Quantcast Stay Together? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stay Together?

Post Thanks / Like

Most of our trips have been with a wide range of ages.. While we try to do some family things, including some meals as a group, most park touring has been with smaller groups. That way, we accomodate almost everyone's wants and likes. DW is their companion, advisor, and (...their parents don't know), their bank, for shopping.
    I can get everyone on their "Must do's"....And when small groups of DGK's can't agree on what to do next, I can usually mediate and implement a plan to accomodate everyone...
    While they are becoming even more expensive, Character Meals are a great family event....we have tried to do several on most trips...usually at least one dinner, and one breakfast...

We have seen it from both sides...two of our earliest trips were with DMiL and DFiL...and we did most things as a group...even then, our kids are spread over 11 years, and had varying tastes, and attention span....But rather than slow down to stay together all the time, we created rendezvous points, to allow the older DK's (and me) to ride our favorites, while always giving the in-laws the option to join the group, or to just chill.

DMiL and DD#2 rode and re-rode "If You Had Wings", while DS#1, DD#1, DFiL, and I rode the Turnpike again and again...but we all did PoTC together...DW shopped...but joined us on IASW and Peter Pan...shopped again while DFiL and I took DS#1 and DD#1 on 20,000 Leagues...

Those two trips were special for the In Laws...One of very few vacations they took together...The way we did it helped to make it special. I still remember hundreds of special moments from those trips. Now that we are the Seniors in the group (actually older than they were on those trips), we enjoy the lack of pressure to do it all together, while enjoying the special moments of individual and family events.

Never had a bad trip...never insisted that we stay together constantly...
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks :)

I think we finally have it figured out to where we will all stay together in the mornings, eat lunch, and then venture off to do separate things! Thanks so much for everyone's help
    Paige Matthews "Princess from Tennessee"
    December 2008 Off Site
    October 2010 Pop Century
    September 2011 Pop Century
    December 2012 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

It is good that you are going to separate. It will help for the trip. One thing you did not mention is when you will give your parents time to split away as well. They are going to need a break from all of the kids now and then too.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Their anniversary is Saturday so my friend and I will be watching the two youngest while they go on a "date" in Magic Kingdom! I will also be watching them on one of the nights so they can go to Down Town Disney.
    Paige Matthews "Princess from Tennessee"
    December 2008 Off Site
    October 2010 Pop Century
    September 2011 Pop Century
    December 2012 Pop Century