Quantcast Main Street Bakery

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Main Street Bakery

Just heard the Main St. Bakery was closing in Jan. and reopening as a Starbucks. Please say its not so. Theer is a Starbucks on virtually every street in America...but only one Main St. Bakery. mmmmm...the choc. chip cookies. I know this is a business decision by Disney; Starbucks is probably paying a small fortune for this location; but some things should be sacred. What's next ?...Citibank Tower of Terror ? Chase Haunted Mansion ? Not everyone is in love with Starbucks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicholsbears View Post
    Just heard the Main St. Bakery was closing in Jan. and reopening as a Starbucks. Please say its not so. Theer is a Starbucks on virtually every street in America...but only one Main St. Bakery. mmmmm...the choc. chip cookies. I know this is a business decision by Disney; Starbucks is probably paying a small fortune for this location; but some things should be sacred. What's next ?...Citibank Tower of Terror ? Chase Haunted Mansion ? Not everyone is in love with Starbucks.
    While I agree that Starbucks is probably the closest thing we have to an invasion of brain eating fungus, all is not lost. It has been reported that the menue will keep Main Street's signiture items and the theming will not change much.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

+1......couldn't have said it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    It has been reported that the menue will keep Main Street's signiture items and the theming will not change much.
    Where has this been reported? From what I have read, no one really knows if the signature items will stay.....
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I love love love starbucks, but i don't want them to take away main street bakery, why can't it still be main street bakery now serving starbucks coffee.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Why couldn't they build a new building for Starbucks? There is so much going in the new Fantasyland, why not there? Starbucks to me doesn't go with the theme of Main Street...This is a bad call for Disney!
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    While I agree that Starbucks is probably the closest thing we have to an invasion of brain eating fungus, all is not lost. It has been reported that the menue will keep Main Street's signiture items and the theming will not change much.
    Thats good about the signature items and theming. Hopefully they keep the bakery smell also.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elmjimmlm View Post
    Why couldn't they build a new building for Starbucks? There is so much going in the new Fantasyland, why not there? Starbucks to me doesn't go with the theme of Main Street...This is a bad call for Disney!
    How about Coke at Casey's across the street? Or Kodak when it sponsored the camera shop? Or Sara Lee when it sponsored the bakery on opening day of WDW? It's just a sponsor and there have been sponsors on Main St from the opening day of DL.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    How about Coke at Casey's across the street? Or Kodak when it sponsored the camera shop? Or Sara Lee when it sponsored the bakery on opening day of WDW? It's just a sponsor and there have been sponsors on Main St from the opening day of DL.
    if it says Main Street Bakery sponsored by Starbucks i have no problem .if it say Starbucks wont like it at all
    But I say Nay Nay

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Tradition

When we get to the MK at park opening, one of our favorite things to do is get our fast pass, then head back to the bakery for breakfast. Sometimes, you get a show right out the window. .... "Ding Ding Ding goes the bell"

My husband just LOVED the french toast there but they haven't had that the past few times.

We get Cinnamon Roll, ham and cheese croissant, bagel, pastries, etc... then we all dig in. There's always enough for everyone to sample someone else's breakfast and to be honest... that day, we usually skip lunch.

Our family even got a Magic Cookie about the size of a pizza last time we were there. The cashier said she looked for a family of 4 each day and picked us one day. I'm sure a Barrista may not get that chance while making a Mocha Venti 1/2 soy 1/2 cream with cinnamon sprinkles (you can tell I only overhear this from movies) to be Disney Magic.

I will be truly saddened if they change this to Starbucks. I find Starbucks pastries' dry and tasteless. I don't mind putting the Starbucks coffee in there. But it will make the line even longer (and its already difficult). And if they change the offerings for bakery items, I'll be crushed.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Disney should come out with a press release to clarify everything. MSB is such a beloved spot by so many, they need to ease the fears the passholders and regulars.

The other thing is this: if they wanted to bring in a coffe joint, why didn't the bring in a good one. Everything thing Starbucks makes tastes burnt and nasty. Anything else would be better, IMHO.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

After rereading the Disney Food Blog, I still think they are going to mesh the two similar with what they did at DL. There they serve both Starbucks treats and Disney treats. The baristas are dressed Disney style to be in theme with the location they are in.

As far as the coffee, I'm looking forward to it and I know my kids will be on line for a mocha frappacchino.

Personally, I'm reserving judgement until more information is out.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by readytogo2 View Post
    if it says Main Street Bakery sponsored by Starbucks i have no problem .if it say Starbucks wont like it at all
    Check what they did at DCA and also think of Casey's Corner. In both cases, architecture that fits into the park with the sponsor's name as a form of plaque. At DCA there's a huge sign fir F,F &P Cafe/Bakery and much smaller Starbuck's signs. And look how small the Coke signs are on Casey's.

I don't think there's much worry about that one. The Starbuck's name will be there but the name will be Main St. Bakery. And, the coffee has to be better.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointed to hear about the Main Street Bakery closing in January. I WILL NOT be stopping by the new Starbucks. I can get Starbucks anywhere up here and it's nothing special. Overpiced and overrated in my opinion. The Main Street Bakey has a lot of character and charm. This is just another example of Disney losing touch with its hardcore customers - the people who come back year after year and look forward to stopping by places like the Main Street Bakery. They just don't care though and that takes away some of the magic. Walt liked to make a buck just like everyone else, but do you think HE would have done something like this?
    Last edited by epceddie; 11-12-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Misspelled word.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I'm thinking Disney should come out with a press release to clarify everything. MSB is such a beloved spot by so many, they need to ease the fears the passholders and regulars.

The other thing is this: if they wanted to bring in a coffe joint, why didn't the bring in a good one. Everything thing Starbucks makes tastes burnt and nasty. Anything else would be better, IMHO.
    Have to agree 100%+ with you Gator!!!

I would much rather Seattle's Best, Dunkin Donuts, or so many other coffees over StarYucks!! Yes, I know they are the biggest and have a tremendous following, but that bitter, burnt flavor just turns me off...ALMOST as much as the Nesca*bleep* in the resorts....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully this wont last long like when they brought mcDonalds into frontierland. I will not be getting coffee there.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    but that bitter, burnt flavor just turns me off...
    For me, the new blonde roast, 'Veranda', is a vast improvement. Hopefully it will be offered at Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Main Street Bakery

Can you imagine all the Disney Folks that have not found their way to this site to read about this up-coming change and disruption to our lifestyle on Main Street USA. Next year they enter the turnstile, pass under the Train Station, head straight down the right side of Main Street towards the entrance to what USED to be Main Street Bakery and all they SMELL is over-priced coffee. Sorry....no chocolate croissants, no crumb cakes and no warm cinnamon rolls, ONLY to find Mocha', Latte's and a chicken sausage breakfast wrap. Now aren't they gonna be UPSET!

I'm so glad that in 27 and 30 and 33 days when we walk down Main Street USA, we can hang a right, right into the Main Street Bakery. Sad...but for the last time.

26 Days.......
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Okay. I agree that changing it completely from the Main Street Bakery to a Starbucks is a bad call. But as crazy as we have seen Disney be in the past, I am pretty sure that no one in their right mind would completely remove a staple like TMSB and replace it with Starbucks. I'd be willing to bet it will be more of a Main Street Bakery/Starbucks hybrid than removing the bakery and its beloved snacks for good.

Trying to keep the faith.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethis26fan View Post
    I love love love starbucks, but i don't want them to take away main street bakery, why can't it still be main street bakery now serving starbucks coffee.
    I could not have said it better!!! I do love hot cocoa but I love Main Street bakery more!! I hope it stays the same, kinda feel like it was sold out....
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: