Quantcast Values...which one and why?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Values...which one and why?

The family is trying to "sneak" down in February, so we are considering staying at a Value to save some $$. It has been a long time since we stayed at a Value (but we have stayed at all of them in the past). Can anyone give us some insight into the conditions of these properties-I know they get a lot of traffic in and out of them-do any of them need refurbished? I had heard one of the All Stars had recently been revamped, is that true?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All of Disney's resorts get a lot of traffic in and out. Not just the Values. Disney does a good job maintaining the resorts and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. In order of typical cost:
    AS-sp
    AS-mu
    AS-mo
    Pop
    AoA-LM
    AS-mu Family Suite
    AoA Nemo/Cars/LK
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Value and Why?

I think ALL Value Resorts are pretty much equal, it' just a matter of your family likes!
    For example, SPORTS is themed accordingly. MOVIES may appeal to smaller children and MUSIC probably is loved by ALL,
    We request MUSIC, PREFERRED Building and POOL SIDE. DW travels via a wheelchair so the location closest to Food Court, Pool is right out door and that works for us both. We were BOTH in BAND and LOVE the MUSIC Theming. Food Court choices work for BOTH OF US. I'd suggest pulling up the MENU Tabs and also check them out. That helped us decide to stay here AGAIN this year!
    From there it's a matter of What You Like!

Enjoy Your Trip!

35 DAYS....
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Like you, we have stayed at many of the values in the past but it has been a long time. There is no way we could stand to stay in one of them now. The last couple of times we did, we really did not enjoy it at all. If it were me, I would spend a few extra bucks and at least get one of the nicer moderates. It won't cost that much more and will be worth every penny.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been staying in moderates but are taking a quick trip the end of January and staying in a value. Pop is my favorite by far. We've always been lucky and it hasn't been terribly crowded. I like having only one bus stop...just get on and go. The food court works well for my picky eaters and I actually find I enjoy the food there.

Post Thanks / Like

My picks would be either Pop or All-Star Movies
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all the values, except the new Art of Animation. Our most recent stay was at All Star Movies for one night at the end of our trip this past August. That one night reminded me why we no longer stay at the values.

The rooms are tiny, not enough space in the sink/dressing area, the beds uncomfortable, the sheets feel super thin, hard, and scratchy, the bathroom towels also kind of hard and scratchy, and even the toilet paper was a lower quality than the other resorts (felt like a really, really cheap one ply paper).

If you can swing it I'd try to go with a moderate resort. There are nice discounts out for Feb. you might be able to get a good deal on a nicer resort.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I would vote a regular room at AofA...it just opened, and the grounds are wonderful and you can try out the salt water pool! Food court is excellent...real silverware.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I will never stay at an AS again. Nothing wrong with the resorts themselves, just the buses. From the time we got to the bus stop, waited for a bus, stopped at the other to AS resorts, and went to AK, it was 1 hour. We were 10 minutes late for our breakfast reservation. We were out at 7:15AM and got off the bus at 8:15AM. AK is only 2 miles away. We could have walked there in 40 minutes.

Never again.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Like you, we have stayed at many of the values in the past but it has been a long time. There is no way we could stand to stay in one of them now. The last couple of times we did, we really did not enjoy it at all. If it were me, I would spend a few extra bucks and at least get one of the nicer moderates. It won't cost that much more and will be worth every penny.
    This ^

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we love the values. They allow us to stay longer and/or cheaper and visit Disney more. The pools and decor are fun, especially if you have kids. We feel it's like staying inside the Magic Kingdom more than any other resort with the ever-present theming. We have stayed at all the deluxes and values over the years (no moderates), but have gradually made our trips longer vs. more luxurious for the same money. However, the values can be louder than other resorts - we always request a room AWAY from the pool facing the parking lot on a high floor.

Movies was the last one rehabbed about 2 years ago, and was looking much fresher than the others when we stayed there last year. The order was Sports, Music, Movies for rehabs over the last few years (unless there was another rehab in the meantime that I am unaware of). However, I always bring my own sheets and blankets because I'm paranoid so I can't judge the bedding. Also, we always rent a car and drive to the parks so we don't deal with the buses.

Post Thanks / Like

I just stayed at Pop Century for the first time (having stayed at All-Star Sports 3 times previously) and I am now a big fan of Pop Century. I don't believe the moderates are worth the extra money. Pop met all of my needs, gave me all of the advantages of staying in a Disney property, and had its own dedicated buses. Plus, staying in a Lake-View room in the 60s building gave us a view of the MK fireworks from our room, we could walk the bridge over to Art of Animation to check it out (different options in the food court), and we were close to the food court and bus stations.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: