them on if they were late.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Just came back. We went early for just about every fastpass at each park and no one looked closely.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had an ending time enforced. I've had to come back after the first alotted time but not be there before the ending time.

Post Thanks / Like

The last 2 times we've been there (both within the last 4 months), they were definitely enforcing the return time listed on the pass. I saw several turned away. The one we saw right in front of us, the people were 5 hours late and were told no. I suppose a couple minutes late might not be an issue, but I understand they're trying to crack down a bit on the people that collect several fast passes during the day and use them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Pass

The overwhelming response from CMs is that they are allowed to let you in the Fast Pass line 5 minutes before the first time listed. As far as being late, they said that it is expired after the last time listed. I'm sure there is at least a 5 minutes cushion there too though.

We were just there two weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

What I noticed to is that they usually had two CM's stationed at fastpass. One at the entrance to the ride and the 2nd right as you enter the joint area after you've walked thru the entire FP queue. So the first person should warn you ahead of time that it has expired without you going all the way thru then rejected at the ride itself.

We never pushed the late arrival but as noted by others, I think more than once we were 5 minutes or so early and got on.

Again as noted by others, with the enforcement, it felt like the FP lanes were working as intended.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I thought I had read that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kplaster View Post
    I have never had an ending time enforced. I've had to come back after the first alotted time but not be there before the ending time.
    That won't work anymore, unfortunately. End times are being enforced
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

We saw a couple being turned away from Soarin for turning up 25 minutes after the end of their FP window.

That was when we were at Florida Mall with 45 minutes until the end of our FP window. We made it with 2 minutes to spare. Staying at the YC helped a lot
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are preparing people for the Next Gen of the FP. I was sent with the trial FP on my recent trip. Since the pass is electronic the pole will keep an "eye" on the FP time noted on the card itself. When you wave it in front of the pole and you are within your time, the light turns green and the castmember knows you are there correctly. Otherwise you are turned away. I was very glad to see this as many people were trying to use their regular fastpasses many hours later then when the time issued for them and the castmembers would turn them away. Once it was a group of about 23. At least now the "pole" will be able to make that decision instead of the human and maybe less castmembers will be verbally abused by rude guests. Oh and there is a leeway of about 5 min built into the system.
    Last edited by disneymom2000; 12-15-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Added info
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Late

FPs now have printed right on them, "Cannot accomodate arrivals after the return time.
    And they don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kplaster View Post
    I have never had an ending time enforced. I've had to come back after the first allotted time but not be there before the ending time.
    You've always had to come back "after the first allotted time"; it's *after* the ending times that they're now enforcing. Guests would hold onto their FastPasses all day and "come back later" (later than their one-hour window) to use them. This would then crowd up those later FP return times with guests that had earlier FP's, but didn't use them as intended.

You can return *any time* within your one-hour window.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I had to turn away several groups yesterday when they arrived well past the end of their FP window.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: