Quantcast Touring plans showing a 9/10 at EPCOT today?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Touring plans showing a 9/10 at EPCOT today?

Just checked touring plans & it's showing 9 out of 10 for crowds at EPCOT today. Any idea why? That's a very high level for this time of year. Right? Please help me feel better because we're leaving in just a few minutes. =(
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking I read somewhere on Intercot yesterday that there was a special event...like a bike ride or something...that was going on the end of this week. They also said the weekends are busy. I have great hope for next weeks crowds...we leave on Monday!

Oops! I might be part of your problem crowd...you might be part of mine....
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

That's kinda strange. I can't imagine a day in October when the crowds are as big as a summer day. But with Halloween decor up all over WDW, maybe it's attracting lots of extra people.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there on October 13, a Saturday, the crowds was huge. A lot of local groups, (you could tell by matching T shirts with funny sayings) were there for the Food and Wine Festival. I imagine that Friday nights might be popular also.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

We were in Epcot the end of September, right before F&W officially started, and it was so crowded. I don't know what the deal was, but I haven't been there when it was that crowded before. It was surprising to me!

But all in all, Epcot seems to be the best park to be crowded...the way it's laid out seems to have better flow.

Hope you still have a great time!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious if you found the crowds to be a "9/10." Please let us know what YOU thought! Have a great trip!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just say that Saturday I left our ICOT party to go change into warmer clothes early on. I originally parked in the first row of Journey at 7:45 am. When I returned to Epcot I ended up being parked in Explore 70 at the very end! It was definitely a very crowded afternoon/evening at the F&WF.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    Let's just say that Saturday I left our ICOT party to go change into warmer clothes early on. I originally parked in the first row of Journey at 7:45 am. When I returned to Epcot I ended up being parked in Explore 70 at the very end! It was definitely a very crowded afternoon/evening at the F&WF.
    Yes, incredibly crowded. More crowded than I've seen it in World Showcase. But, that's the F & W appeal on weekends. Fall crowds in Epcot on weekends during F & W are much thicker than even most summer crowds, I think. But we all managed. Even the thickest crowds can be overcome with good planning and the right attitude. Right?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Fall crowds in Epcot on weekends during F & W are much thicker than even most summer crowds, I think. But we all managed. Even the thickest crowds can be overcome with good planning and the right attitude. Right?
    Yep - and with good ICOT friends, it didn't matter how crowded it was! But I concur that I have never seen EPCOT WS that crowded in the 12 years we've been visiting Disney! Had such a blast that the crowds were not an issue.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that Epcot crowds are projected at 7+ for my whole trip in January - it's the "Park to Avoid" 4 out of the 5 days! I've been wondering why this would be - no F&W in January, and it's not marathon weekend. It's around MLK weekend...?
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s